Noob

Search This thread

Stuj79

May 24, 2014
Norwich
Hi guys,

I have a Galaxy Note 3 that I bought off the internet (I know, but it was a good deal!). Unfortunately I didn't check before hand and the phone is Australian. I would like to get English Android on it so it works properly over here (still running on Jelly Bean as there is no update for Ausie software). What is the best way of doing this and what are the pro's and con's of doing so? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Stu

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat
Hey Stuj79,

Do you have your exact model of your Note 3? You can see this in Settings > General > About device > Model number

Sincerely,

Stuj79

May 24, 2014
Norwich
Ok, just downloaded that app."Original", "Firmware and "Active" CSC codes are XSA, CSC country is Australia and Production code is SM-N9005ZKEXSA. Any help to you?

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Ok, just downloaded that app."Original", "Firmware and "Active" CSC codes are XSA, CSC country is Australia and Production code is SM-N9005ZKEXSA. Any help to you?

Go to 'Firmware Browser' menu to get the latest firmware.

Or you can get firmware from the other regions, e.g. BTU (United Kingdom). Just enter 'BTU' in the CSC textbox and tap 'Go' button.

Reactions: Bibz0r

Bibz0r

Nov 12, 2012
Saint-Donat

Or you can get firmware from the other regions, e.g. BTU (United Kingdom). Just enter 'BTU' in the CSC textbox and tap 'Go' button.

Great tip. Didn't know that such an app existed. Would have been useful last week when I screwed up my CSC. I had to mess with Odin to get it back to normal.

Are you the creator of this app?

Reactions: vndnguyen

Stuj79

May 24, 2014
Norwich
Ok, I have Odin V3.09 open the computer, I am currently downloading the firmware I would like to flash. Just out of curiosity, how much info will I loose from my phone when I start this, i.e. apps, pictures/photo's, messages?

Stuj79

May 24, 2014
Norwich
All done. Was a lot quicker and easier to do than I thought. I know have UK software and not Aussie and have finally upgraded to KitKat. Yipee! Thanks for your help

Reactions: Bibz0r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great tip. Didn't know that such an app existed. Would have been useful last week when I screwed up my CSC. I had to mess with Odin to get it back to normal.

Yes. Glad that you find it useful.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CSC = Consumer Software Customization, also known as: Sales Code, or Region Code

It is very important when you want to flash the stock firmware.

Open 'Phone INFO ★Samsung★' app, you will see the 'CSC INFO' section.

All done. Was a lot quicker and easier to do than I thought. I know have UK software and not Aussie and have finally upgraded to KitKat. Yipee! Thanks for your help