[REF] [11/20/13] All In One Note 2 Android Development Thread (Roms, Guides, etc.)

Search This thread

bobloiy

Jan 17, 2011
For all you naysayers - I say give the guy a chance!

When I started my Kernel Repo back on the E4GT there were a lot of people complaining that I would be just like every other newbie coming in and trying to make his mark in the Dev threads. Yes, eight months ago I was considered a newbie with a total of maybe 90 thanks, barely even a Senior Member. Not to toot my own horn but look at where my thanks meter is now... And I've seen others have the same success as I have!

I'm proof it can be done! So rather than tearing him down before he gets started lets give him the chance to prove himself first! :highfive:

Keep up the great work Bobloiy!

PS - If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. :)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Reactions: rwilco12

smarkum

Dec 7, 2008
Re: [REF] [2/9/13] All In One Note 2 Android Development Thread (Roms, Guides, etc.)

Thanks for this list. I am finding it VERY helpful :)

Sent from my Macified Note 2

bobloiy

Jan 17, 2011
Re: [REF] [2/14/13] All In One Note 2 Android Development Thread (Roms, Guides, etc.)

Updated again with ma7 odex/deodex t3cproject thrread.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

modmandan

May 6, 2010
Puyallup, Wa.
I like this and hope you keep this updated you will soon have another rom to put in the ma5 section wink wink. And as far as the haters dont worry you cant and wont make everyone happy trust me. :good:

While I am skeptical about this thread staying updated, really, who has that kind of time!! :eek:

I feel it's needed for those who find it confusing navigating all these threads. And as more and more roms, kernals, modems and such get updated and/or added, it'll be even more so.

Reactions: datdirtyscrew

flamebeats

Aug 1, 2010
Los A
Re: [REF] [2/14/13] All In One Note 2 Android Development Thread (Roms, Guides, etc.)

While I am skeptical about this thread staying updated, really, who has that kind of time!! :eek:

I feel it's needed for those who find it confusing navigating all these threads. And as more and more roms, kernals, modems and such get updated and/or added, it'll be even more so.

Shut up and have a beer :beer::eek:

elijahbrown

Aug 25, 2012

would like to add that this thread has helped me in my two days ive been with the note 2. and like rwilco said, give ppl a chance to prove themselves. i found a lot of needed files right away and i didnt have to wade through the whole forum. seems very up to date so far, so thanks OP. :good:

Just got the note 2 today. Crazy how many familiar faces from the e4gt forums.

I think this is a great overview for people just getting here, keep it up, bud.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6

Updated with MA7 roms.

You really are on the ball! I was coming over to tell you I updated Lab Rats but you are the man!

Just got the note 2 today. Crazy how many familiar faces from the e4gt forums.

I think this is a great overview for people just getting here, keep it up, bud.

If you ever ran the goodness and enjoyed it, then you should check out Lab Rats!

elijahbrown

Aug 25, 2012

You really are on the ball! I was coming over to tell you I updated Lab Rats but you are the man!

If you ever ran the goodness and enjoyed it, then you should check out Lab Rats!

I mostly ran my own personal roms, but I will be checking out some here until I get the ins and outs of this beast. (I'll have to try lab rats for sure, I think all the shameless self promotion on the e4gt forums worked on me :p )

Haven't even had a chance to root yet, grougot a 3 year old with the flu and getting ready for the new one coming Monday morning at 7am. (Induced labor)

Reactions: fryingpan0613

fryingpan0613

Jul 18, 2010
Central Florida
Google Pixel 6

I mostly ran my own personal roms, but I will be checking out some here until I get the ins and outs of this beast. (I'll have to try lab rats for sure, I think all the shameless self promotion on the e4gt forums worked on me :p )

Haven't even had a chance to root yet, grougot a 3 year old with the flu and getting ready for the new one coming Monday morning at 7am. (Induced labor)

Congrats! And we get members from there all the time so we make sure they know where to come :thumbup:

Reactions: elijahbrown

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010

Things like this should really be wikis so everyone isn't relying on the op for the rest of time.

When I wanted to do something similar for a bounty thread for breaking the ltevo secure boot, I did it by creating a googl doc spreadsheet (because in that case we were trying to keep track of pledges), made it public, and then anyone that wanted to could update it themselves like a wiki.

That way I got hosting and wiki-like feature for free from google, and most people didn't even have to register a new account to edit since most already had gmail or youtube or g+ or -something- google.

That way the op is still free to invest time doing quality curating all they want, but individual rom producers or users can also keep their own record updated themselves, and the list becomes at least partly self maintaining.

Anyone who might complain about the list going stale is free to update the list. Otherwise, they actually have a completely VALID complaint.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

bobloiy

Jan 17, 2011

Things like this should really be wikis so everyone isn't relying on the op for the rest of time.

When I wanted to do something similar for a bounty thread for breaking the ltevo secure boot, I did it by creating a googl doc spreadsheet (because in that case we were trying to keep track of pledges), made it public, and then anyone that wanted to could update it themselves like a wiki.

That way I got hosting and wiki-like feature for free from google, and most people didn't even have to register a new account to edit since most already had gmail or youtube or g+ or -something- google.

That way the op is still free to invest time doing quality curating all they want, but individual rom producers or users can also keep their own record updated themselves, and the list becomes at least partly self maintaining.

Anyone who might complain about the list going stale is free to update the list. Otherwise, they actually have a completely VALID complaint.

I don't think that a lot of people would look at it if I did that though.

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator

And you are 100% right but the sad reality is you have three types of people on XDA. Developers, users and contributors.

Developers are way too busy putting out quality work that they don't have time to update a wiki.

Users are here solely to get something and very rarely produce anything especially a wiki.

Then you have contributors which often have the time and ability to put something together but may but know how to do a wiki or choose to do a thread instead.

The problem with a wiki is that you have a group of people saying that it's someone else's responsibility to update it and another group who says the exact same thing. The wiki is an awesome concept but you have to have a group of people who actually have the time and desire to contribute. But rarely does anyone step up to the plate to actually do it. You also don't have a forum to ask questions or give feedback in a wiki whereas in a thread you do.

Here we have someone who has taken the personal responsibility to do what nobody else is.

If he succeeds? Awesome!

If he doesn't? Oh well, no skin off our noses, it was his time he wasted getting it started.

But from what I've seen so far we appear to have a real winner on our hands. :D

Top Liked Posts