Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber Review

Search This thread

lembowski

Aug 6, 2007
Ordered the Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber skin on Tuesday and it was just delivered today. I ran over to the kiosk here in my local mall and had the guy there install it since I'm all thumbs when it comes to this.

First impressions:

Carbon Fiber feels great and adds pretty much no bulk. The screen protector is great, Ive used Ghost Armor on most of my electronic screens and this one is no different from the others. Ghost Armor is a wet application, but has NO orange peel like other wet application protectors. Being day 1 there is a slight haze, but this typically goes away after a few days.

The battery cover has 1 cutout for the "Samsung" logo. I would assume this would line up perfectly assuming you have the standard battery door. I am using the extended battery and door so the cutout was slightly off. The guy at the kiosk enlarged the cutout so it appeared correct.

On to the pictures:

DSCF5671.jpg

DSCF5672.jpg

DSCF5676.jpg

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5678.jpg

DSCF5679.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5682.jpg

DSCF5683.jpg

DSCF5686.jpg

Last edited:

BrotherG

Aug 12, 2007
That looks pretty sweet, do they sell them directly at the kiosks or do you have to order them ?

lembowski

Aug 6, 2007

LeCore

Mar 8, 2011
looks great.

i loved the look and feel of my ghost armor screen protector that i had on my droid x but it did really funny things when you looked at it with polarized sunglasses on and i finally had to strip it.

Natolx

Sep 1, 2010
Does this make the back of the phone less slippery?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

BoostedSR20

I've never used anything like this on a phone, (always used a case) but I love the idea of the slim fit/no bulk. Also, this looks pretty tough.

Whats it like putting these on? PITA? Not bad?

EDIT: Just ordered one, thanks for review/pics, and also the code. Lets hope its not an epic ordeal to install.

Last edited:

lembowski

Aug 6, 2007
Does this make the back of the phone less slippery?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

I think it does. I had this same carbon on my nexus s and it became better with age.

I've never used anything like this on a phone, (always used a case) but I love the idea of the slim fit/no bulk. Also, this looks pretty tough.

Whats it like putting these on? PITA? Not bad?

EDIT: Just ordered one, thanks for review/pics, and also the code. Lets hope its not an epic ordeal to install.

I didn't install but watching the guy it took him 5 minutes for the whole thing.

pospower

Jun 18, 2010
Does the pouch come with

Saw a white pouch in the photos just wondering if it's included.

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
That white pouch is an extra $5 at the kiosk I went to. They didn't have the galaxy nexus armour yet, there getting it next week.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered the Ghost Armor Carbon Fiber skin on Tuesday and it was just delivered today. I ran over to the kiosk here in my local mall and had the guy there install it since I'm all thumbs when it comes to this.

First impressions:

Carbon Fiber feels great and adds pretty much no bulk. The screen protector is great, Ive used Ghost Armor on most of my electronic screens and this one is no different from the others. Ghost Armor is a wet application, but has NO orange peel like other wet application protectors. Being day 1 there is a slight haze, but this typically goes away after a few days.

The battery cover has 1 cutout for the "Samsung" logo. I would assume this would line up perfectly assuming you have the standard battery door. I am using the extended battery and door so the cutout was slightly off. The guy at the kiosk enlarged the cutout so it appeared correct.

On to the pictures:

DSCF5671.jpg

DSCF5672.jpg

DSCF5676.jpg

DSCF5677.jpg

DSCF5678.jpg

DSCF5679.jpg

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5682.jpg

DSCF5683.jpg

DSCF5686.jpg
    Ok, install wasn't a nightmare, but I'm fairly anal so I'm in no hurry to do this again anytime soon. Thanks to the OP for his pics, I used them as a reference. ;)

Also, glad I read ALL of the instructions. The website and the included cardboard sheet both explain the WET install for the normal ghost armor, but the carbon armor is a DRY install. I did it all dry, no water. (did however use water for the screen film) There is an included printed sheet explaining the dry install for carbon armor.

I like it. Adds just enough grip, but no bulk. Looks bad ass. Wasn't *too* terrible to install. (I'm about 90% happy with my results)

Ive NEVER used a screen protector before, hate em for the way they look and feel. Decided to try this one, since you guys liked it. How long does it take for the water/haze to go away? My screen is almost impossible to look at right now...

Anyway, here are my pics:
    https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/50315473/1/Ghost Armor?h=be4a4f

Thanks again to the OP, or I woulda never thought to try anything like this. :cool:
    pretty sweet! thanks mate for posting! I'll get one as soon as I can!
    current code for 30% off -> PROTECT2012