How about Sony Z2 tablet VS Tab S?

Search This thread

Alexsandra

May 11, 2011
Shanghai
Yesterday I tried playing z2 tablet in Sony store. It is really really light compared with my iPad2 and I really love its design.No physical buttons. I think it must be the most good looking Android tablet in the world. It is very hard for me to choose AMOLED screen or beautiful design. Hi guys how do you think about Sony Z2 tablet?:D

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
You could have just brought this up in one of the other "comparison" threads

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Alexsandra

May 11, 2011
Shanghai
I forgot to say that its design makes me hold tablet very comfortable because of its enough wide margin.

NixxonExxo

Feb 22, 2014
Once you go Samsung amoled on tablets you won't want to go back. Additionally, the screen aspect ratio 16:10 makes this the perfect video player. Points lost for horrible speakers. Minus the bloatware, this thing runs great.

Sony design have too much bezel for my liking. The only thing the z2 has that no other competitor have is water proof technology.

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Amoled is nice but I would trade my Tab S for a Nexus 7 in a fast heart beat.

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Catherine_Solovieva

Sep 2, 2014
Moscow
I've chosen Tab S. Sony makes great gadgets (Year ago I had Sony Xperia Z), but I don't like its tablets cause of awful big frames. Tab S has (imho) better display, thinner and has less weight. But as for its hardware... Well - everyone knows that it is not brilliant. But for me - its enough for my tasks.)

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Yesterday I tried playing z2 tablet in Sony store. It is really really light compared with my iPad2 and I really love its design.No physical buttons. I think it must be the most good looking Android tablet in the world. It is very hard for me to choose AMOLED screen or beautiful design. Hi guys how do you think about Sony Z2 tablet?:D

You know, asking this in the Tab S section pretty much ensures what kind of replies you'll get. :D

It's only human nature to justify their own choices.

Reactions: jball

Alexsandra

May 11, 2011
Shanghai
I've chosen Tab S. Sony makes great gadgets (Year ago I had Sony Xperia Z), but I don't like its tablets cause of awful big frames. Tab S has (imho) better display, thinner and has less weight. But as for its hardware... Well - everyone knows that it is not brilliant. But for me - its enough for my tasks.)

I really like its big frame, which makes me hold tablet very stable and comfortable as well

Catherine_Solovieva

Sep 2, 2014
Moscow
I really like its big frame, which makes me hold tablet very stable and comfortable as well

About comfort - I agree with you absolutely, but I can't do anything with my esthetic taste)) I haven't bought HTC One M8 (and 've sold M7) cause of front panel. It is too obvious for me) It's just my caprice)
Another moment - as far as I remember - Z2 has matte plastic back. It was another minus for me. I loved Sony for their glass materials.( And now they are look like... Samsung-style

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
About comfort - I agree with you absolutely, but I can't do anything with my esthetic taste)) I haven't bought HTC One M8 (and 've sold M7) cause of front panel. It is too obvious for me) It's just my caprice)
Another moment - as far as I remember - Z2 has matte plastic back. It was another minus for me. I loved Sony for their glass materials.( And now they are look like... Samsung-style
I have an HTC One (M8) and a Nexus 5 and I think I like the HTC One more cosmetically .not to mention the HTC One has the Snapdragon 801 as well

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Catherine_Solovieva

Sep 2, 2014
Moscow
I have an HTC One (M8) and a Nexus 5 and I think I like the HTC One more cosmetically .not to mention the HTC One has the Snapdragon 801 as well

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Hmm... My fault is that I've never used Nexus.( I always hear about it, but never tried, thats why I can't tell about its design. Maybe cause of distrust to LG. For me there are only these leaders - Apple, Sony, HTC and Samsung.

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
Hmm... My fault is that I've never used Nexus.( I always hear about it, but never tried, thats why I can't tell about its design. Maybe cause of distrust to LG. For me there are only these leaders - Apple, Sony, HTC and Samsung.
The only Samsung I liked besides this Tab S was my S2 I337 .
The Nexus 5 is a bad ass phone but the Sense UI is probably the best thing to happen to android vs the buggy happenings of Touchwiz

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
i returned my Sony Z2 as the keyboard was not very sensitive and the device laggy.

The tab S screen is much nicer. A little laggy but see other threads about that. Overall its excellent having used it for a little over a month.

Charging is very slow....9 hours from empty.

Catherine_Solovieva

Sep 2, 2014
Moscow
The Nexus 5 is a bad ass phone but the Sense UI is probably the best thing to happen to android vs the buggy happenings of Touchwiz

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

As for me - I enjoy S5 and Gear 2)) I always say, that if someone will combine all the best features from top gadgets - it'll be the best phone (tablet) ever:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: jball

Zamboney

Feb 20, 2012
That's why they will never combine them. You wouldn't have any reason to upgrade and spend more money. Take the tab s for instance; it has close to the perfect screen, but they made sure people would want to upgrade by putting in an already ancient chipset GPU and CPU wise. I love mine but I'm aware and pissed that it won't last as long due to that. Planned obsolescence.

With regards to the z2; if you don't use your tab, just look at the aesthetics or need to use it in the shower get the z2, otherwise it's no contest.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

10" tablets are optimized for landscape. They're fine in portrait for reading and browsing but they don't really perform well otherwise. I use my 10" tablet in portrait mode only for reading and using S Note and have never had anything near the lag shown in your videos. Chrome pretty much sucks on Samsung's tablets so what's shown in your first video is nothing new. I was at Best Buy today and wanted to see if their S floor model was as bad was what you showed in your second video. It wasn't. So I don't know what's going on either with your specific device or in your specific scenario.

As for Sony's designs I really don't get them. They make paper thin devices with humongous bezels so the h/w internals are spread out over a wide area rather than being stacked making the device a bit thicker. The Z tablet is bigger than the S which has a 10.5" display and huge compared to a Samsung 10" tablet which has the same size screen. I guess I'm just a form follows function kind of guy. ;)

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
@BarryH_GEG
I don't have an issue using Chrome at all with my Tab S 8.4

It might have something to do with not running Touchwiz on it anymore. Got to love AOSP baby

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You know, asking this in the Tab S section pretty much ensures what kind of replies you'll get. :D

It's only human nature to justify their own choices.

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

As for me - I enjoy S5 and Gear 2)) I always say, that if someone will combine all the best features from top gadgets - it'll be the best phone (tablet) ever:laugh: