[ROM][BASE] 5.07.651.6 Stock - Rooted - Latest Supersonic OTA

Search This thread

adnvex

Jan 10, 2012
wifi strangeness

I'm really enjoying this rom, its nice to be back on an updated stock rom. Things are so much better off - and more stable. I have a bit of weirdness though with my wifi. Its abysmally slow, downloading only a few hundred kb of data in the last 10 minutes or so. I'm right next to my wifi router, so it should be pretty fast. Has anyone else noticed wifi issues?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I'm really enjoying this rom, its nice to be back on an updated stock rom. Things are so much better off - and more stable. I have a bit of weirdness though with my wifi. Its abysmally slow, downloading only a few hundred kb of data in the last 10 minutes or so. I'm right next to my wifi router, so it should be pretty fast. Has anyone else noticed wifi issues?
Not really. If you look at my screenshot in the kernel thread, you'll see I'm connected at 72MBps.

does the kernel accept ext4 or only ext3?
In the Throwback-style ROM with a2sd, the kernel accepts only ext2/3. If you want ext4 support, you have to flash a custom kernel like Classic or Underworld.

m0nk33

Jan 1, 2011
Quick Question

:confused:What is the unlock code to edit the ##3282# function with this ROM?:confused:

Need to change the MMS server =D

Thanks!!!

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][KERNEL] 5.07.651.1 Stock - Rooted - Latest Supersonic OTA

Ok themers, I am finally ready to try a battery mod and need help.

I am posting here because I want to mod the battery on this ROM.

My problem is I *do* like Extended Quick Settings and I *don't* really care for either the circle battery or the "stock" percent battery options available to me.

I would love to learn how to modify, say, the "percent battery" zip in post 2.

I spent quite awhile tonight locating some png's, trying to replace the ones in the existing systemui.apk and flashing the result, but obviously there is more to it than that.

(Did I mention I am using a Mac?)

I'm sure this is basic, but Google hasn't turned up the key things I'm still missing so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks in advance for any breadcrumbs..

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

Ok themers, I am finally ready to try a battery mod and need help.

I am posting here because I want to mod the battery on this ROM.

My problem is I *do* like Extended Quick Settings and I *don't* really care for either the circle battery or the "stock" percent battery options available to me.

I would love to learn how to modify, say, the "percent battery" zip in post 2.

I spent quite awhile tonight locating some png's, trying to replace the ones in the existing systemui.apk and flashing the result, but obviously there is more to it than that.

(Did I mention I am using a Mac?)

I'm sure this is basic, but Google hasn't turned up the key things I'm still missing so I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks in advance for any breadcrumbs..

Check the framework-res.apk as well for the battery
^What he said.

The battery mod comes only from the above file. SystemUI isn't involved. So it won't affect any of the other mods. UOT kitchen works great for modifying the battery, which is what I used to make the mods.

Reactions: NxNW

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011

Thanks!

Sneaky how you can have battery icons in both places- I'm going to write a letter to that "Android" person who dreamed up this crazy operating system and complain..

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
has anyone got the newly released OTA from Sprint?
HTC EVO™ 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.6

Enhancements/Fixes

- Security updates

Important Notes

- Software version is: 5.07.651.6

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within approximately 10 day

no big deal

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
HTC EVO™ 4G Software Update - 5.07.651.6

Enhancements/Fixes

- Security updates

Important Notes

- Software version is: 5.07.651.6

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within approximately 10 day

no big deal
Hm. Doesn't even look worth my time. I can take it, but I doubt pulling it and rebasing will be worth the effort. Obviously just a minor update.

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011

That's what I say not worth it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
hey ctb did you find anything good in this ota, I seen you post about a radio update just curious if you poked around in it.

ty in advance

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

hey ctb did you find anything good in this ota, I seen you post about a radio update just curious if you poked around in it.

ty in advance
I flashed and pulled it. I'm probably going to update this after all. At least the basic stock rooted, and I'll probably pull the kernel too.

