[Q] Remote: not allowed when trying to flash TWRP/CWM

Search This thread

redmanjoey

Apr 12, 2014
Hoboken
My bootloader is unlocked already, I deleted HTC Sync, debugging on, usb is in disk mode, etc. but for the life of me I can't get any recoveries to flash. I get the "Remote: not allowed" and if I try again it just gets stuck on sending recovery. It shows up as a fastboot device in cmd. Any suggestions?

SwaggaSnatcha

Aug 27, 2010
peoria,il
Try the tool kit in development.
My bootloader is unlocked already, I deleted HTC Sync, debugging on, usb is in disk mode, etc. but for the life of me I can't get any recoveries to flash. I get the "Remote: not allowed" and if I try again it just gets stuck on sending recovery. It shows up as a fastboot device in cmd. Any suggestions?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Are you in bootloader/fastbootusb? :)

Reactions: frank10367

joshuaw84

Sep 30, 2010
Yes, I am in fastbootusb. The same thing happens on the toolkit. I doubt it is any kind of hardware defect, but the device is recognized in fastboot which is why I am SUPER confused. This is the first time I have ever run into an issue with fastboot.

I initially had a bad download and had issues with both ways to flash. Redownloaded and it worked.

Also, with the tool I've had issues with usb switching from storage to media which affected even using adb to push files. Make sure that's not an issue with the push method.

Sent from M8 on XDA Premium APP

redmanjoey

Apr 12, 2014
Hoboken
I initially had a bad download and had issues with both ways to flash. Redownloaded and it worked.

Also, with the tool I've had issues with usb switching from storage to media which affected even using adb to push files. Make sure that's not an issue with the push method.

Are you implying the fastboot download was bad or the recovery? I tried three different recoveries now and none worked. I also tried using hassoon2000s method and just get an error saying device not found.

joshuaw84

Sep 30, 2010
Are you implying the fastboot download was bad or the recovery? I tried three different recoveries now and none worked. I also tried using hassoon2000s method and just get an error saying device not found.

Just giving you my experience where there were a couple issues that made it seem like I was stuck. Take it or leave it I guess.

redmanjoey

Apr 12, 2014
Hoboken
Just giving you my experience where there were a couple issues that made it seem like I was stuck. Take it or leave it I guess.

Sorry if I sounded mean or anything I was literally just asking which one you meant lol. I now realize "are you implying" does sound kinda snarky. Anyway, it must have been something with my computer because I did it on another computer and got it to work.

So the thread doesn't go to waste, if anyone is having issues try on another computer.

Reactions: joshuaw84

redmanjoey

Apr 12, 2014
Hoboken
Okay, now trying to flash the stock recovery to get the phone exchanged for radio issues, I am running into the same problem. I tried both computers now. Hopefully I figure it out soon, had to activate an old blackberry for the time being.

"sending 'recovery' (16472 KB)...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 0.007s"

{ParanoiA}

Apr 20, 2011
Ocean View, NJ
I have had the same problem before on a different phone. All you need to do is put it on the sd card and use the boot loader method. The phone will automatically find it and flash it. Then just remove sd card and delete file so it doesn't keep prompting to flash it every time you reboot.

redmanjoey

Apr 12, 2014
Hoboken
I have had the same problem before on a different phone. All you need to do is put it on the sd card and use the boot loader method. The phone will automatically find it and flash it. Then just remove sd card and delete file so it doesn't keep prompting to flash it every time you reboot.

To flash a recovery? Just rename the recovery as a radio file?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you in bootloader/fastbootusb? :)

Sorry if I sounded mean or anything I was literally just asking which one you meant lol. I now realize "are you implying" does sound kinda snarky. Anyway, it must have been something with my computer because I did it on another computer and got it to work.

So the thread doesn't go to waste, if anyone is having issues try on another computer.