invisibleSHIELD vs Bodyguardz vs Ghost Armor

Search This thread

aahd81

Jul 4, 2009
Sydney
Is high price the criteria for quality? In some cases it may be a pointer but there will be times where one or two companies will market something with inflated prices just to show the product as better than others. I've come across bestskinsever and gadgetshieldz that charge reasonable prices but while gadgetshieldz ships for free the other company doesn't.

ribcage

May 21, 2007
Galway
I just installed my first Invisible Skin by Zagg. It took a while to install, but I've got it on well with no bubbles. With patience, it will go down bubble and wrinkle free. I used the app fluid to put on the face and the back, but I waited until the following morning, when it was dry, to wrap around the sides. If you don't wait, it doesn't stick well.
My overall impression is good. It went down pretty well and seems to offer good protection (so far) for MOST of the device. The design could be better. The most exposed areas are the corners, which probably take the most bumps. I actually cut strips from the unused material to cover the more exposed corners on the bottom which worked out pretty well. I'm not sure if any of the other skins offer better corner protection out of the box, but they should.
The surface is a bit rubbery for me (I'm used to a very smooth Martin Fields screen protector) but I'm hoping to get used to it.
I hope this helps...

u2pop

Feb 1, 2008
Just got my HTC Touch Pro installed with Zagg Invisible shield. I gotta ask the guy from the shop to put it on for me as I'm afraid to ruin my phone. The guy told me to take extra careful within 2-3 days, eg not to put inside pocket. It will need a few days to e shield to properly "blend in" with the phone. It's been a week now and my Touch Pro look excellent.

jpn621

Dec 12, 2008
Wake Forest
Just got my HTC Touch Pro installed with Zagg Invisible shield. I gotta ask the guy from the shop to put it on for me as I'm afraid to ruin my phone. The guy told me to take extra careful within 2-3 days, eg not to put inside pocket. It will need a few days to e shield to properly "blend in" with the phone. It's been a week now and my Touch Pro look excellent.

Good luck with it. I had it on mine temporarily. Liked the looks, and liked the rubbery of the back of the phone in my hand. I couldn't stand the screen protector portion. The rubbery feel didn't allow the stylus to slide.

Now I'm using a clear plastic shell to protect the back and edges, and a Boxwave Crystal screen protector.

If you get tired of the InvisibleShield on your screen I highly recommend replacing only screen cover with a Boxwave product.

u2pop

Feb 1, 2008
Good luck with it. I had it on mine temporarily. Liked the looks, and liked the rubbery of the back of the phone in my hand. I couldn't stand the screen protector portion. The rubbery feel didn't allow the stylus to slide.

Now I'm using a clear plastic shell to protect the back and edges, and a Boxwave Crystal screen protector.

If you get tired of the InvisibleShield on your screen I highly recommend replacing only screen cover with a Boxwave product.

Hmm i'm feeling you man, now I'm beginning to hate e front part. Maybe later I replace it with Boxwave...

bojkic

Nov 21, 2008
I don't know about you guys but I've tried three screen protectors and I didn't like any of those... only original one was nearly OK! And for finger usage no screen protector is the best solution!

so, guys, tell me which protector is most like original one and which you think is best one for usage(finger)? those rubbery ones are ruining touch screen experience...

euphoria47

Oct 8, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know about you guys but I've tried three screen protectors and I didn't like any of those... only original one was nearly OK! And for finger usage no screen protector is the best solution!

so, guys, tell me which protector is most like original one and which you think is best one for usage(finger)? those rubbery ones are ruining touch screen experience...

I am not sure what screen protectors you have tried but I have to say that brando ultraclear is the best one i have tried. I also tried the antiglare, but i found it to make the screen seem lo res. the ultraclear one is glassy, so you dont feel like you are touching a spongy surface. afaik bodyguardz/IS and those have the rubbery screen part, while i like that grippy feel on my phone, the screen is an exception to that in my preference.

JudgeDredd67

Dec 24, 2006
Here, always here
I have had my Bodyguardz on now for about a week without the screen protector as I just recently put on a Christel from Boxwave. I like the Bodyguarz protector and you can hardly even tell its on until you pick it up. I like the rubbery feel but all of the cut edges are rough feeling, like the edge of a fresh cut credit card. I can feel almost every edge but it went on nicely and it looks good.

ribcage

May 21, 2007
Galway
InvisibleSheild Turns Brown!!

I just installed my first Invisible Skin by Zagg. It took a while to install, but I've got it on well with no bubbles. With patience, it will go down bubble and wrinkle free. I used the app fluid to put on the face and the back, but I waited until the following morning, when it was dry, to wrap around the sides. If you don't wait, it doesn't stick well.
My overall impression is good. It went down pretty well and seems to offer good protection (so far) for MOST of the device. The design could be better. The most exposed areas are the corners, which probably take the most bumps. I actually cut strips from the unused material to cover the more exposed corners on the bottom which worked out pretty well. I'm not sure if any of the other skins offer better corner protection out of the box, but they should.
The surface is a bit rubbery for me (I'm used to a very smooth Martin Fields screen protector) but I'm hoping to get used to it.
I hope this helps...

