Need Help Troubleshooting

Search This thread

John.Spence1

Aug 28, 2010
Everywhere
Okay, so here is my issue. I returned to stock, downloaded network update, it rebooted my phone, and did the update. Phone went to reboot again, and was hung up on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. After about an half an hour I pulled the battery, and tried to reboot. Same thing. I rebooted into Download mode and flashed the stock .tar file as described in this thread. The Odin flash goes great and the phone reboots when it is done. Then it just sits on the Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. Never goes past it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? Any help is much appreciated. I have tried to search the forums for an answer, but I could not find anything that matched my issue.
John

Last edited:

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
Okay, so here is my issue. I returned to stock, downloaded network update, it rebooted my phone, and did the update. Phone went to reboot again, and was hung up on the "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. After about an half an hour I pulled the battery, and tried to reboot. Same thing. I rebooted into Download mode and flashed the stock .tar file as described in this thread. The Odin flash goes great and the phone reboots when it is done. Then it just sits on the Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen. Never goes past it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working? Any help is much appreciated. I have tried to search the forums for an answer, but I could not find anything that matched my issue.
John

Need more info.....

Return to which stock ??

Have you seen this?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

John.Spence1

Aug 28, 2010
Everywhere
As of know, any stock would be better then what I have. I would like to return to the stock rom that came with the phone. I believe it is the J2 one. I am going to try that thread that you mentioned, and see if I can get anywhere. If that does not work, I think I might this thread here. Thanks for the reply...

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
As of know, any stock would be better then what I have. I would like to return to the stock rom that came with the phone. I believe it is the J2 one. I am going to try that thread that you mentioned, and see if I can get anywhere. If that does not work, I think I might this thread here. Thanks for the reply...

Sounds good. The first link should do you. The J2 will be the 4.1.1. Following the guide you can OTA to 4.1.2.

Holler if you need help.

EDIT:::: I just did the ODIN to LJ2, booted perfectly. OTA to MH3 4.1.2 worked great.

This step is mandatory !!

There a step that need to be done to get the install to complete successfully for the i317UCAMH3 OTA.

- Download from http://d-h.st/CDK
I317UCUBMK6-TZ-PARAM.zip
- Extract the .zip file to get to I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5
- Put your Note 2 in Download Mode.
Entering download mode is very simple. First you will need to turn off your device. Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button. Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up. Once you’re there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.
Open ODIN and place the I317UCUBMK6-TZ.tar.md5 file in PDA and flash.

Phone will now boot into i317UCAMH3.

Last edited:

John.Spence1

Aug 28, 2010
Everywhere
So I guess the issue was that I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1, and my phone didn't like it. Flashed the prama and tz file. It rebooted and went straight into 4.1.1 with no issues... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I guess the issue was that I went from 4.3 to 4.1.1, and my phone didn't like it. Flashed the prama and tz file. It rebooted and went straight into 4.1.1 with no issues... Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Excellent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app