"Google Play services have stopped" FIRE PHONE

Search This thread

Zolao

Apr 23, 2015
I am receiving this pop-up error as well as a couple of other Google errors. I have an Amazon Firephone 64 GB through Straight Talk, and have the Google Play Store on it. I've tried clearing the cache on all of my Google Play apps, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Google play apps. Still get this error whenever Google play is active on my phone. The Google play apps still work, but I can hardly use my phone because the pop ups are so bad. Anyone know how to fix this? This just started a few days ago. Thanks.

Edit: Also, my phone is NOT rooted/jailbroken! I'd like to see if I can fix this problem without doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: fg

eric90066

Apr 23, 2015
Yup. Me too

I have been having the same behavior from my phone as well. It occurred when I let the battery die down so low it shut off. When it was recharged and started, it began exhibiting the "Google Play services have stopped" error. Clearly the reboot was the problem. Also, I can confirm my phone has not received any new updates.

UPDATE: Just noticed this thread: http://xdaforums.com/fire-phone/help/google-play-store-stopped-t3086235 and here: http://xdaforums.com/fire-phone/general/google-play-services-crashing-t3084355

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am receiving this pop-up error as well as a couple of other Google errors. I have an Amazon Firephone 64 GB through Straight Talk, and have the Google Play Store on it. I've tried clearing the cache on all of my Google Play apps, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling all of the Google play apps. Still get this error whenever Google play is active on my phone. The Google play apps still work, but I can hardly use my phone because the pop ups are so bad. Anyone know how to fix this? This just started a few days ago. Thanks.

Edit: Also, my phone is NOT rooted/jailbroken! I'd like to see if I can fix this problem without doing that.