[Q] Wind S III won't download anything!

Search This thread

SunSpree

May 19, 2014
Well guys, introducing myself, I'm SunSpree, and I dun goof'd :(

So this afternoon, I felt it'd be a great idea to goof around and root my S III because hey! What's the fun in vanilla if you can get more?

So I used Chain Fire's root + Odin and succesfully rooted my phone. No problem here (yet). I quickly installed Adblock plus (this isn't the problem), and Titanium Back Up and used them. So far, I haven't deleted anything, so that can be ruled out. So now my phone can't download anything. Yes, I can go ahead and download APKs' online and put them unto it, but aside from that I can't do any downloading (including updates) from any source. If I try to download with the playstore, it'll display the blue downloading bar for some 3 minutes without displaying what percentage of downloading is left, and right after it'd show an error that it couldn't be downloaded.
If I go on the playstore, it'll say that the app has downloaded and I need to install it, but the whole download bar thing would happen again. Then I tried going on pimp my rom (downloaded the apk online), but it can't download anything either. It just says 0/100 and 0%.

Someone please help! I'd highly prefer if I didn't have to restore my phone (I only have backups for my contact book, a few games, and that's it).

Thank you XDA community!

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com

So this afternoon, I felt it'd be a great idea to goof around and root my S III because hey! What's the fun in vanilla if you can get more?

So I used Chain Fire's root + Odin and succesfully rooted my phone. No problem here (yet). I quickly installed Adblock plus (this isn't the problem), and Titanium Back Up and used them. So far, I haven't deleted anything, so that can be ruled out. So now my phone can't download anything. Yes, I can go ahead and download APKs' online and put them unto it, but aside from that I can't do any downloading (including updates) from any source. If I try to download with the playstore, it'll display the blue downloading bar for some 3 minutes without displaying what percentage of downloading is left, and right after it'd show an error that it couldn't be downloaded.
If I go on the playstore, it'll say that the app has downloaded and I need to install it, but the whole download bar thing would happen again. Then I tried going on pimp my rom (downloaded the apk online), but it can't download anything either. It just says 0/100 and 0%.

Someone please help! I'd highly prefer if I didn't have to restore my phone (I only have backups for my contact book, a few games, and that's it).

Thank you XDA community!

Pretty sure Adblock Plus IS the problem. This kind of thing is typically caused by a modified hosts file. Rename or delete the one you find in /system/etc and reboot and see if that doesn't help.

Reactions: SunSpree

SunSpree

May 19, 2014
Pretty sure Adblock Plus IS the problem. This kind of thing is typically caused by a modified hosts file. Rename or delete the one you find in /system/etc and reboot and see if that doesn't help.

Well now playstore is working, so there's that :) For pimp-my-apps, nothing will actually download. Do I need to unlock my boot?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you XDA community!