Not sure if the other mods will need to be updated, but I'll do some testing on that when I get a chance.

vinman12

Dec 28, 2011
I flashed and pulled it. I'm probably going to update this after all. At least the basic stock rooted, and I'll probably pull the kernel too.

Not sure if the other mods will need to be updated, but I'll do some testing on that when I get a chance.
ok sounds good, will keep a look out to see what you come up with.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE 17-MAY-2013 - Just uploaded a deodexed copy of the latest OTA-based ROM. Other than being deodexed, it's identical to the Odex version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 18-FEBRUARY-2013 - After a long hiatus, HTC released an OTA which apparently updates some security. There was also a radio update (which you can get to by clicking the radio number in my sig). Right now I'm just posting the base as-is, with the only changes being root and busybox added. I didn't deodex the ROM or update any of the apps (which are COMPLETELY outdated). If I have time, I'll consider doing more, but I wanted to at least get the base out there for others to use. So, please do ;).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 11-AUGUST-2012 - Version 2.3 released! Mostly bugfixes. See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 29-JULY-2012 - Version 2.2 released! See Changelog and download links in Post #2!

UPDATE 27-JULY-2012 - Version 2.1 released! Only change from 2.01 is the addition of the percentage battery mod, as pictured here.

UPDATE 26-JULY-2012 - Version 2 released! Big Change Log can be found in Post #2. I will probably be doing another quick, minor update, because I forgot to update Busybox to the latest version. Expect that in a few minutes.
    UPDATE #2: DONE! Link in Post #2 updated to reflect latest version (2.01). If you already downloaded v2, you should still be fine.

UPDATE 23-JULY-2012 - Due to several requests, I have created a "more" stock version of ROM, with only the following modifications:

Rooted
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned APKs
    Wireless N enabled
    Odexed & Deodexed Versions

Download Links in Post #2.

UPDATE 30-MAY-2012 - Just extracted the Kernel from this OTA update. Links to Stock & Wireless N modded versions can be found in Post #2.

Original Post:

I downloaded and posted the OTA here, so I figured I'd try my hand at putting together a stock rooted version of it (since the initial unrooted version was giving my device problems).

So, this is my first thread here in EVO 4G Development (so go easy on me!!), and while it's not really development per se (it's not like I built any of this stuff), it is a ROM, and this is apparently where ROMs go :rolleyes:.

So, on to the goods:

Stock ROM (odex)
    Software Version: 5.07.651.1
    Busybox included
    Zipaligned
    a2sd enabled (if SD card is partitioned)
    Wireless N enabled
    Moved most Bloat & Play Store apps to /data for easy uninstallation (except Quick Search)
    Updated all Play Store apps to latest versions
    Removed Sprint NFL (no longer available from Sprint)
    Talk updated to version with working Video Chat
    Native Screenshot added in

Everything else is stock!

Download links in Post #2.

UPDATE 5/26/2012 - Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

UPDATE 5/25/2012 - Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!

Other Changes:
    Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

dsixda (for Android Kitchen)
    Stericson (for Busybox app)
    aamikam
    tommytomatoe
    ca1ne
    Rydah805 (for GTalk w/Video)

Some Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    Bug Report

None as of 8/11/2012 build (v2.3)

Change Log

5/17/2013 - New Base
    • Uploaded Deodexed version of latest base (5.07.651.6) and mirrors

2/18/2013 - New Base
    • Base updated to 5.07.651.6 from latest OTA

8/11/2012 - Version 2.3
    • build.prop updated to reflect Wireless b/g/n (thanks to MACHETE! for pointing this out)
    • Extended Quick Settings updated to fix "Preparing SD Card" toast message (thanks to ca1ne, and MACHETE! for pointing out)
    • Fixed DT a2sd issue where A2SD GUI wasn't working properly (thanks to MACHETE! for ponting this out too)
    • DEODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default and move Dalvik-Cache to SD by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)
    • ODEXED ONLY - Added Zipalign APKs on boot by default (can be changed in Terminal or w/A2SD GUI)

