No Simultaneous Voice & Data on Sprint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iceddown

Jul 17, 2008
Coming from a Galaxy S4 on Sprint I mistakenly assumed that the GS5 would be an upgrade in every fashion, boy was I wrong! The GS5 is not able to use voice and data simultaneously! Why would a company release a phone that is an "upgrade" that eliminates a core function? Too bad I already sold my S4. Thinking about switching carriers before my return period is up due to this nonsense.

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Coming from a Galaxy S4 on Sprint I mistakenly assumed that the GS5 would be an upgrade in every fashion, boy was I wrong! The GS5 is not able to use voice and data simultaneously! Why would a company release a phone that is an "upgrade" that eliminates a core function? Too bad I already sold my S4. Thinking about switching carriers before my return period is up due to this nonsense.

Unfortunately that is true, it only has one chipset for voice and data, but that does not mean that it can not multitask, at the moment Sprint has chosen not to implement SVLTE (like other carriers have). Hints are coming out that point to a summer implementation of it. (hopefully)

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
I also hear wifi calling will be enabled soon (summer). That's another alternative for talking and using data simultaneously. If you're within 14 days take it back if you don't like it and go with another carrier.

eyecon82

May 30, 2010

with the s4, you can only do it over LTE

with the s3, you could do it over LTE and 3g..

it seems like a step down every generation...

Status
Not open for further replies.