Anyone finding they're not using their tablet much?

Search This thread

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013
I have a Nexus 4, Note 10.1-14, and the GPad. I'm finding that I hardly pick up my GPad and have to remind myself to do so. I use my Note for productivity and my N4 mostly for browsing. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Between my two tabs, phone, and laptop; I just feel like I have too many devices and it sucks that I can't just put my laptop away because it does some things android can't. Arhg. First world problems, I know, but does anyone find themselves drowning in devices and neglecting some of them?

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I have a Nexus 4, Note 10.1-14, and the GPad. I'm finding that I hardly pick up my GPad and have to remind myself to do so. I use my Note for productivity and my N4 mostly for browsing. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Between my two tabs, phone, and laptop; I just feel like I have too many devices and it sucks that I can't just put my laptop away because it does some things android can't. Arhg. First world problems, I know, but does anyone find themselves drowning in devices and neglecting some of them?

I sell the ones I do not use. Usually to my friends. I live in Brazil, so usually sell my stuff at the original US price I paid, which is still considerably less than the local price. I am also manic about care, so they know the items are impeccable (no scratches, dings, or defects). Anyhow, I know my uses for Android devices. My LG G2 is the phone/camera/communications device/audio.

My first tablet was a 7-incher. Slow, but loved it, and reading was a joy (I am a reading junkie). Playing and studying chess was cool too. It was also fun to watch videos on trips. Still, I wanted something faster, larger and higher resolution. My next was 8.9 inches (Nook HD+), high res, excellent tablet. It was a bit on the heavy side, and I wanted something slightly more compact, something in between the two. The G Pad is my ideal size.

For productivity, I have my desktop.

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
I use it plenty for gaming and for work. If excel and viewing pdf 's is productivity then that too lol. I don't want to bust out my laptop for customers, the 8 incher works great.

getmealive

Jul 1, 2010
I owned ASUS Eee pad Slider 10.1inch before, but I gave it to my girlfriend. And it was good tablet, but I didn't like it much as I like the LG G Pad 8.3. For playing hardcore games I use my ASUS G750JX gaming laptop. I use the G Pad 8.3 for watching online videos from YouTube. Streaming videos to my TV through DLNA.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

bmxje

Nov 3, 2007
Rotterdam
If you don't use it, why not sell it?

I'm constantly traveling from place to place but still have a lot of stuff and documents that needs to be typed out. So i carry a 13'' Macbook Air everywhere for my work. Then i use my G Pad whenever i'm chilling at night, consuming media and playing some games, and have a Galaxy S4 next to that to make calls and keep in touch with family and friends.

A Macbook Air, G Pad 8.3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are a perfect combination for me!

Stujoe

Dec 4, 2013
I use my LG 8.3 daily and a lot. I use my computer much less and don't use the laptop or netbook at all.

I use the LG for most of what I do on the internet. Casual gaming, reading, forums, news, sports, shopping, searching, email, etc.

I typically go to the computer for banking or to use MS Office.

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
If you don't use it, why not sell it?

I'm constantly traveling from place to place but still have a lot of stuff and documents that needs to be typed out. So i carry a 13'' Macbook Air everywhere for my work. Then i use my G Pad whenever i'm chilling at night, consuming media and playing some games, and have a Galaxy S4 next to that to make calls and keep in touch with family and friends.

A Macbook Air, G Pad 8.3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are a perfect combination for me!

Yup thats similar to what i have. Although now i have the m8. I had the nexus 10 and sold it due to me not using it as much. Also had a note 8 but didnt like the plastic build. This tab is perfect now that it got the update. The sound was horrible.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

slowdyve

Apr 1, 2012
Porto
Im my case it's the opposite. I use it so much that my Moto G is only used for calls/messages. Nowadays i can't spent more than 10 minutes browsing on a 4.5"/5.0" screen. It's so bad compared to my LG G Pad... :eek:

Ajsh

Jun 18, 2012
Lund
I just bought a LG G2 and that has made me use the G Pad less. But the are still things that I rather do on the G pad, like browsing (better overview of the webpages), banking, watching videos of different kinds, taking notes with external keyboard in class, reading books and listening to some music (Spotify free is only for tablets). I don't have a laptop so the tablet is used for whatever a laptop is used for, and my stationary PC is turned on way less than before.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
I all depends on what you use each device for, and if it has a niche for that use. I have three tablets at home:

The G-pad is the daily use one as I use it for work, commute entertainment, and reading smaller page size comics (manga) and books. The size and portability is perfect for this, and I expect future daily driver tabs to be in this size range.