7/29/2012 - Version 2.2
    • Extended Quick Settings added! (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Circle Battery Mod now default!
    • Sprint VVM updated to latest version
    • Play Store updated to latest version (downloading over 4G now works again)
    • HTC Mobile Guide moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Sprint Installer moved back to /system (Sprint apps should now update without errors)

7/27/2012 - Version 2.1
    • Percent Battery Mod added

7/26/2012 - Version 2.01
    • Busybox updated to 1.20.2

7/26/2012 - Version 2
    • Now Odexed AND Deodexed versions available!
    • Teeter moved to /data (is now uninstallable)
    • Play Store updated to version 3.7.13
    • All /data apps updated to latest Play Store versions
    • Removed Apple-patent "App Associations" and restored previous link-clicking ability (thanks to steal25 from the LTE forums for this)
    • Added Advanced Power Menu (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Hacked Hotspot (thanks to ca1ne)
    • Added Quick Settings (thanks to ca1ne) - version without Recent Apps included, as I find it redundant with long-press Home.
    • EPST downgraded to 2.1 version that allows PRL to be updated (using ##775# + your device's MSL code)
    • Superuser updated to version 3.1.3

7/23/2012 - "More" stock versions
    • Initial Release (don't expect any updates to these)

5/26/2012
    • Sprint TV Widget removed (new app includes widget)

5/25/2012
    • Wi-Fi & 4G connect issue fixed!
    • Updated Busybox to latest version (1.20.0)
    • a2sd updated to latest version (phone will reboot twice after initial flash)

5/24/2012
    • Initial Release

FAQ

Q: What is the Android version of this ROM?
    A: 2.3.5, same as the previous OTA.

Q: Was an updated radio included with this OTA?
    A: No - no firmware updates were included.

Q: Is the old EPST that allows PRL updates included?
    A: No it isn't. I considered adding it, but decided to keep all the apps up-to-date.
    UPDATE: As of v2, downgraded EPST is included!

Download Links

Current Release
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Odex | Mirror
    5.07.651.6 Stock Rooted - Deodexed | Mirror

Previous Releases
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.3 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.2 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Deodexed | Mirror
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.1 - Odexed | Mirror

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted (Throwback-style) - Version 2.01 - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Rooted - Version 1 (Odexed Only)

"More" Stock Versions
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Deodexed
    5.07.651.1 MORE Stock Rooted - Odexed

5.07.651.1 Stock Kernel

Mods (Version 2.x ONLY)

Stock Percentage Battery Mod (Deodexed Only)
    Circle Battery Mod | ODEXED | DEODEXED
    Updated Sprint VVM (version T.5.3.0.32) - Installable on all versions

UPDATE:

So, I re-did everything. I had a working OTA (both WiFi and 4G connected fine), and dumped the ROM from the device. I can only assume something is happening during the dumping process, as I still cannot get WiFi and 4G to connect, after rebuilding it from the dump.

I'm trying one last time right now to get everything working, but I'm not very optimistic at this point :rolleyes:.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help out if this last attempt fails.

EDIT: Just as I suspected, this last attempt has also failed. Maybe NinjaWolf can get us a working version. Otherwise, once the RUU leaks, it should be really easy to do. I'll do it then, unless someone beats me to it.

EDIT 2: FIXED IT!!!! The updater-script was missing some symlinks. It seems the newest version of Android Kitchen neglected to put some stuff in there :confused:. At any rate, I used one from a working ROM, and now Wi-Fi and 4G connect! Proof below:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Uploading fixed version immediately! :D
    New versions are up! Get the quick scoop in the OP, and full change log in Post #2, along with the Download links.

Enjoy! :D

P.S. I did a complete re-org of the first two posts. Hopefully it'll be a little more organized now.

P.P.S. Updated download links (v2.01) now live. Busybox in ROM now updated to 1.20.2.
    hey, nice work. Ive been working on a personal rom for myself using this as a base, but after a few more tweaks Im thinking of posting it up here. Is it find to use your rom as a base? Ill post a link to here.
    It's absolutely fine to use this as a base - that's why I put it together and posted it here ;).

I only ask/hope that you would offer credit for the base in your thread. Besides that, please, share! That's what the community here is all about! :)