[FIX][OMNI] Dolby Digital Modded

Search This thread

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
fEYleZ3.gif

Hi XDA! You might have seen the Dolby fix @surdu_petru supplied for Omni ROM which fixes the video lag issue. Although the fix works great, it creates a pesky notification icon and the useless Dolby app will show up in your app drawer.

So what I have done is edit the GlobalDolbyEffect.apk to hide it from the app drawer and make it a background process. I have also changed the DolbyMobileAudioEffectService.apk notification icon to the beats icon, which looks much better. I am still digging in the smali to completely remove the notification.

Screenshot:

ez9aHxP.png

Credits

@worstenbrood - The original fix
@surdu_petru - Omni ROM

Download

You can flash this even if you flashed Surdu's package first.

Dolby Media Fix.zip

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello !

I'm glad to see more developers working for one goal !

I did quite a lot for this device, but even a little help is always welcome, and I even enjoy ...:highfive:

Through this collaboration, community for this device will have much to gain !

Thank you very much :)

Edit :

Yes, you are right, your fix must be installed only after was installed my dolby service fix ( because in my update.zip was properly removed Beats Audio and added missing stuff ) !

Last edited:

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Hello !

I did quite a lot for this device, but even a little help is always welcome, and I even enjoy ...:highfive:

Edit :

Yes, you are right, your fix must be installed only after was installed my dolby service fix ( because in my update.zip was properly removed Beats Audio and added missing stuff ) !
I kept those changes from your zip, only removed the mms.

So yours doesn't have to be flashed first. But it wont be a problem if it was already.

Rainca

Sep 18, 2013
Shanghai
Thanks for your fix .I find that sometimes the status bar would move down ,such as your screenshots .Do u know how to fix it ?Sorry for my English .

Send from my Ascend P6

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
Thanks for your fix .I find that sometimes the status bar would move down ,such as your screenshots .Do u know how to fix it ?Sorry for my English .

Send from my Ascend P6

That's an Omni Rom bug I think, I always had it on every Omni version, so it has nothing to do with Dolby.

Gesendet von meinem P6-U06

EDIT: I can't change the sound profile anymore when I press on the notification nothing happens.

Last edited:

Rainca

Sep 18, 2013
Shanghai
That's an Omni Rom bug I think, I always had it on every Omni version, so it has nothing to do with Dolby.

EDIT: I can't change the sound profile anymore when I press on the notification nothing happens.

I know it is Omni's bug .So I want to know how to fix it .

Send from my Ascend P6

taaeem

Feb 22, 2014
Hamburg
@PulseDroid Any update to completly remove the notification? I tried myself to do that but I don't know much Java and all this Android App stuff so casn you try to fix it or atleast give me hint on how to that? It kinda bothers me.

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Problem is we can't fully decompile Huawei apps since their signature is corrupted. The reason I could remove it's app drawer instance is because the app manifest could be decompiled. I know how to remove the notification on an app, but not how to work around the corrupted signature issue.

If it wasn't for this I would've had a lot more work done for this device.

Last edited:
Reactions: Curcio

Ruuvessi

May 3, 2011
Thank You SO much for this fix! It fixes my all video issues even if It was YouTube ???

Wysłane z mojego P6-U06 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fEYleZ3.gif

Hi XDA! You might have seen the Dolby fix @surdu_petru supplied for Omni ROM which fixes the video lag issue. Although the fix works great, it creates a pesky notification icon and the useless Dolby app will show up in your app drawer.

So what I have done is edit the GlobalDolbyEffect.apk to hide it from the app drawer and make it a background process. I have also changed the DolbyMobileAudioEffectService.apk notification icon to the beats icon, which looks much better. I am still digging in the smali to completely remove the notification.

Screenshot:

ez9aHxP.png

Credits

@worstenbrood - The original fix
    @surdu_petru - Omni ROM

Download

You can flash this even if you flashed Surdu's package first.

Dolby Media Fix.zip

Just in case

I found a solution for the ongoing Dolby notification just install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.NotificationsOff and disable notifications for Dolby service and there you go! It still works in the background so no delay on video playing :good:

I found a solution for the ongoing Dolby notification just install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aboutmycode.NotificationsOff and disable notifications for Dolby service and there you go! It still works in the background so no delay on video playing :good:

I've got another idea as well, will do as soon as I get time.
    Hello !

Edit :