[HOW TO] Root, Unroot, Free Hotspot, and More

Search This thread

qbking77

Dec 2, 2010
Chicago

mengy007

Jan 22, 2010
Thank you for this. Your tutorials are always the easiest to follow. I'm glad you're a fellow HTC One user.

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Thanks for this. Was hoping for a non-root tethering option that actually worked. I've rooted my past 3 phones, but trying to live without it... as long as I can handle it :)

Actually, I don't see any need to root and rom with Sense 5, I personally like it and it's stable for me. I'm only missing some seldomly used root apps. Tethering is the only reason I have right now to actually break and root. Just trying to not do that this time around.

mang0

Jan 12, 2012
San Diego
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6
Thanks for this. Was hoping for a non-root tethering option that actually worked. I've rooted my past 3 phones, but trying to live without it... as long as I can handle it :)

Actually, I don't see any need to root and rom with Sense 5, I personally like it and it's stable for me. I'm only missing some seldomly used root apps. Tethering is the only reason I have right now to actually break and root. Just trying to not do that this time around.

Bloatware is always nice to remove. :p

Drizzzle01

Nov 12, 2009
Much appreciated! I was able to root and install recovery with these instructions. Have you any more tips or videos on the horizon for us new One owners?

I like how the One beat the S4 on the fresh unboxing benchmark test you conducted on the S4 video.

mistersquires

May 23, 2013
Houston
have you played around with any of the kernels or roms? im getting my sprint one this week and i was just wondering if there were any you recommend. as far as roms go ive been looking at viperRom or Tranquility. i figured i should start with sense-based and see how like it. for kernels im thinking of going with wolfpack. elementalx looks good but it says its not compatible with the sprint version. any thoughts?

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011

My thoughts too. Though I will probably root once HTC stops supporting the device.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Marcm15

Mar 27, 2013
Newburgh
Tim your videos are second to none in my opinion. I have used them to advance my abilities and build my confidence as far as rooting / flashing etc. Thanks and keep up the good work...

mrkool44

Nov 20, 2011
still works?

Hi guys,

I have a sprint HTC one running: HTC Sense 5, Andriod 4.4.2, Software Ver. 4.06.651.9

I was wondering, does the original post still work on getting free hotspot ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts