install cm after rooting

Search This thread

porompom

Jan 30, 2014
Hi, i wanted to ask this to leapinlar in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2062613, but since i can't, i will ask it openly. I've rooted a Nook HD+ 2.2.0 following that guide succesfully. Now I would like to try out cyanogenmod, but just try it out so if possible i would to run a hybrid configuration without changing to much in the internal file structure. My goal is to be able to use the tablet without the high temps i get whenever i look at videos or even use the web browser in the stock os.

So, after following the guide from that thread what would be most simple way to install cyanogenmod? (i mean, without following the other guide which would mean doing a factory reset, getting a 4gb sd card and other stuff)

Thanks

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hi, i wanted to ask this to leapinlar in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2062613, but since i can't, i will ask it openly. I've rooted a Nook HD+ 2.2.0 following that guide succesfully. Now I would like to try out cyanogenmod, but just try it out so if possible i would to run a hybrid configuration without changing to much in the internal file structure. My goal is to be able to use the tablet without the high temps i get whenever i look at videos or even use the web browser in the stock os.

So, after following the guide from that thread what would be most simple way to install cyanogenmod? (i mean, without following the other guide which would mean doing a factory reset, getting a 4gb sd card and other stuff)

Thanks
Try one of bokbokan's SD install versions. Either CM10.1 or CM10.2.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app

porompom

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks leapinlar for your response, yeah that was the guide i was referring to, the "for dummies guide". So this would mean i have to get a 4gb sd card, do a factory reset, install CWM in the internal memory and everything else that is written there? (this would mean overwriting the root i already did?) Or can i just use the CWM sd card that i used for the root and install cyanogen from the zip?

Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Thanks leapinlar for your response, yeah that was the guide i was referring to, the "for dummies guide". So this would mean i have to get a 4gb sd card, do a factory reset, install CWM in the internal memory and everything else that is written there? (this would mean overwriting the root i already did?) Or can i just use the CWM sd card that i used for the root and install cyanogen from the zip?
The 'for dummies guide' is for putting CM on internal memory replacing stock. You said you wanted to leave stock alone and install to an SD. That is why I suggested one of bokbokan's SD ROMs in the dev forum.

But yes, you can use the CWM SD you created to do the root to install a CM ROM to internal memory replacing stock. Just follow the dummies guide after the creation of the CWM SD.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

porompom

Jan 30, 2014
The 'for dummies guide' is for putting CM on internal memory replacing stock. You said you wanted to leave stock alone and install to an SD. That is why I suggested one of bokbokan's SD ROMs in the dev forum.

But yes, you can use the CWM SD you created to do the root to install a CM ROM to internal memory replacing stock. Just follow the dummies guide after the creation of the CWM SD.

hi again, i've been using the hybrid install and now my SD card is full and the OS is slow (i can't see the files that are making it full)... should i expand the partition in the sd card? (it is 127 mb)

porompom

Jan 30, 2014
hi again, so today i had another problem: i had to restart the nook because the cyanogen OS froze and during boot the SD card was never detected... so i turned it off, got the SD card out and the nook did a factory reset on its own with which i lost all my data!

i am wondering if the root was also lost amd what should i do to prevent this from happening?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
hi again, so today i had another problem: i had to restart the nook because the cyanogen OS froze and during boot the SD card was never detected... so i turned it off, got the SD card out and the nook did a factory reset on its own with which i lost all my data!

i am wondering if the root was also lost amd what should i do to prevent this from happening?
Yes, if the device reset, you lost everything, including root if you had it. The way to prevent the device from reseting is to not let it fail to boot 8 times in a row. Turn it off until you get an SD inserted that boots properly.

Last edited: