Vtap - Video Player

Search This thread

rickrugz

Sep 6, 2007
Hartford
VTAP is by far the best free option

Originally Posted by Technology
Go to http://www.vtap.com via your mobile web browser and download the YouTube setup for smartphones or pocketPC devices, works on wm5 and wm6 mobile devices and also works on just about all name brand mobile devices, even works on the iphone. You can set Vtap on your homepage as a plugin. Just type in the search bar the subject of the videos you want to watch, and play the videos, fast and easy. Here is a YouTube video clip of how things work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWm5YkNsB6A, with Video Inc. you will have more than a million videos for your choice and taste. A strong and simple solution................!(Lol)
:D :D :D

mcorrie1121

Jul 4, 2007
Oregon
Originally Posted by Technology
Go to http://www.vtap.com via your mobile web browser and download the YouTube setup for smartphones or pocketPC devices, works on wm5 and wm6 mobile devices and also works on just about all name brand mobile devices, even works on the iphone. You can set Vtap on your homepage as a plugin. Just type in the search bar the subject of the videos you want to watch, and play the videos, fast and easy. Here is a YouTube video clip of how things work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWm5YkNsB6A, with Video Inc. you will have more than a million videos for your choice and taste. A strong and simple solution................!(Lol)

Haha hm...sounds like a neutral party post ...;)

EDIT: Seems to work real good. Easy to find videos and such. Plus wikipedia :)

Last edited:

blazemanner

Jun 27, 2007
Just downloaded.

This is by far the best web video solution out.

it searches all kinds of sites not just youtube

my only gripe is it fullscreens upside down on hermes.

aalvino

Sep 17, 2007
I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service.

1. We are looking into the issue with the 2 icons in the programs folder. In the mean time, if you want to remove the vtap(1) icon, I have posted a process to remove it at this link: http://www.vtap.com/faq.html#rq11 .

2. We are looking into the upside down video on the Hermes phone. This has been seen now on a couple of HTC phones. I will post back when we have a solution for that problem.

Hi,

I have an issue with Vtap, it won't connect to the server, why??

It says "Server is temporary unavailable, please click 'retry' to try again.

It keeps saying that over and over again when I'm at home using WiFi. Interestingly, when I go to a hotspot location, it would work.

I have tried to reconfigure my router to put my phone in the DMZ to open all ports but it still won't work?

What is going on?

Btw, I'm living in Singapore, if it matters.

Last edited:

Vision77

May 8, 2007
Chicago/Minneapolis
I really like vtap. I think its an awesome app and it pretty easy to use. Of course with T-mo US only being able to offer edge it kind of kills the overall experience for me. But I tried this with a WiFi connection and it works perfect with a high speed data connection.:D

aalvino

Sep 17, 2007
I work for Veveo Inc. who provide the vTap service.

1. We are looking into the issue with the 2 icons in the programs folder. In the mean time, if you want to remove the vtap(1) icon, I have posted a process to remove it at this link: http://www.vtap.com/faq.html#rq11 .

2. We are looking into the upside down video on the Hermes phone. This has been seen now on a couple of HTC phones. I will post back when we have a solution for that problem.

Hello All.. We have posted a new version of the vTap client. This version has a number of bug Fixes:
1 - Storage Card - Previously if you requested vTap to be installed on a storage card, it would still get installed into the main memory of the phone. This has been fixed, and vTap will now be installed onto the storage card.
2 - Double Icon - Previosly when installing vTap, there would be 2 icons created in the Programs folder. Now after installing, there should be only one icon.
3 - Proxy Issue - There was an issue when connecting through some proxies where you would not be able to play clips. An error would be reported indicating the resolved clip is empty. This issue has been resolved.

You can install the latest version of the vTap client by pointing the browser on your phone to www.vtap.com, and downloading the appropriate application.

mikiedreb

Jun 7, 2007
Left Coast
I'm connected and able to download.....however, I only get the audio playback......no video. Instead, I'm getting a green screen with a bizarre purple stripe design....This is on 3G...

aalvino

Sep 17, 2007
I'm connected and able to download.....however, I only get the audio playback......no video. Instead, I'm getting a green screen with a bizarre purple stripe design....This is on 3G...

Hello Mikiedreb, could you tell me what phone you are using? Would you happen to know if it supports the DirectDraw feature?

arreguin

Oct 12, 2007
Cortazar
yes I got problems , seems like media player can not co-exist with htc audio manager, one day i tried to star htc audio manager from today screen and my phone reset by itself , i needed to make a hard reset

cingular 8525
hermes100
schaps 4.01

mikiedreb

Jun 7, 2007
Left Coast
Hello Mikiedreb, could you tell me what phone you are using? Would you happen to know if it supports the DirectDraw feature?

Hey aalvino,

I'm using an 8525 (Hermes 100) w/vp3G's WM6 v3.62 AT&T ROM. Not sure about the DirectDraw support. I'd like to add that I'm having the same issue with my WiFi connection as well........good audio, but the psychedelic color video...would've been cool back in the '60s.......

mikiedreb

Jun 7, 2007
Left Coast
yes I got problems , seems like media player can not co-exist with htc audio manager, one day i tried to star htc audio manager from today screen and my phone reset by itself , i needed to make a hard reset

cingular 8525
hermes100
schaps 4.01

Well arreguin.....I took your advice and removed HTC audio manager from my 8525....and guess what? I've got my video and audio:D
vTap's working great, even on edge...

Thanks for the suggestion.

henmar77

Jan 11, 2008
HELP!

i dont know much about this stuff. i tried loading this on my 8525 (WM6) and it wont load. i download to PC and copied to phone is this right? i got an error and it told me that there might be a componet missing. i tried just opening on pc but nothing happened. what do i do?

aalvino

Sep 17, 2007
i dont know much about this stuff. i tried loading this on my 8525 (WM6) and it wont load. i download to PC and copied to phone is this right? i got an error and it told me that there might be a componet missing. i tried just opening on pc but nothing happened. what do i do?

The easiest way to install vTap is to just open the Browser on your phone, and go to the site www.vtap.com. You will then be prompted to download the correct .cab file and the installation should start automatically.