Rooted Nook HD+ Wont Boot from any SD

Search This thread

rfrayer

May 5, 2012
After I flashed my HD+ to the stock rooted rom I had noticed that my bluetooth keyboard was not compatable with the stock nook OS but worked fine with CM. I stuck the bootable SD in and it would not boot, I thought maybe this might be a problem with the sdcard well 5 sdcards later it still wont boot, this problem did not start until i flashed firmware 2.1.1 rooted on there. Is there anyways to get clockworkmod back on this device? If so is there a link anywhere to a flashable image and the name of the partition I would flash it to. I still see cyanaboot when i boot up but holding the N key to access the menu does nothing either. Thanks in advance

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
After I flashed my HD+ to the stock rooted rom I had noticed that my bluetooth keyboard was not compatable with the stock nook OS but worked fine with CM. I stuck the bootable SD in and it would not boot, I thought maybe this might be a problem with the sdcard well 5 sdcards later it still wont boot, this problem did not start until i flashed firmware 2.1.1 rooted on there. Is there anyways to get clockworkmod back on this device? If so is there a link anywhere to a flashable image and the name of the partition I would flash it to. I still see cyanaboot when i boot up but holding the N key to access the menu does nothing either. Thanks in advance
There is no menu in the cyanoboot screen. To reset your device do the 8 failed boot procedure. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by holding the power button until it turns off. On the 9th boot let it complete and it will reset itself to pure stock. Then you can start over.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

rfrayer

May 5, 2012
There is no menu in the cyanoboot screen. To reset your device do the 8 failed boot procedure. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by holding the power button until it turns off. On the 9th boot let it complete and it will reset itself to pure stock. Then you can start over.

still wont boot from sdcard

rfrayer

May 5, 2012
The only way you are going to be able to mod the device any further is to get an SD to boot. Did you try the new procedure in my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature?

Yeah it ended up factory resetting about 3 times and then, by magic, booted into sd.. Thank heavens I thought i was going to be stuck with a useless keyboard :)