[Q] How to downgrade HTC 8S Preview 8.1 to 8?

Search This thread

Degetel

Jan 19, 2013
But care when you do the downgrade cuz you have to use the good rom for this (Europe or Rus) otherwise you will brick your phone. I just downgraded my HTC 8s from 8.1 DP to 8.0 and it worked!

1. Copy UEFI_signed.nbh to sdcard
2. Rename UEFI_signed.nbh to RIOUDIAG.nbh
3. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
4. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
5. Wait until flashing is finished
6. Copy RUU_signed.nbh to sdcard and rename it to RIOUDIAG.nbh
7. Turn the phone off and put sdcard into the phone
8. While holding Volume down - camera buttons press power button
9. Wait until flashing is finished than reboot phone

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.
1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic

Kami Look

Jul 18, 2014
Shiraz
But care when you do the downgrade cuz you have to use the good rom for this (Europe or Rus) otherwise you will brick your phone. I just downgraded my HTC 8s from 8.1 DP to 8.0 and it worked!

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.
1. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_Europe_1.04.401.03_1.11b.3054 .25_10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
Catala, dansk, Deutsch, English, espanol, francais, italiano, Nederlands, norsk, portugues, suomi, svenska, Turkce, arabic

2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE

Languages:
čeština, eesti, hrvatski, latviešu, lietuviu, magyar, polski, romana, slovenčina, slovenski, srpski, greek, belaruskaja, bulgarski, kazak, russkij, ukrajinska, arabic
tnx dude :good:
i have RUU 401
also preview 8.1 is so cool and i have no problem with that
although the official 8.1 be released i will downgrade my phone

Last edited:

Degetel

Jan 19, 2013
i have Rus rom 401

There's no information for htc 8s that will receive 8.1 but with DP program next week you will receive windows phone 8.1 update 1 (GDR1) which will come with some new features. My opinion is to wait until they will release the official update for windows phone 8.1 and then downgrade.

Reactions: Kami Look

Kami Look

Jul 18, 2014
Shiraz
There's no information for htc 8s that will receive 8.1 but with DP program next week you will receive windows phone 8.1 update 1 (GDR1) which will come with some new features. My opinion is to wait until they will release the official update for windows phone 8.1 and then downgrade.

tnx for information
8.1 gdr1 should be released in the same week...
I have DP program and I'll be sure to update it and when the official update 8.1 released for HTC,i'll downgrade to 8
tnx body:cowboy:

nikiu

Nov 1, 2007

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.

Languages:

Languages:

Would this add English US as Phone Language (to enable Cortana)?

Reactions: Kami Look

Adrenaline77

Jun 28, 2015
Not work

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.

Languages:

Languages:
I tried to put this rom, but continues to remain the DP version, does not return to 8.0 and the phone goes wrong, also because not able to install another update of the DP. marks the error 80188308 .. I do not know how to get it back to 8.0 :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i have Rus rom 401

Thats It

I have tried 2 ROMs.

Languages:

Languages:

I think that you will need "American ROM" for that. On my phone i have 2. RUU_RIO_U_APO_00_HTC_RUS_1.04.411.03_1.11b.3054.25 _10.13.30_RETAIL_ENC_RELEASE and it has English UK as default language.
    but what about downgrade for 8x ?