installed ARHD and it doesnt boot. im stuck in HTC logo. please help

Search This thread

grins814

Mar 24, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
i tried to install ARHD in my phone, after installing it, it can't pass the HTC logo and its st98uck. when i tried to flash it again, nothing seems happening. i entered TWRP and when i exit it, it says "no OS installed" please help me pls. my device is not listed when i try adb device.

C:\HTCOneRoot>adb device
list of devices

this is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.707.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ************
(bootloader) imei: ********************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4287mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.064s

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
i tried to install ARHD in my phone, after installing it, it can't pass the HTC logo and its st98uck. when i tried to flash it again, nothing seems happening. i entered TWRP and when i exit it, it says "no OS installed" please help me pls. my device is not listed when i try adb device.

C:\HTCOneRoot>adb device
list of devices

this is my getvar

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.23.3263.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.20.707.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0714000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__044
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4287mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-59adc32b
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.064s

So First remove your IMEI and SERIALNO from your first post, there are sensitive data you don't want to share!

What TWRP version are you using? Is your bootloader still unlocked?

Last edited:

magnetboard

May 20, 2011
Since he is s-on, shouldn't he flash the boot.img from fastboot?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

grins814

Mar 24, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
Md5 check sum your twrp 2.6.3.4 and your arhd rom.zip then if the md5 checksum match flash both again. clear cahce and see if its boot

ARHD.zip df9854f79c6e6928befd6ec43ec9f4a5
twrp 72067aefb69541d40e8420d7aa46408d

alray, can you give me a link on the files i need for this to work, i really dont know what files to use. please

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
Reactions: grins814

alray

May 22, 2012
thanks sir alray, sir can you give me a link on the right steps on how to use this files?

MD5 checksum those 2 files posted above using this software: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77459918/WinMD5.exe

If this match its safe to flash, if not, redownload the file that is not matching.

Make sure both files are in the same folder where adb and fastboot are.

boot your phone in bootloader mode, select ''fastboot'' then connect usb cable to computer.

open a cmd prompt from your adb/fastboot folder

Code:
fastboot flash recovery <name_of_revovery_file>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

then enter in recovery mode

Code:
adb push <name_of_rom>.zip /sdcard/
wait for the file to transfer, It can take up to 10-15 min (there will have no progress bar, just wait)

when you see the file transfer is complete from your cmd prompt

select ''install'' in twrp and browse the sdcard to find the .zip file and select it. swipe to flash

reboot phone

grins814

Mar 24, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
MD5 checksum those 2 files posted above using this software: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77459918/WinMD5.exe

If this match its safe to flash, if not, redownload the file that is not matching.

boot your phone in bootloader mode, select ''fastboot'' then connect usb cable to computer.

Code:
fastboot erase cache

Code:
wait for the file to transfer, It can take up to 10-15 min (there will have no progress bar, just wait)

select ''install'' in twrp and browse the sdcard to find the .zip file and select it. swipe to flash

reboot phone

thanks for the steps, i'll let you know whats the result after i finish downloading the files. hope it will bring my One back to life.

grins814

Mar 24, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
was nciarior

is there any other way to push the rom into the sd card? when i use the command "adb", its says "error:device not found" i'm really worried right now. :crying:

alray

May 22, 2012
is there any other way to push the rom into the sd card? when i use the command "adb", its says "error:device not found" i'm really worried right now. :crying:

when you are in twrp recovery, go in your windows device manager. Your device should be listed under ''android usb devices ---> My HTC'' .
If its listed as ''Other devices ---> One'' then your driver are not properly installed and adb will not work.

in this case use this guide from nkk71

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install
dh4kjo.jpg

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
Code:
C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
List of devices attached
HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grins814

Mar 24, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
when you are in twrp recovery, go in your windows device manager. Your device should be listed under ''android usb devices ---> My HTC'' .
If its listed as ''Other devices ---> One'' then your driver are not properly installed and adb will not work.

thanks alot sir alray, it did work finding my device, but after trying to install the rom, it says "E:Unable to mount '/cache'" and/or error flashing zip '/sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_53.0.zip' what should i do next?

Last edited:

alray

May 22, 2012
thanks alot sir alray, it did work finding my device, but after trying to install the rom, it says "E:Unable to mount '/cache'" and/or error flashing zip '/sdcard/Android_Revolution_HD-One_53.0.zip' what should i do next?

looks like you have a corrupted partition. try to un-mount the cache partition and then format it. remount and try to flash again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you please link to me the files i should download, everything that i can use. i have downloaded a lot of files but i dont know if it is the right file for my phone.

TWRP: http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m7/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img

MD5: 72067aefb69541d40e8420d7aa46408d

ARHD: http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Android_Revolution_HD-One_53.0.zip

MD5: df9854f79c6e6928befd6ec43ec9f4a5
    thanks sir alray, sir can you give me a link on the right steps on how to use this files?

Code:
    fastboot erase cache

Code:

reboot phone

originally from @nkk71: [GUIDE] [02-MAR-2014] nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock

2) Q: I'm using Windows 7 what should I worry about
    A: when you issue the command "fastboot boot CWM.img" (now only in CWM/TWRP restore method) there's a high chance drivers won't correctly install
    dh4kjo.jpg

follow the below instructions to fix

Open "Device Manager" -> select the unknown "One" -> right-click -> "Update Driver Software ..." -> "Browse my computer" -> "Let me pick" -> "Android USB Devices" -> select "My HTC ..." -> install that
    just in case, HTC Drivers can be found here: [Drivers] HTC Drivers for Windows - Several Versions (credits to @mdmower)
    though you should already have them since you have been using your phone anyways

for those who like a visual guide:

okay so I did a fastboot boot command, and as you can see it didnt install correct driver
    28ioxf6.jpg

Open "Device Manager"
    2ywxpp3.jpg

there's the culprit
    312v6me.jpg

right click and Update Driver Software
    2ivmu5k.jpg

select Browse my computer for driver software
    357qek7.jpg

select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    2582flf.jpg

select Android USB Devices
    143jar8.jpg

select My HTC ... (if you have more than one version, choose the latest)
    axea9h.jpg

warning, select Yes
    14lhelv.jpg

successful installation
    21btc3d.jpg

now it looks better :)
    zwx53s.jpg

and can confirm:
    Code:
    C:\ADB3>[B]adb devices[/B]
    List of devices attached
    HTxxxxxxxxxx    recovery
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how do i do it sir, in twrp the only option is mount? im just really a newbie about this so any help will be appreciated

in twrp select ''mount'' then un-check ''cache''. Go back in the main menu, select ''Wipe'' then ''advanced wipe'' select ''cache'' and then ''swipe to wipe''. The output should be something like

Code:
    Wipe complete successful

formatting /cache using make ext4fs
    updating partition details
    :crying::crying: still cant install it, it says "error flashing zip '/sdcard/arhd.zip'

either because you are trying to flash the wrong file or because its corrupted. Did you checked MD5 of your rom?

and btw ignore last post about the guru reset, you don't want to flash a .401 stock rom when you are on .707