The G-Pad replaces my Acer A700, a 10.1 tab which is still used daily as my home browsing device, plus as a media player to my various TVs in my house thanks to the micro HDMI (I have one slimport adapter for the G-Pad as well, but several micro HDMI cables, so the A700 is used more frequently). I also still use it to read larger page size publications (i.e. American comics, magazines). The A700 is too big to tote around comfortably to work, though it was invaluable on our vacation days to entertain everyone. Haven't brought the laptop with us on vacation since we got the A700 or its predecessor the TF101.

Finally, I have a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, which used to be my commute entertainment device. Nowadays though my four year-old mostly uses it to watch My Little Pony and so on while on the road. I also use it to listen to music while working around the house, as it'll slip into my pocket easiest of all.

All three devices complement my work-provided iPhone 5, which I use for phone and email, and browsing when I don't have a wifi connection. As it's a work device I can't jailbreak it to make it more functional, and I can't stand browsing on it unless I absolutely have to. I would just as happily use it exclusively as a hotspot if the damn battery would last longer.

So in my view, if you have specific uses for each device you have, then they will continue to be used. If not, then selling it would be an option for you.

Mark

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
All three devices complement my work-provided iPhone 5, which I use for phone and email, and browsing when I don't have a wifi connection. As it's a work device I can't jailbreak it to make it more functional, and I can't stand browsing on it unless I absolutely have to. I would just as happily use it exclusively as a hotspot if the damn battery would last longer.

I had that problem until I changed to the LG G2. That phone has great battery life, even more with the KK upgrade, and I no longer even charge every day.

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
I had that problem until I changed to the LG G2. That phone has great battery life, even more with the KK upgrade, and I no longer even charge every day.

I envy you, sir. My company has unfortunately gone Apple for their mobile needs and I have no choice but to use an iPhone. Trust me, if I had a choice I wouldn't be using it, as I gaze longingly at my wife's Galaxy Note! At least I got dispensation to get a G-Pad instead of an iPad - I regularly show up my fellow employees with how much cooler and more functional mine is. :)

Mark

Reactions: Ajsh

Subtleone

Jul 10, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I envy you, sir. My company has unfortunately gone Apple for their mobile needs and I have no choice but to use an iPhone. Trust me, if I had a choice I wouldn't be using it, as I gaze longingly at my wife's Galaxy Note! At least I got dispensation to get a G-Pad instead of an iPad - I regularly show up my fellow employees with how much cooler and more functional mine is. :)

Mark

I hear you. I am a chess player, and thus regularly use chess files, moving them to and fro between desktop and G Pad. A colleague asked me to help him set up his iPad Mini 2, and despite having little experience with it, I expected few problems. Until I found out that transferring files or using a file manager were impossibilities and required workarounds, when possible. Just ridiculous.

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
I hear you. I am a chess player, and thus regularly use chess files, moving them to and fro between desktop and G Pad. A colleague asked me to help him set up his iPad Mini 2, and despite having little experience with it, I expected few problems. Until I found out that transferring files or using a file manager were impossibilities and required workarounds, when possible. Just ridiculous.

That's the same experience I have with the iPads. My wife has an iPad mini and I find that it can't do a lot of things that I take for granted with my G Pad and other Android devices. Apple assumes that its customers are idiots and refuses to let them use their i-devices like a real computing device. I appreciate the ability to play many different media files on an Android and being able to transfer files. Every app on the i-thing is in a sandbox and can't use files owned by another app.

getmealive

Jul 1, 2010
That's the same experience I have with the iPads. My wife has an iPad mini and I find that it can't do a lot of things that I take for granted with my G Pad and other Android devices. Apple assumes that its customers are idiots and refuses to let them use their i-devices like a real computing device. I appreciate the ability to play many different media files on an Android and being able to transfer files. Every app on the i-thing is in a sandbox and can't use files owned by another app.

You're right. Apple sees us as idiots..lol...I can't do many cool things on my iPad 3 like I do on my new G Pad 8.3 tablet. Now I left my iPad 3 after I got my beautiful android tablet, the G Pad 8.3. Thanks Google, Thanks LG.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mark