NE2 Hotspot Mod

Search This thread

Aquarius169

Oct 3, 2010
Dead Island
Not a rom god like yourself so prebiotic are what

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Prebuilts

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Not a rom god like yourself so prebiotic are what

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Prebuilts

Prebuilt would be the zips floating around. To work for alliance you will need to follow the directions in op and decompile services.jar make the modifications then recompile.

It really is not as hard as you think. There is plenty of info and guides to do this both on windows and linux machines. If you mess it up worst thing is a bunch of fcs or no boot. No fear of bricking your device so give it a try.

Sent from my Torque using XDA Free mobile app

ummkiper

Jun 11, 2009
Denton,TX
Prebuilt would be the zips floating around. To work for alliance you will need to follow the directions in op and decompile services.jar make the modifications then recompile.

It really is not as hard as you think. There is plenty of info and guides to do this both on windows and linux machines. If you mess it up worst thing is a bunch of fcs or no boot. No fear of bricking your device so give it a try.

Sent from my Torque using XDA Free mobile app

I did it.but it didn't work.I changed the thing in the smali and flashed it still said hotspot not supported.

ummkiper

Jun 11, 2009
Denton,TX
If you have the note 3 make sure you turn off the auto update in the update settings and you also have a second option in galaxy tools

You can edit the post to change it to note 2 lol.I can't find an option to turn off updates.I'll dig deeper though

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

You can edit the post to change it to note 2 lol.I can't find an option to turn off updates.I'll dig deeper though
I froze system update with rom toolbox pro and retried, still no dice.I am using alliance rom here
i tried method 1 and 2

i also edited the tethering smali,in classes.dex and flashed it back that didnt work but ill try again since i disabled the update

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

i tried with editing the smali again, didnt work. i guess if i need hotspot ill use wifi tether router as thats the only thing that worked on my old evo lte.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated with Stock Deodex JLMancuso Flashable zip
    Updated with Stock Deodex Flashable zip

Hey all, just thought I'd share the NE2 Native Hotspot Mod

Tested on Community Rom 3.1

change

Code:
    [B]Before:[/B]
    6485:    if-eqz v8, :cond_108

to

Code:
    [B]After:[/B]
    6485:    if-nez v8, :cond_108

in Tethering.smali in services.jar

Glad to finally contribute to the community :)

EDIT:

If using community rom 3.1 then you can use this services.jar I compiled
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18791776/services.jar

And here is a zip file for flashing in recovery. Again, this was only tested with Community Rom 3.1
    Flash at your own risk!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18791776/NE2 Hotspot Mod.zip

Here is the mod that was done for Chaz187's stock deodex ROM

Stock Deodex NE2 Hostpot Mode

Lastly, here is the mod done for "Stock NE2 [ROOTED][DEKNOXED][09-01-2014]" This will be the last one made for NE2.
    Stock NE2 [ROOTED][DEKNOXED][09-01-2014] HOTSPOT MOD

Here's the modified services.jar for JLMancuso's Stock NE2 [ROOTED][DEKNOXED][09-01-2014]
    This is for his ROM which IS deodexed. This WILL NOT work on pure stock odexed ROM. Simply replace the services.jar inside /system/framework and make sure you edit permissions accordingly, then reboot. I actually edited the services.jar and rezipped the rom and flashed it on my phone that way. To each his own.

I did this for my personal use but since arunningpir8 was kind enough to share the smali code I feel I can share as he did.
    Exactly. You do not include the root folder when zipping the rom.

everyone grab some spoons time to feed LOL!!!
    Updated OP with stock deodex flashable zip
    The zip will work on the Community Roms up to 3.2+ since the services.jar is the same so far. Now S5-FEAT and DN3 (if I can ever get it working) use different services.jar so you will have to modify them to make it work.

@arunningpir8
    Giving makes you feel much better doesnt it?