My crazy day getting a nexus 5!

Search This thread

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
What?

My father activated his GP Nexus 5 on Sprint no problem, and my brother brought his over to Sprint FROM Tmobile just fine...

Literally 5 minutes in the online chat interface (with a Sprint SIM from the local store)

Seems a rare case or luck. As others haven't had such success. And speculated if possible at all. I know that thread is around here somewhere. Well at least I can now reference one success story.

(HR from iF :p)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I know it can be done! The first n5 I had sold it to somebody wanting it for sprint. They activated it no problem! They called me to let me know afterwards.

It all depends on who you talk to really. They most likely won't add the esn or whatever to sprint. Some will actually do it for you though if you get lucky. It's pretty just like how best buy does price matching. Some will match the play store while others will refuse to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
It just dumb on sprint part for them doing this. If they want customer based to increase then they should have had Google make them a SPRINT model only like the previous nexus phones they sold! Honestly the customers coming to sprint and wanting a nexus 5 are most likely way small for this to be even a issue. So why not just train your employees to know how to activated the phone? Simple

Also Walmart tries to tell people they don't price match but they run commercials all the time saying they price match.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK I know that ALL the nexus 5 sold at T-Mobile, Sprint, best buy, etc are the SAME as Google play store.

I was in Houston to visit family yesterday, and sold my moto g, and moto x(att model) to my family friend and then figured "ya I could order the nexus on Google but since selling the moto's I would just be paying the tax for the 5!"

So I go to best buy, not in stock, then go to T-Mobile store....NEVER again!(only because their like 390 full price!)

First the guy said he couldn't sell me it cause it won't work on anything other than T-Mobile....... So I told him that I know it will work or I wouldn't be asking you to buy it.... Then the store demo I put my Sim in it and BAM! Getting LTE on straight talk att Sim! Then I show him and then he said the demo model works cause it one straight from the Google play store! LMAO WHAT!

So I leave go down the street to another T-Mobile store same story!

Then I finally went to a sprint store...
    The guy was basically acting like I was stupid and he bet me it wouldn't work....so he sell me the phone (399) I put my Sim in the phone and by this time he called everybody else in the store to see if it was going to work! The of course it works, and he was like we'll it probably because it not activated on our network. Then he went on saying I couldn't sell that to anybody on sprint cause the phone will be blacklisted.......OR I said "it could be idk IT'S THE SAME PHONE THAT GOOGLE SELLS ON THE PLAY STORE!" and walk out

So I guess next time people just order from the play store unless your only going to pay tax for a brand new phone lol!

What? Out of all service companies, I can't believe T-Mobile would say that! That's crazy.

They probably don't want to sell their N5' s cause they know they're sold out on Google store and they want customers who buy the N5 to stay in their company. That's why whenever I go to my company (T-Mobile) I end up arguing with them, they seem to not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Google phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app