How do I free up storage on tablet?

Search This thread

coolqf

Sep 7, 2007
Istanbul
Anyone know how to increase free storage on internal memory? When I go into TWRP, it says that the internal memory size is only 11GB. Anyone know how to increase this? This is the total available size of the memory, and not the free space :/ By comparison, the micro SD card says 7.7GB and it's an 8GB card. Anyone have thoughts on how to improve this?

scottharris4

Oct 5, 2011
Anyone know how to increase free storage on internal memory? When I go into TWRP, it says that the internal memory size is only 11GB. Anyone know how to increase this? This is the total available size of the memory, and not the free space :/ By comparison, the micro SD card says 7.7GB and it's an 8GB card. Anyone have thoughts on how to improve this?
11 is what you have available after it's formatted and after Android is installed. You don't get 16 GB out of the box.

aybesea69

Dec 2, 2012

Sure... For the tablet, root it and use titanium to remove a bunch of useless crap. It's what you should do regardless.

A standard kitkat ROM is only 200mb. A TW ROM is over a gig, packed. That should tell you what you need to know.

I wish someone would release a true AOSP ROM for the TM-520.Until then, deflating TW and running Nova is as close as I can get.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Benjamin1966

Nov 11, 2010
Houston
Does titanium remove TW? I use nova but not rooted yet. I'm not sure what you meant when you said deflate TW.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk