Help I keep getting fail boot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I'm new to rooting phones I have a Moto Photon 4G. Ido have root access but when i try to boot into Android Recovery i get a message saying fail boot 2 entering RSD mode. So I'm not able to flash any roms to my phone. It's getting frustrating I have used google to find a solution but I'm a NOOB haha so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Please can anyone help? :confused:

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
Have you unlocked it? Can't do much without unlocking and installing a custom recovery.

If not, start here.

Reactions: Sloth

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I'm pretty sure it's unlocked but how can I be sure. I used Root check basic and it confirmed I do have root accsess.

pkomarnicki

Mar 12, 2009
Root and unlocking are two separate processes. When you boot the phone, if you're unlocked, it will say unlocked in the upper left on the screen with the red m.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
My phone is not unlock so what is the next step I need to take to unlock it? Thank you all for your help. I'm begging lol please help it's making me crazy :)

pkomarnicki

Mar 12, 2009
The link Kevets gave you will tell you everything you need to know. And if you look for qbking77 on youtube he has walkthroughs for the process.

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
if you email me i'll give you the link i can't post links yet.

shows step by step how to unlock my phone but i get stuck on this part below

Now click your start menu and type "cmd", right click the cmd program and copy it to your unlock pack directory.

i'm not sure how to copy it.

Open the newly copied cmd.exe and type "fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" WITHOUT THE " " MARKS and replaces the x's with your code that you got from the above step.

The links were helpful but some are outdated or my comp says they contain malware and wont allow me to proceed any further and yes qbking77 has very helpful videos

Last edited:

pkomarnicki

Mar 12, 2009
motorolaphoton.webs.com/ unlocking

Now click your start menu and type "cmd", right click the cmd program and copy it to your unlock pack directory.

Open the newly copied cmd.exe and type "fastboot oem unlock xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" WITHOUT THE " " MARKS and replaces the x's with your code that you got from the above step.

The links were helpful but some are outdated or my comp says they contain malware and wont allow me to proceed any further and yes qbking77 has very helpful videos

Once the cmd.exe comes up in your start menu, right click it and choose "copy." Then open your unlock pack directory (where you unzipped the unlock pack zip file) and right click, then choose "paste." Then double click the pasted cmd.exe. I'm not sure what has you stuck exactly.

Sloth

Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I give up apparently I'm to stupid to do it Thanks for your help

I have watched qbking77 videos
How to install the Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot on your PC
How to unlock the Motorola Photon 4G bootloader

Installing Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot didn't work for me. :(

Last edited:

Jeff213

Apr 21, 2012
You have to use RSD-lite to flash the stock phone rom back onto your phone before you can unlock it.

I did the same thing you did when I first tried to load a custom rom, and many other people here have done the same thing as well, we have all gotten through it. It took me about 5 hours of trying to get everything straightened out, and the next day I was running overclocked CM7 with jokers kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you unlocked it? Can't do much without unlocking and installing a custom recovery.

If not, start here.
    Root and unlocking are two separate processes. When you boot the phone, if you're unlocked, it will say unlocked in the upper left on the screen with the red m.

The link Kevets gave you will tell you everything you need to know. And if you look for qbking77 on youtube he has walkthroughs for the process.

motorolaphoton.webs.com/ unlocking

Once the cmd.exe comes up in your start menu, right click it and choose "copy." Then open your unlock pack directory (where you unzipped the unlock pack zip file) and right click, then choose "paste." Then double click the pasted cmd.exe. I'm not sure what has you stuck exactly.

Hope this helps

Try my site and tell me if that helps.

https://sites.google.com/site/mophocorner/

You need to unlock your phone and flash CWM in order to put a custom rom on it. Rooting it is he easy stuff. If you flash a custom rom 99.5% of the time it is pre rooted so...