[Q] Remove Knox Security//

Search This thread

Poor Grammar

Hello s3 users i just upgraded to this phone and it came with 4.1.2 so i rooted it of course and next thing you know my 3yr old somehow updated phone to 4.3:crying::confused i still have root but if i uninstall knox security will it jack my phone up or brick it also is the bootloader locked or not on this model just need clarfication.or do i just use xda member cLogic instructions and reroot and remove knox..

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
I'm not too sure but if I recall correctly this doesn't stop you from rooting. Anyone else care to chime in with your expertise? @DocHoliday77

Edit : upon reading the thread by cLogic I'm sure this works. It sounds logical, and his method makes sense and others have posted in the thread. Make sure you follow the instructions properly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Bootloader is not locked, and the easiest way to get rid of knox imo is to flash the root66 firmware. There are flashable scripts out there that do so as well, but ive never used em so I dont know how thorough they are.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Poor Grammar

Bootloader is not locked, and the easiest way to get rid of knox imo is to flash the root66 firmware. There are flashable scripts out there that do so as well, but ive never used em so I dont know how thorough they are.

If i just use the Knox removal zip in twrp i will work?? Also i can flash roms then right

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
No need to use any removal method if your going to flash a rom. Afaik all roms already have it removed. But if you want to remain on your current build but remove knox, yes flash the removal as per instructions where you find it. (I think theres one in AT&T forums that might be easier to find).

beyram01

May 31, 2014

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Forgot about that one! Thanks! It is old though so as I said before I dont know if itd be a complete removal on NC2 firmware. It should be fine, but no guarantees.

Poor Grammar

Forgot about that one! Thanks! It is old though so as I said before I dont know if itd be a complete removal on NC2 firmware. It should be fine, but no guarantees.

ok..so i uninstalled with knox removal zip.Im running 4.3 ota rooted twrp 2.6.3 can i install any t999 rom or only 4.3+ up because i seen somewhere on here you cant install older builds because the bootloader on 4.3 dont play well with older builds

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
You can flash older roms just fine. As for if they'd be better or worse on 4.3 firmware I'm not sure. Should be ok though, depending on how old you want to go. The further back, the more likely it is you might see some issues, but not many have done this so I can't say for sure.

Poor Grammar

You can flash older roms just fine. As for if they'd be better or worse on 4.3 firmware I'm not sure. Should be ok though, depending on how old you want to go. The further back, the more likely it is you might see some issues, but not many have done this so I can't say for sure.

Well im not trying to go too far back just 4.1.2 roms like liquid smooth,cm,etc..Thanks for being patient..

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

Poor Grammar

System - rom
Boot - kernel
Data - (apps, settings, etc)

I use twrp 2.7.0.0 and have no issues. Haven't used cwm in several years. Yours is very old though. If you dont update it it will probably give you problems.

ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
ok..whats going on i done tried 3 or more versions of twrp and i cant install cm10,11 etc..install failed getprop(ro.bootloader) error updating binary in zip.t999UVDLJC/T999UVDMD5/T999UVUEMJC/T999VVLDLL1/T999LUVAMB7/T999VVLDMF2/T999VVLUEMK5/T999LUVUBMK4.whats does this mean..

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.

Poor Grammar

CM still hasnt bothered to update their updater-scripts to include the latest firmware builds. You will have to manually edit the script and either delete ALL "assert" lines, or add your firmware build to it.

Well i also tried to flash a different rom using twrp 2.7.0 t999 4.3 and got the same error??:confused:and also where could i find a good editing script tried 7zip but it came with malware so had to delete.I really like cm and want to try.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Get 7-zip from here: http://7-zip.org

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.

Reactions: Poor Grammar

Poor Grammar

Use Notepad++ for editing the script. Get it here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Not sure where you got yours if it says its malware. I've been using it for years with zero issues and believe it can be trusted. Just extract the contents of the rom, find the updater-script in the meta-inf folder tree and edit with notepad++. Also delete the signatures if they are present (3 files in the meta-inf folder). Some roms have them, some dont. CM probably does.

There are many roms out there that have not been updated to include the latest firmware builds. You more than likely got another one like it.

:cool:..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers;)..have a beer on me or a soft drink..

Reactions: DocHoliday77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

:cool:..Finally was able to remove asserts and flash cm10.2 up and running really smooth you deserve all credit up until yesterday i never used 7zip or notepad 2 thanks for all the help and patience Docholiday77 cheers;)..have a beer on me or a soft drink..