[ROM] CM7 Barebones 03-29-2012 - Custom TWRP/CWM backup

Search This thread

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
What would be different if you didn't restore the second data part? I've seen people say the tweaks won't be there but what tweaks? Isn't the build prop part of /system? I like this ROM a lot but am just curious.

chrootz

Apr 9, 2011
@Takenover83, I wanted tell you about your Bare CM7 and This is unbelievable. I happened leave my Kindle fire sitting for like 3 weeks without charge battery.

I checked my kindle fire's battery stats and I stunned the battery stats still almost full *actually about 90% full*. FREAKING AWESOME!

I tested few another OS such CM9, AOKP and etc. They ran out battery no time within 1-half week.

Can you do the bare CM9 based please! :D

Attachments

• screenshot-1338409580080.jpg
    screenshot-1338409580080.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 306

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
@Takenover83, I wanted tell you about your Bare CM7 and This is unbelievable. I happened leave my Kindle fire sitting for like 3 weeks without charge battery.

I checked my kindle fire's battery stats and I stunned the battery stats still almost full *actually about 90% full*. FREAKING AWESOME!

I tested few another OS such CM9, AOKP and etc. They ran out battery no time within 1-half week.

Can you do the bare CM9 based please! :D

Mine lasted about a month was at 80 something but this really all depends on your settings and governors. But I'm also hoping for a bare cm9

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

AustinFire

Feb 2, 2012
Pensacola
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mine lasted about a month was at 80 something but this really all depends on your settings and governors. But I'm also hoping for a bare cm9

+1 on bare cm9. The settings are completely stock no governor at all. :D

Simple CM9, based off of bare bones CM7:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689000

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
Has anybody else had issues with this ROM just freezing on you in the middle of doing something? Seems like this tends to happen if I don't reboot the Kindle for a few days...I'll either be browsing on Dolphin Browser, or using Pulse, and all of a sudden it'll just completely freeze over and not accept any input. Requires a hard shut down to get back up and running.

collinsac24

Feb 14, 2012
Has anybody else had issues with this ROM just freezing on you in the middle of doing something? Seems like this tends to happen if I don't reboot the Kindle for a few days...I'll either be browsing on Dolphin Browser, or using Pulse, and all of a sudden it'll just completely freeze over and not accept any input. Requires a hard shut down to get back up and running.

I don't seem to remember ever have that happening to me, but I've been on ics for a while now, still wishing takenover would come back and make an ics rom

sacksyboy

Jan 24, 2011
Figured it out...should have searched for 5 more minutes.
Deleted original question.

Last edited:

bferguson

Sep 26, 2007
Tennessee
herorants.blogspot.com
revert to this CM7

I want to go from a Jelly Bean CM10 install back to this, but I'm not sure about bootloader and all that jaz. Can I perform this process safely? I started with this as my first rom and now I want to come back.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Will add it to a service and send it to you : )
im on otterx too : )

here is the file
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/66433856/file.html
That is not a link to "latest build"
check md5
Download Link 02-09-2012 (old version) UPDATED 3:40PM EST 56MB: MD5 0AC03735F0DAF54274C729D75BA82B0C
but doesn't hurt to have a mirror, for the sake of posterity

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

latest in op was
Download Link 03-29-2012 (new version) 60MB: MD5 74D3680A931E744F2F5A23A480E66F8F

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my personal barebones backup of CM7 that was compiled on 03-25-2012 via the IngCr3at1on/whistlestop/loosethisskin" repo's. Many things have been removed and tweaked.
    No personal information is on it. I have restored it to my two Kindle Fire's without issue via TWRP/CWM. Bare and ready for anyone's use.

• ICS Themed
    • Custom boot animation
    • Kindle Fire Stock Keyboard
    • intersectRaven kernel OC 1.2Ghz (version 20120207_1949)
    • Modified build prop for more market apps
    • Ad's blocked via host
    • SuperCharged!
    • Gallery3D replaced with QuickPic (much faster)
    • Button Savior to replace "Home, Menu, Back" buttons anywhere.
    • Volume Control to quickly adjust volume anywhere.
    • Gapps included
    • Setup to look like a tablet (not a big phone)

More screen's attached below!
    screenshot1328086618309.png

Apk's removed (likely a few more not listed here that I forget to list below)
    Need something here? Check the Extra Section:

Code:
    Androidian.apk 
    AndroidTerm.apk 
    Bluetooth.apk 
    Browser.apk (install one of your choosing)
    Camera.apk 
    CarHomeGoogle.apk 
    CMStats.apk 
    CMUpdateNotify.apk 
    CMWallpapers.apk 
    Contacts.apk 
    DeskClock.apk 
    Development.apk
    DownloadProviderUi.apk 
    DSPManager.apk 
    Email.apk 
    FileManager.apk 
    Gallery3D.apk (replaced with QuickPic)
    GenieWidget.apk
    HTMLViewer.apk 
    LatinImeTutorial.apk
    LiveWallpapers.apk 
    MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk 
    Mms.apk 
    Music.apk 
    Pacman.apk 
    Phone.apk 
    Protips.apk 
    RomManager.apk 
    SetupWizard.apk
    SoundRecorder.apk 
    Talk.apk 
    TelephonyProvider.apk 
    VisualizationWallpapers.apk 
    VoiceDialer.apk
    GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (one search installed should be enough)
    FOTAKill.apk
    OneTimeInitializer.apk
    Provision.apk
    Cyanbread.apk

Other stuff removed:
    • Most ringtone, sounds/notifications (need them? Look at the extra section)
    • All languages beside's English (need another language? Look at the extra section)

Install instructions:

I urge you to make your own backup before restoring this one!

