[XS][LT26] Firmware Compilation

Search This thread

alc2077

Sep 26, 2007
Have you tried using 7zip ?
Have you tried renaming the rar file to ftf ?

No I have not tried using 7zip, I will give that a try now! Thanks. How do you convert a rar file to ftf? I added .ftf to the end of the file extension and still no go plus I tried using 7-zip also. see screenshot

Attachments

• Screen-shot.jpg
    Screen-shot.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

alc2077

Sep 26, 2007
Choose extract here and you should be able to extract the .ftf.

Looks like winzip.

When I unzip the downloaded file, there's a another zipped file named "IMAGE.img" that appears, exact error message I get whenever I attempt to extract the IMAGE.img is "CANNOT OPEN FILE: IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE A VALID ARCHIVE". That's the file that I have not been able to unpack to extract the ftf file. I have spent countless hours reading through the forum and I can't seem to find an answer. Quite frustrating because I have rooted HTC & Samsung devices and have never spent this many hours trying to flash a root image like I am with the XPS. Makes me question whether or not I want to keep this phone :confused::(

The exact error message i receive is "
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

alc2077

Sep 26, 2007
I was able to finally flash my xperia using QuickIMG App. Made it so much easier, thanks guys for all your suggestions........

arash86

Sep 17, 2011
erbil
both of ftf files are same size firmwares and root.and i dl orginal lobanon firmware and flashed i cant dl root firmware because of my internet limit.now how can i root my phone?i dont want to use doomkernel to root it because when i flash doomkernel it reboot at start up..my phone is unluck

i know this is not right place to ask this.sorry.

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
I update some links and the organization of the main post, now you can find things quickly ;)

And i have a question, there is any like option here?

adsada arc

Aug 31, 2011
Just to double check I can flash the [FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.73] Central Europe 1 Generic: OT on my locked bootloader xperia s? I'm guessing the rooted version is for unlocked bl only?

Also I assume its fine but do I have to back up my files apps etc. or will they remain there after flashing?

Sorry still a new to all this

Pezo

Apr 8, 2006
Linz
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Just to double check I can flash the [FIRMWARE][6.0.A.3.73] Central Europe 1 Generic: OT on my locked bootloader xperia s? I'm guessing the rooted version is for unlocked bl only?

Also I assume its fine but do I have to back up my files apps etc. or will they remain there after flashing?

Sorry still a new to all this

Yes you can, I did the same yesterday.
Rooted one is for unlocked bootloader.

Your apps and settings will be there as long as you uncheck wipe user data.

I also got one question: After updating to CE1 Generic at least one app specific to my provider is still installed and not removable. Do I have to wipe the user data for this to go away (I don't mind it so I won't do it, just curious)?

Reactions: adsada arc

scook94

Dec 28, 2010
Stirling, UK
First of all, apologies for the n00b question but I've only had my LT26i a few days.
I currently have .67 and have an unlocked bootloader and DoomKernel loaded to get root.

I plan to flash .73 generic CE1 (unrooted). What will happen to DoomKernel if I do this? Will it remain or will I have to re-install it?

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
First of all, apologies for the n00b question but I've only had my LT26i a few days.
I currently have .67 and have an unlocked bootloader and DoomKernel loaded to get root.

I plan to flash .73 generic CE1 (unrooted). What will happen to DoomKernel if I do this? Will it remain or will I have to re-install it?

However you flash it (Flashtool or fastboot) You will have to reapply DooMLoRD's kernel modules afterwards.

With FlashTool you can check the "Exclude Kernel" box, to keep the kernel in tact. However, by doing this the compatible wifi modules will be overwritten as they're contained in "system", same goes for fastboot.

So the easiest way is to do the whole rom, then redo DooM's kernel afterwards.
(or exclude kernel, then reapply the modules zip in recovery :p)

Last edited:
Reactions: scook94

ntduyphuong

Apr 14, 2012
I'm using rooted .73 Central Europe. This FW doesn't have Timed Power Saver app. Anyone knows how can I get this one? In the .73 SG Generic, it is preinstalled.

Colinn789

Feb 25, 2010
Barcelona
Norway firmware fastest? why?

Norway firmware, possibily the fastest firmware out there?

Norway firmware requires a extra file if you want to keep your settings after flashing!

Please download the file under if u want so!:

userdata.bin

EDIT to Yakandu: Maybe u should add url to the original firmware threads so people can read about every single one?

Is it true? Norway firmware could be the fastest? Why is that? Is there any inconvenience to install it in my XPS instead of the stock ES-PT FW? (coz I'm living in Spain)

Sikiduck

Aug 27, 2010
twitter.com
I have just gotten some user reports saying it's the fastest they have tried. Not sure how many fw they have tries and which, and it may be slower then someone els.

Link to Nor fw should be in first post by OP, if not working send me a PM and I'll give u download link.

EDIT: I just saw that u need premium user to download (wtf). I'll upload it on another site asap.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts