[ROM] MIUI.US weekly roms for maguro by magiman7 and leeech

Search This thread

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
I see that the GSM MIUI rom is now at Version: 2.4.6!
If I flash over version 2.3.30, what will I need to wipe (dalvik/data/cache or all 3?) to not lose all of my contacts etc...?

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
The launcher lags quite a bit sometimes, but I guess it's good enough for my daily driver before the next Gummy/CNA rom comes out.

There's quite a few things to look out for on a fresh install.

- For root permissions, have to use the Permissions app.

- There will be forced downloads of some dictionary update. For some reason I had to turn on wifi for the dictionary downloads to complete. If not the downloads will just keep coming and there's no stopping them. This is done in the download app.

- In the download app, under menu I have to turn off the data restriction for downloads more than 1 MB. Or else there will be an annoying pop up during market downloads of apps more than 1 MB and the downloads will fail.

- Themes are still borked. There doesn't seem to be any theme that changes the notification pull down. Also it is impossible to revert to some parts of the original theme like boot animation after you try out a different theme. So for now I'm stuck with the original theme.

- Some places still have chinese characters. Very rare but some are actually "currently selected" pngs for items currently selected. Probably have to do some photoshopping for those.

There's probably a few other minor annoyances but I'm quite pleased with using this for now. The lack of an app drawer still irks me even though I have been trying out miui since my N1 days.

stijnos1991

Nov 29, 2009
Really loving the MIUI ROM's. I downloaded mine from miuiandroid.com and it works like a charm. I notice that homescreen smoothness depends on the theme settings. Choose a static wallpaper and disable scrolling.

Delvien

Jan 25, 2009
Columbus
I'm having a huge battery problem.. I burn through my battery in 3 hours and it is "charges" to 100% in 35 minutes.. is that normal?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
I'm having a huge battery problem.. I burn through my battery in 3 hours and it is "charges" to 100% in 35 minutes.. is that normal?

Is this an issue with 4.0.4? I am thinking about updating from 2.4.6, but I am not sure if it is worth reseting all my data for. I hate to re-setup my phone :/

Also:
MY BLUETOOTH WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE - this has not been an issue before, but now it just won't turn on all of a sudden, does someone know why?

Benxter

Dec 5, 2011
Muggensturm

i experience almost the same. it's not burning up in 3 hours but before I started using MIUI I had 1 1/2 day battery life on AOKP ROM with MIUI it's about 22 hours only.

Sebz4n

Apr 22, 2011
Frederiksberg C
MY BLUETOOTH WON'T TURN ON ANYMORE - this has not been an issue before, but now it just won't turn on all of a sudden, does someone know why?

Also!
How come I cannot install CWM through? It won't let me do it, even with root enabled!

Last question:
HOw the hell do I turn ADB on in the MIUI settings?

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

NWM with ADB and CWM, my major issue is that bluetooth is not working!

I tried flashing the Trinity Kernel (I came from Franco), but that did not solve it :(
It must be something that has been messed up withit in the rom - but what could it be?

Drift spunk

Jan 18, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I have gone into downloads and unchecked the option for wifi only downloading, I have done this in market as well and i still cannot download apps over 3g! WTF is going on :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI 2.2.24

This is a community support ROM only!

Post under construction but link is below.

Make sure you back up , Full wipe if coming from another rom, wipe cache and davlik then flash.

Themes are still a little messed up. They apply for the most part but you have to pull battery after.

Still some english in rom but very use able. When I get translations I will update with a fix pack.

Expect a fix pack tonight or tomorrow it will include : 4way boot, translations etc

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    hhtp://roms.miui.us
    http://roms.miui.us
    Here's a few more screen shots for you all!
    ib0AuLBxIPRz7p.png
    ibxw9V8FSUaDJ3.png
    ibj1buD0VweG2C.png
    i9yn3S4ySOFQ6.png
    +1 that would be great! It doesn't seem right to not have a proper, updated miui thread. :D:D:D

OK. I'm out of town until Sunday, I will start a new thread then. Btw magiman7 is working hard to get linaro implemented for us. He has everything working but camera, so there may be another update this week. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'll post in here my impressions as I'm running the last build as my daily driver for a few days.

Now I jumped on and off various aokp/cm9/aosp roms (just yesterday I tried a few new releases again) just so you know I experienced almost all the speed/customization 'flavors' available :p
    Basically I consider MIUI to be a very nice and stable ROM even in it's current state, though that statement can be a bit misleading as I don't use most of the stock apps.

For example people complaining about the lag, I guess you mean the launcher? Yeah it sucks in it's current state. Pop in Nova Launcher and the thing is as smooth as any other rom I've tried.
    So if you got tired of the stock ICS graphical design (I don't mean just the colors but the buttons and similar) then I suggest you give MIUI a shot.

Running it with last Trinity kernel beta65 1536-307 with default settings, battery life is amazing, no lockscreen hiccups at all, no call bugs, great stuff.

Once it's theme engine sets off properly this is gonna be truly fantastic.

EDIT: btw the recent apps in Miui is awesome. Great, clean layout and the handy broom button to close all of them at once, very very nice.

Cheers
    what? chinese original build has no lags, but the translated US/UK ones do?!

I have tested 4 versions of MIUI 2.3.23.

MIUI Android
    MIUI US
    MIUI China
    Ultimate MIUI v2(2.3.23)

MIUI China is laggy too but as much as MIUI US and MIUI Android.
    Ultimate MIUI v2 is smoothest of all. But, still laggy.

IMO, even the stock ROM is smoother than any MIUI ROMs meanwhile.
    I would stay away from MIUI ROM until they fixed the LAG.