1. Extract the contents of the download to the root of your sd card. (You will need 7-zip)
    2. Boot into recovery. (Hold power button until it turns orange when you first power on your Kindle Fire)
    3. To prevent problem's "Factory Reset", wipe "cache", "dalvik cache", and "system".
    4. Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip" like you would any other rom, but do not reboot afterwords. Go back to the Main Menu instead.
    5. In TWRP, Click Restore, and choose "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES". Make sure "Data" is checked and select "Restore Now". If using CWM, click backup and restore>advanced restore>CM7_Barebones_Step2>Restore Data
    6. Reboot and enjoy.

Updating from a old barebones version:
    I always recommend a clean install. But you can try without wiping.
    Just Flash "Step_1_CM7BAREBONES.zip". No need to do "STEP_2_CM7BAREBONES" (nothing changed). System should be wiped and the new files copied over. If you have problem's, wipe everything and do a clean install.

Tip's on usage:
    • Swipe up on the homescreen to open notifications.
    • Swipe down on the homescreen to hide/show the statusbar.
    • Button Savior is at the left/middle. (can be changed). Useful when you need to exit a fullscreen app or the statusbar is hidden.
    • Volume Control is at the top/center. (can be changed). Slide finger along the bar to adjust the volume.
    • Home button on the statusbar is mapped to open the app drawer.
    • Note: Install a web browser of your choosing.

Changes:
    Android Market error -101 and Google problem fixed.
    Supercharger and ad-block got left out on the last release. Fixed.
    02-08-2012 - Removed all languages besides English. (Need another language? check extra section)
    02-08-2012 - Removed alot of ringtones/sounds (Need a sound? Check extra section)
    02-08-2012 - Updated build.prop to show correct build (2.3.7)
    02-08-2012 - Using Ravens newest kernel for improved performance/battery life
    02-09-2012 - Removed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, FOTAKill.apk, OneTimeInitializer.apk, Provision.apk, and Cyanbread.apk
    02-09-2012 - New build Based on the latest commits from 02-08-2012
    02-09-2012 - added back ContactsProvider.apk that was accidently removed, fixing the Gapps FC errors.
    03-12-2012 - now based off of the "loosethisskin repo".
    03-12-2012 - CWM support added! Finally! Flash with whatever recovery you prefer.
    03-29-2012 - Based off 03/25/2012 build
    03-29-2012 - Now using ravens 20120223_1513 kernel

Download: Be sure to click thanks! MediaFire links (why does anyone use anything else?):
    Download Link 03-29-2012 (new version) 60MB: MD5 74D3680A931E744F2F5A23A480E66F8F
    Download Link 03-12-2012 (old version) 60MB: MD5 652BE93CC8BF22353678CE2BE10B56E6
    Download Link 02-09-2012 (old version) UPDATED 3:40PMEST 56MB: MD5 0AC03735F0DAF54274C729D75BA82B0C
    Download Link 02-08-2012 (old version) 59MB: MD5 14DA657EDB8B572F34700A1AE323A86F
    Download Link 02-01-2012 (old version) 68MB: MD5 1109E5DE0EB2CD56BD640DD37A852F29

Extra:
    Most stuff removed.7zip (updated 03-29-2012)
    Most stuff removed.z7 (updated 03-12-2012)
    Most stuff removed.7z (updated 02-09-2012)
    cm7stock-kernel.zip (updated 02-09-2012)

People I want to thank:
    Everyone. Seriously. This forum is awesome.
    Don't forget to hit the Thanks button, rate the thread, etc... if you enjoyed this release. Thank you.
    Its Skimp
    Learn to read.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

He was being nice and was merely suggesting not hijacking another persons thread to promote your own work. No need to lash out.
    New version up. Removed some more un needed things. Check the change-log for specifics. Based on newest commits as of 02-08-2012. Once again, nothing changed in "Step Two". I am trying not to modify "Step Two" often, as I know it would be reason enough for people to wipe completely.

Upgrade instructions are pretty simple. Just flash "Step One" lol. It will wipe "system" for you. Of-course if you have problem's, then restore the backup you made or start fresh (clean wipe) :) (you did make a backup right ;p

I spent alot of time creating some batch files to speed the process up on my end. Also makes backing up what I removed alot easier (just in-case someone need's something I removed)
    Reserved:

Note: If you downloaded within the last 30-min of this post, you might want to download again.
    Note #2: Hold off on downloading. Market is FC'ing. Fixed, tiding up and re-uploading.
    did you update SuperCharged to latest version?
    I did not. Might come in the next version. The current Supercharge seem's just fine to me. I doubt the tweaks for our device would change any, anyhow. Looking at the Supercharger changlog. It just look's to kill a couple bugs (in the install script) and fix some of the user prompt's. Which would not effect anyone using this rom. But none the less. I will try to get it in the next version.
    I went about it by just doing a backup of my System, Data, and boot files in TWRP, did a complete wipe, (Factory reset, System wipe, Cache & D-cache wipe) flashed this updated ROM over with new kernel, then restored my backup file, Data Box checked only, and was back to my good ole setup once again (All apps, wallpapers, etc). And now I have the updated ROM running, Smooth and Easy.
    Like a BOSS :D
    But if I ever change anything to STEP TWO, I could foresee problems.