OTG Cable, Broken screen, Nexus 7 2012 edition

Search This thread

117micc

Ok, so as the title says, I have a nexus 7 16gb 2012 model with a broken screen. I purchased a 2$ OTG Cable online and bam it works, plugged in my logitch wireless mouse and a little cursor popped up ;) took me forever to get the key board to pop up but it involved pushing Swype to it and manually setting it up lol... So is totally working, other than the touch screen of course.
I was hoping to eventually fix the touch screen, but the charging port works 100% of the time with the ITG cable, but when it comes to charging it, it can be a pain. I have tried multiple chargers and finally found one that works when I'm nice to it lmao.
So I guess my point is, I want to fix the screen and the charge port at a reasonable cost. I see fellow XDA'ers buying the 32GB 2013 model for 100$ so I don't really want to spend more than 30$ to 50$ :-\ Can anyone help me in my search for parts and tools and I'll be forever grateful and appreciative for your help :cool:

Thanks a bunch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

HasH_BrowN

May 31, 2014
Leesburg
Sorry i cant post links yet....but Go to Amazon
My key words for search were screen ;digitizer. Change keywords up to get different results. I saw one not very long ago, a full replacement for $43.
Also check out some websites that cater to repairs. The one i like is iFixit. c o m, very good tuts. BTW, the nexus is probably the easy to fix out of any i ever pulled apart.
Just dont rush fixing it, take your time. Make sure your connections are nice and secure.
Hope this helps, if so please hit thanks.
Good luck and happy repairing.

delivered to you piping hot and fresh right through quantum physics and Pony Express

Last edited:

117micc

My key words for search were screen ;digitizer. Change keywords up to get different results. I saw one not very long ago, a full replacement for $43.
Also check out some websites that cater to repairs. The one i like is iFixit. c o m, very good tuts. BTW, the nexus is probably the easy to fix out of any i ever pulled apart.
Just dont rush fixing it, take your time. Make sure your connections are nice and secure.

delivered to you piping hot and fresh right through quantum physics and Pony Express

yeah I'll def check that out thank you

Swyped from my Baja Blasted Note 3!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.