Just to follow up on my successful installation of the InvisibleShield. I am not happy with the product at all and frankly, I don't know how anyone is. It certainly is a shield, but it as far from invisible. After only a few weeks, the edges started to peel up and turn brown, making my expensive device look shabby. After a few more weeks, I noticed that the screen did not look as bright or sharp. Finally, I decided to pull it off only to find what you see in the attached picture. The whole thing looked brown and disgusting. I fitted a new screen protector and bought a belt case. I feel like I have a new device. The screen is bright and responsive and my TP doesnt look like an old bus window. I contacted Zagg and they told me that "the reaction you have seen and shown proof of is normal, and is covered by our lifetime replacement policy." When I wrote back that I wouldn't take the time to cover my device with the same thing that made my device look so bad to begin with, I (not suprisingly) never heard from them again. I hope this post will be helpful to some of you and save you some time and hard-earned money.

Attachments

• 100_1238.jpg
    100_1238.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1239.jpg
    100_1239.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1245.jpg
    100_1245.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 75

enzyme

Sep 30, 2008
Well I was so excited when I saw this review because I used many of those InvisibleShield and ones like it and this review hits the nail on the head. I even started a thread on it thinking it end controversy between these protectors, but have not even gotten a single post =(

It is definitely worth checking out. Lots of pictures in this review comparison.

If you feel like being nice, please post on my thread so I don't feel like such a loser hehehe.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=618679

Last edited:

RADRaze2KX

Nov 29, 2007
Tempe, AZ
just thought i'd post a follow up...

it's been about 3 months since i had my ghost armor installed,and i must say that i'm still quite happy with it.

the edges on the upper-part of the back are peeling up slightly from the pocket-based abuse )throwing it in and pulling it out), but the rest of the armor has held up without an issue.

yesterday, i accidentally dropped cigarette ash on the face of my phone, and itscorched the skin slightly, but you can't tell when the phone is on.

still, the quarter-inch peeling on the back, and the ash, has prompted me to challenge Ghost Armor on their lifetime warranty policy.

i'll take my phone to a mall (remember, their AZ based and i live in phoenix) and see if they replace it.

to note a few things i had posted on before:

1.) the edges no longer feel rough/scratchy. that faded with time and now the phone feels completely smooth all around

2.) the amount of orange peel never increased. it may have even decreased in appearance. the face is really clear, the back less-so, but still no where near the orange peel level i had seen with invisishield

3.) usability of the stylus, touch screen, buttons, etc.. has become easier over time. it was never truly difficult, but the concious modification to everyday usage has become 2nd nature, and my friends don't even notice the phone is skinned

4.) the phone still looks brand new. the skin got tighter (or so it feels) on the phone, and i couldn't imagine it any other way

5.) over time, the stuff they applied (the liquid adhesion spray) really dried crystal clear, much to my surprise, and extreme relief

6.) i recommend Ghost armor to all my friends, it's just a great product. i'd probably feel the same way about similar products, if i gave them the opportunity to prove their value

that's it for now.. posting this from my Ghost Armored Touch Pro :)

- RADRaze2kx

Here's another follow-up... It's been about a year since my last follow-up... I challenged Ghost Armor on their Lifetime Replacement warranty, not ONCE, but TWICE with my Touch Pro before switching it over to the Touch Pro 2.. The honored the warranty each time, but I still opted to have them install the product for me, since I'm lazy but more so because my hands are not very steady. The Ghost Armor kept my phone looking like new the whole 11 months I had it on there. I peeled the Ghost Armor off myself and threw it away when I got my new phone. The longest I had a single application of Ghost Armor on was about 9 months, I too experienced the small corners coming up from normal pocket-abuse, but there was very minimal "orange peel" to the product before I removed it. Removal was easy and quick, just peel it off.. It was much darker than I remember it as it peeled off, but the phone looked normal! I guess it was darker from dirt and wear and tear. The old phone still looked new, save for a few areas that had been subject to exposure to my pocket. Sadly, I lost my job shortly after and couldn't afford to Ghost Armor the new phone (and now the screen has a hairline scratch and I'm pissed!). That's what Sprint's warranty is for :D .

Would I still recommend Ghost Armor? Definitely

Last edited:

rpowell

Jan 15, 2010
Fort Worth
BodyGuardz Dry Apply

I just put a BG Dry Apply on my Atrix 2 and I really like it, it's clear with no bubbles after a few hours if you install it correctly, I installed mine in the bathroom after a shower so the moisture in the air would weigh down all the dust and stuff. As stated before BG has great customer service and if you post a pic of your phone with "Upgrade me to Body Guardz" on their facebook wall they send you a 30% off code. So I got mine for $11, they ship with 2 of them and have a Lifetime warranty. Can't beat it. There is a very slight orange peel effect on my screen, but I have to hold it in the light just right to see it.

I had an Invisible Shield on my TP2 and it protected well, was hard to put on and had terrible orange peel. Won't get another one. I hate doing a wet install on a $450 smart phone anyway.

Hope this helped.

cpinilla1986

Sep 22, 2008
Hide scratches

I got a Samsung galaxy S3 today and two hours later I got a scratch on it, not too deep, but there it is, I would like to know if the Bodyguardz will hide scratches, since that is the only one I can get in my country, thank you