Need an opinion??

Search This thread

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Well i have an upgrade due next month and i have been trawling the web looking at new phones but dont know what to get.

Now ill not be going any bigger than lets says a samsung galaxy s11. Thats about as big as phone as i would get..

Ill be sticking to android but what brand does not bother me.

I have been looking at the htc one x, samsung galaxy s11 and the sony xperia s.

But im open to any option.

One thing the phone must have it good memory. More than the our Wonder has to offer.

dirron86

Feb 3, 2012
I'm personally digging the HTC One series. As much as I love the One X, it may be too expensive for me and I think it's also on the bigger side that I'm sure you may not like as well.

The One S on the other hand are smaller and I would personally recommend it for you.

However, I don't think that now is the best time to buy an Android phone because there's not much choices out there for the newer generation of phones. Prices may drop when more newer phones are available on the market.

I'm rather interested at what the SGSIII specs will be when it is officially released.

Edit:
I'm sure 1GB of RAM would be enough for a lot of multitasking considering that we're doing okay with only 512MB(more like 150MB+) with the SGW. What concerns me though, are the fact that new phones like the HTC One series have non-removable battery and no external SD card slot. It would be a shame if all phones in the future has these.

Last edited:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
I'm personally digging the HTC One series. As much as I love the One X, it may be too expensive for me and I think it's also on the bigger side that I'm sure you may not like as well.

The One S on the other hand are smaller and I would personally recommend it for you.

However, I don't think that now is the best time to buy an Android phone because there's not much choices out there for the newer generation of phones. Prices may drop when more newer phones are available on the market.

I'm rather interested at what the SGSIII specs will be when it is officially released.

Edit:
I'm sure 1GB of RAM would be enough for a lot of multitasking considering that we're doing okay with only 512MB(more like 150MB+) with the SGW. What concerns me though, are the fact that new phones like the HTC One series have non-removable battery and no external SD card slot. It would be a shame if all phones in the future has these.

Not worried about ram size, was internal memory was on about. But i see what ya mean by size of the phone. Also phone industry is always changing. You could by the best phone in the world today and in two weeks time something better is out. So im not to worried about that but as much as i hate samsungs strategy about there phones they make prob the best ones on the market.

SIII seems to be the flagship phone so and its ment to be released fairly soon..

Also price of the phone does not matter. On bill do most i think ill be payin is 200euro on the bill im on at the minute

2g11

Nov 24, 2011
Accra
My advice would be if you don't need the latest and greatest,go for the GS2.But if you are prepared to wait,hold on till the Samsung announcement next month and they will definitely announce a smaller device along with the GS3...I think they are calling it the I9300...it will have the latest Exynos.Personally,I don't quite trust HTC yet,already there are lots of reports of issues with the One Series phones.Sony is still playing catchup for now,still using last year's hardware.I think for a really good Android experience keep tabs on the next generation superphones from Sammy.

Sent from my Wonder

craz1dude

Jan 9, 2012
Google Nexus S is a very good choice with low budget but high performent ;)

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

irishpancake

May 1, 2011
Small Village
What provider you with snwman......

Like you can see, I am with Tesco Ireland...cheap and cheerful....but, shyte phones!!!

I actually also like cheap and cheerful in phones, so, if I mess up, no big deal....

I am waiting for delivery from Amazon, of T-mobile Vivacity[TMV], for the Missus, it was only about £100...maybe €125....

It is basically a T-mobile branded ZTE Crescent (Blade II)....

but, like with all ZTE, there is an active modding community, on Modaco....

already they have ICS ROM's CM9, and AOKP [Kang]....

ZTE are also going to introduce a big new line of reasonably priced ICS phones this year, so be on the look-out....

Chinese [ZTE] are going to rule the World...OK

My first Android was the original Blade[Orange San Francisco]....and it was, and is, a treasure, so easy to flash and mod, none of this Kies or ODIN stuff, really stock Android......no overlays, like TW.

Keep an eye out for cheap and cheerful Chinese produced phones, is my advice!!

Personally, I like the look and spec of this ZTE Mimosa X

2012 ZTE range

Last edited:

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
@Irishpancake I'm with meteor at the minute but can switch easily will look for the best deal.

I get impatient so I think I'll have to go try phones out. It's the end of may my contract is up so hopefully something comes up by then.

Be a hard choice. One thing is quad core phones necessary compared to a good duel core phone.

dirron86

Feb 3, 2012
If you're not looking for the latest or fastest, I'd suggest getting something like the Nexus S or anything with Google Experience (or whatever you call it). I think it's worth because they most likely will have full support from google with the frequency of updates and everything.

I also remember reading something about Sony soon releasing source codes of their phones to the modding community so it's also something to take into account at least for me.