[Q] No SIM error on stock with root

Search This thread

hardrock121

Nov 15, 2010
I have root, thats it, i get NO SIM in the notifications and have no data. Every now and then I would be able to restart to fix it,but now it seems its working either. ICCID is unknown in About phone. Everything else seems alright.

This is almost a brand new phone, only rooted. Had no new ROM installed on it. I restored it to the very first backup i made after rooting, same issue. I have a pending 4.3 update,which I have not updated yet.

Any idea what's going on ?

hammerchucker

Jan 14, 2014
Roseville
I have root, thats it, i get NO SIM in the notifications and have no data. Every now and then I would be able to restart to fix it,but now it seems its working either. ICCID is unknown in About phone. Everything else seems alright.

This is almost a brand new phone, only rooted. Had no new ROM installed on it. I restored it to the very first backup i made after rooting, same issue. I have a pending 4.3 update,which I have not updated yet.

Any idea what's going on ?

My son was having issues with his HTC One's SIM card. Data was sporadic, no LTE, and he would get no SIM card errors. We took it in to the Sprint repair center in the area and they first tried blowing out the SIM card slot but ended up putting in a new SIM card which fixed the problem.

Hopefully the person who looks at your phone is competent as we had to make a few trips as we were told at one point that we didn't even need a SIM card since we were not going Global - this older guy was wrong. We ended up having this young woman take a look at it and she swapped it out ASAP and we were good. I'm going on a bit but I was somewhat floored that their repair tech gave info that was just wrong. I've had to go back a few other times (for other reasons) and I avoid that dude at all costs (straight to the young woman).

hardrock121

Nov 15, 2010
Unfortuantely, on note 2 the sim card is not even accesible. Its buried/sealed inside, unless sprint techs have a way to access it.I am surprised this is such a low occuring issue, that no one in this forum has this.

ecs87

Nov 17, 2012
My son was having issues with his HTC One's SIM card. Data was sporadic, no LTE, and he would get no SIM card errors. We took it in to the Sprint repair center in the area and they first tried blowing out the SIM card slot but ended up putting in a new SIM card which fixed the problem.

Hopefully the person who looks at your phone is competent as we had to make a few trips as we were told at one point that we didn't even need a SIM card since we were not going Global - this older guy was wrong. We ended up having this young woman take a look at it and she swapped it out ASAP and we were good. I'm going on a bit but I was somewhat floored that their repair tech gave info that was just wrong. I've had to go back a few other times (for other reasons) and I avoid that dude at all costs (straight to the young woman).

The "techs" there are a joke. The only people who can REALLY help are devs who they probably keep locked away in a safe house abroad. There hasn't been a single time when a phone carrier tech was remotely helpful for me.

And the SIM is on the same module as the SD card. IIRC they can swap out this entire module. How will they replicate the same iccid onto the new one? No clue. If they replaced it and your issue was fixed though they did it somehow. Or else your authentications would be all messed up (meid> mdn>min>HDR AN>profile 0 and 1>iccid...probably more I'm forgetting)

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!