CM9 Alpha 0 Charging and SystemUI Fix by Dalingrin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kevina90

Jul 14, 2010
maryland
I FIXED IT. Turns out the micro-usb port was broken. I held the cable there for like 30 min. and it began charging.

webran61

Sep 19, 2011
Mine won't charge either. Fix doesn't help as well.

For the record mine WILL charge in webOS, so I charge it to 100% from webOS then just use it until it runs dry in CM9.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda premium

vlambrecht

Sep 28, 2011
Issues from CM7 still carry over

Hello ladies and gents.
Here is my issue.
Before CM9, I had CM7 installed, in CM7, somewhere along the way, my WiFi broke, The usual stuff didn't work, and even using terminal to reset the WiFi settings did nothing, if I turned on WiFi, the kernel just crashed.

I recently upgraded to CM9 a0.5, (never had a0), acme installer, all went well. The only issue(s), and this is the reason that I am posting this in this thread, is that the device fails to charge.

I hooked it up overnight to charge (it was empty), woke up in the morning, look at the screen, "Charging - 1%".

If the charger is unplugged, then the device will tell you to plug in the charger, then powers off.

Upon bootup, you get the typical "Battery too low to use" icon. After waiting for that to go away, I chose WebOS from moboot. Then it charges fine.

The other issue is, Wi-Fi takes an awfully long time to connect. In order for it to work, I have to just wait. If I go to the Wi-Fi menu, select my network (it's remembered), > Connect, nothing happens. I have to just wait for it to connect by itself. If I forget my network, and try to rejoin, it's instant.

Do you guys think that I should just try a factory reset?

Also, Wi-Fi works excellent from inside webOS.

Thanks

jimmysalvo

Dec 2, 2010
Palermo
Hello,
In my experience, if you boot the system with the charger plugged in won't do anything. You just need to start the system and AFTER connect the charger

Ciao

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
Hello,
In my experience, if you boot the system with the charger plugged in won't do anything. You just need to start the system and AFTER connect the charger

Ciao

That is what I noticed as well... my TP will not boot if I connect the micro USB to charge and press the button to power up. I need to unplug, start the TP and then plug in to charge.

vlambrecht

Sep 28, 2011
thanks for the heads up about charging, I will give it a try a little bit later once my batt is dead.

cheers

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
I have a co-worker that installed this on his TP and it looks nice. However, we couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a USB drive when plugged into his computer. Is this not working at the moment, or is he missing something?

ServError

May 29, 2007
I have a co-worker that installed this on his TP and it looks nice. However, we couldn't figure out how to get it to show up as a USB drive when plugged into his computer. Is this not working at the moment, or is he missing something?

This thread should die, it's outdated, but as a courtesy I'll help with this last question.

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right, select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box. From there your computer should detect it. If it doesn't, look around for the touchpad MTP drivers.

Reactions: cirehawk

cirehawk

Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
This thread should die, it's outdated, but as a courtesy I'll help with this last question.

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right, select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box. From there your computer should detect it. If it doesn't, look around for the touchpad MTP drivers.

Your advice is appreciated. I'll pass it along to him.

bbkmods

Aug 29, 2009

You need to go into settings, go to the storage option tab, touch the context sensitive "menu" button at the very top right (the three dots), select USB options, and enable the MTP mode check box like seargent007 said. You also need to go into settings/developer options and turn off USB debugging.

ServError

May 29, 2007
Please stop bumping this thread....I'm going to have to ask a moderator to close it. Also, many of us can leave USB debugging enabled with MTP on with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Depreciated - use Alpha 0.5 instead

The following is a fix posted by Dalingrin to address a slow charge issue and SystemUI force closes when disabling notifications affecting all Touchpads.

To install -

Place the fix zip in the root of your Touchpad's memory

Reboot your HP Touchpad

Select ClockWorkMod

Select install a zip from sdcard

select the zip and install

Reboot system.

Download Links (Fixed as of 1/18/12 3:55PM EST) -

http://goo-inside.me/roms/teamdouche/tenderloin/alpha/update-charger_systemui_fix-alpha0.zip

Credit goes to Flemmard for the SystemUI fix

Having trouble accessing your Touchpad's Memory? Either reboot into ClockWorkMod and select Mounts and Storage -> Mount USB Storage

Or, from within CM9, go to settings -> Storage, and use the button at the top right to access USB Modes. Check MTP mode and connect to your computer.

If this helped you, use the thanks! button
    I would remove all direct links if I were u...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I don't mind a direct link to the charger fix since its a one time thing. It should be noted that this fix will only be needed for this initial alpha release.
    I flashed this plugged in the charger to charge came back to unlock it, the screen won't unlock. Touch screen won't respond to a touch and when I hold home + power it ask me if I want to shut down :( Guess I have to wait until the device dies.

you can hold both the power button and the menu button together for 10 seconds to force-off the device.