Does anyone have experience with Hyperion Micropack or other high mAh batteries?

Search This thread

master4g

Feb 1, 2007
Amazon has a Hyperion Micro pack battery which claims to have 3800mah packed into the size of the original s5 battery size (2800mah). Does anyone have any experience with these type of batteries ? Do they deliver or is it just fake hype?

Thanks

WillTheGreat

Jun 14, 2010
Definitely fake hype, there's no way they can pack 35% more juice in the same space. There's a thread regarding a "4300mAh" battery where the poster said it was better than the stock battery.

I do think they are just a tad bit thicker than the original battery, probably by a hair so I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a 2900-3000mAh battery which would give you the impression battery life is slightly better.

master4g

Feb 1, 2007
Definitely fake hype, there's no way they can pack 35% more juice in the same space. There's a thread regarding a "4300mAh" battery where the poster said it was better than the stock battery.

I do think they are just a tad bit thicker than the original battery, probably by a hair so I wouldn't be surprised if it was really a 2900-3000mAh battery which would give you the impression battery life is slightly better.

Do you have experience with these type of batteries or are you just assuming?

neugenusis

Mar 9, 2011
I have it. Came in the mail today. Bought 2x Micropack with wall charger. Label says capacity is 3800mah which I know is BS, but I needed extra batteries. I'm testing it out now.

Some notes comparing with OEM.
- NFC works
- Same dimensions
- It's weight is lighter.
- Drains ( percentage wise) faster.
- On first charge, charged faster.

My initial impressions tell me it's mah capacity is lower than OEM. I'll see if performance improves or not after a few more charge cycles.

Last edited:

WillTheGreat

Jun 14, 2010
Do you have experience with these type of batteries or are you just assuming?
What's there to assume? Hyperion is a good company, but mAh rating is clearly subjective to them especially in the case of these batteries. Just Google search it if you don't believe me, it is fact that it's impossible to have that much higher capacity in the same battery size made with the same metals.