[Q] Why cant I install 4.2.2 ROM's

Search This thread

Draconius007

Jul 1, 2013
New Delhi
Hi, I am a rooted Samsung Galaxy Duos i9082, with a Paranoid 4.4.4 Kitkat Rom. Now recently i tried to go back to stock but was unsuccessful. I tried to install the CM10.1 Based MIUI we have for our phones, But was unsuccessful again. What the problem is that when i try to boot after flashing a 4.2.2 ROM .. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo and wont go further even after 30 minutes. Later that day i tried reinstalling Paranoid 4.4.4 kitkat ROM and it boot up in a Jiffy. If anyone can provide me with a solution I would be really grateful. I really wanna use the Stock rom again !:confused:

Don Anas

Mar 9, 2014
Hi, I am a rooted Samsung Galaxy Duos i9082, with a Paranoid 4.4.4 Kitkat Rom. Now recently i tried to go back to stock but was unsuccessful. I tried to install the CM10.1 Based MIUI we have for our phones, But was unsuccessful again. What the problem is that when i try to boot after flashing a 4.2.2 ROM .. It's stuck on the Samsung Galaxy Logo and wont go further even after 30 minutes. Later that day i tried reinstalling Paranoid 4.4.4 kitkat ROM and it boot up in a Jiffy. If anyone can provide me with a solution I would be really grateful. I really wanna use the Stock rom again !:confused:

its to easy i face this my self and i solved it by myself too :D

first when u download 4.2.2 zip download it direct to phone or pc but move it to sdcard with card reader not cable :good:
in recovery make full format

tell me if this work

Reactions: Draconius007

Draconius007

Jul 1, 2013
New Delhi

first when u download 4.2.2 zip download it direct to phone or pc but move it to sdcard with card reader not cable :good:

tell me if this work

Thanks a lot ... I have a question tho ... When i download the ROM.. do i keep it on the internal storage and the transfer to SD card via any file manager and then flash ? Because i flashed roms .... but i couldnt boot ... But 4.4 roms easily install ... I am on Carbon 4.4.4 now ...

Don Anas

Mar 9, 2014
Thanks a lot ... I have a question tho ... When i download the ROM.. do i keep it on the internal storage and the transfer to SD card via any file manager and then flash ? Because i flashed roms .... but i couldnt boot ... But 4.4 roms easily install ... I am on Carbon 4.4.4 now ...

yes u can

tell me u try to falsh TouchWiz Revolution 4.2.2 right ??

ashwin77sgg

Dec 15, 2013
Pune

Its a Bootloader issue. Kitkat rom needs 4.2.2 bootloader while cm 10.1 or miui based on it requires 4.1.2 bootloader. This means you need 4.1.2 stock rom on phone before you install cm 10.1 miui rom
Thats why cm10.1 based miui is not booting up while Kitkat based roms are booting fine.
Developer of touchwiz revolution has stated that rom boots on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 based rom
Have u tried wiping data, cache?
If yes and rom still doesn't boot. Then I suggest you to flash stock firmware though Odin. Let it boot again. And then install the recovery again via odin
Odin v3.04 is recommended.

Now you have a rooted phone and Kitkat based rom then while flashing touchwiz revolution 4.2.2
I will suggest you to format /system, /data, /cache through the recovery Then flash the TW revorevolution 4.2.2 rom.

Reactions: Draconius007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tell me if this work

Its a Bootloader issue. Kitkat rom needs 4.2.2 bootloader while cm 10.1 or miui based on it requires 4.1.2 bootloader. This means you need 4.1.2 stock rom on phone before you install cm 10.1 miui rom
    Thats why cm10.1 based miui is not booting up while Kitkat based roms are booting fine.
    Developer of touchwiz revolution has stated that rom boots on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2 based rom
    Have u tried wiping data, cache?
    If yes and rom still doesn't boot. Then I suggest you to flash stock firmware though Odin. Let it boot again. And then install the recovery again via odin
    Odin v3.04 is recommended.

Now you have a rooted phone and Kitkat based rom then while flashing touchwiz revolution 4.2.2
    I will suggest you to format /system, /data, /cache through the recovery Then flash the TW revorevolution 4.2.2 rom.
    Dude ... I tried it ... The rom flashed ... But it wont boot up at all !!
    :rolleyes:

dude its not bootloader issue im sure did u try chang recovery ???

did u try to flash another 4.2.2 rom ??

this rom have alot issues try GENNXT SUPERIOR ROM its good rom