[Q] Viperone 6.1.0 can't edit MMSC settings

Search This thread

1tominator

Oct 2, 2011
Hello there good people of XDA. I would post this in the viperone thread, but alas I appeR to be relegated to the q&a thread.

Anywho I have a sprint htc one flashed to pageplus, which was a pain but that is another story. I have everything working on the stock rom (text, talk, mms, and data).

For a change I decided to try the viperone rom(since I have a flashed phone I need access to the ## commands which I believe is only possible in sense based roms).

I have everything working in the Viperone rom except Mms. I believe when I flashed the new rom these were set back to sprint default (based off the fact that the RTS/HTTP settings also went back to sprint default).

However, I cannot seem to access the MMSC settings. I can ##data#, advanced, and see the option to select MMSC settings! but clicking it does nothing.

I have re downloaded and re flashed the rom, but this issue is still here. Is this common? Is there a workaround or some other way to edit the MMSC settings that anyone of you know of.

Thanks for you time and help in advance. :laugh:

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hello there good people of XDA. I would post this in the viperone thread, but alas I appeR to be relegated to the q&a thread.

Anywho I have a sprint htc one flashed to pageplus, which was a pain but that is another story. I have everything working on the stock rom (text, talk, mms, and data).

For a change I decided to try the viperone rom(since I have a flashed phone I need access to the ## commands which I believe is only possible in sense based roms).

I have everything working in the Viperone rom except Mms. I believe when I flashed the new rom these were set back to sprint default (based off the fact that the RTS/HTTP settings also went back to sprint default).

However, I cannot seem to access the MMSC settings. I can ##data#, advanced, and see the option to select MMSC settings! but clicking it does nothing.

I have re downloaded and re flashed the rom, but this issue is still here. Is this common? Is there a workaround or some other way to edit the MMSC settings that anyone of you know of.

use an app called apn shortcut to access apn settings and set your page plus apns(if you know them)

1tominator

Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the reply! I downloaded the program, but even after making a new apn, deleting the old apn, I can't seem to get mms. Going the the messaging app, it appears that the phone is still trying to use the sprint mms servers. I'll look for other ways to change the apn and come back with what I find.

1tominator

Oct 2, 2011
Ok, I attempted to try a couple of programs to manually change my apn, but to no avail. If I were to guess, maybe they are not cdma compatable due to the spc lockout. A spc backup app seemed rather promising (backup the apn on the stock rom where I could edit the apn and restore it on the viperone rom) but for some reason when I made it a system app it got deleted on reboot. I also saw some scripts that could be run on twrp, but none for a verizon apn (what pageplus uses). I finally gave up and decided to use a messaging app that lets me manually configure the apn, not a true fix but it is a workaround.

insuusvenerati

Aug 15, 2010
Pensacola
www.gulfcoastpcrepair.com

SOrry to thread jack but how did you get pageplus working with data? I've got everything working except for data. Not even 1x works.

1tominator

Oct 2, 2011
SOrry to thread jack but how did you get pageplus working with data? I've got everything working except for data. Not even 1x works.

Yeah, that's the part that gave me a pain too. The guide by ryoung does work, probably the one you used to initially flash it:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2601943

The part that was giving me trouble was having the settings for mobile ip "stick"

I would make the changes and write, but when I read the phone a sin, it would still be the sprint settings

What I wound up doing was writing the data multiple times until it stuck, something like:

13. Click on Mobile IP Tab and enter:

DS QcMIP: PrefMobileIP

Profile Settings:
Active profile: 0
Number of Profiles: 1

Registration settings:
Retries count: 2
Pre-Reg timeout: 30
Retries interval: ms1750

settings:
2002 BIS MN HA AUTH: Put a check mark
Domant handoff: Put a check mark
PRQ IF Traffic:

Click write 4 times with nam1 and 4 times with nam 2

Under profile column:
Select the first bubble and make active (Right click, enable profile)
Make sure all other profiles are Disabled (Righ click, Disable profile)

Selected profile settings:
*** Make sure profile 1 bubble is BLUE****

Current User Profile
NAI: yourphonenumber@vzw3g.com
Home address: 0.0.0.0 MN HA SPI set: Check box 300
Prim HA address 255.255.255.255 MN AAA SPI set: Check box 2
Sec HA address 255.255.255.255 Reverse Tunneling pref: Check box

Share Secret User Profile
AAA Shared Secret
Enter value in HEX: Check Box
(In white box enter: vzw)

HA Shared Secret
Enter value in HEX: Check box

Detail
RM NAI : yourphonenumber@dun.vzw3g.com
DMU PKOID: 10 DMU MN Auteth: 1.178.7

Click write current profile 4 times in nam1 and 4 times in nam2
Then click the other write button 4 times in nam1 and 4 times in nam2

Finally, hit the read button and your values should be edited ( only the hass and aaass will be gone which I guess is normal, I think you have to rewrite them every time you read the profile), it they are back again to the sprint settings, just try writing again. This is what went wrong with mine, but I don't know if you have a different problem.

One other thing, when you enter the ha and aaa shared secret, don't have the hex box checked, you can write vzw, then hit the check to turn it into hex, but if you initially have it checked I don't think it writes to the profile.

I think just that would have worked for me, but I did have a few deviations from his guide because I was trying a few things to get my data to work, and I'll just let you know for completeness.

I actiually had profile 0 And 1 active with the same information since it seemed to be wanting to continually revert to profile 1, though I think this is from my settings not wanting to stick.

Something like

attachment.php

I also copied the settings from the guy on page 3

Imsi IMSI T
MIN A: 000 0002738 MIN A: 000 000000
MIND: (YOURMIN) MIN D: (YOURMIN)
MCC: 310 MNC:00 MCC: 310 MNC:00

PCH A: 283 PCH B: 384
SCH A: 691 SCH B: 777
AOC A: 0 AOC D: 0
SCI: 2 SCM: 3A
CAI: 6 NAM: 0

I kept these settings stock

MDN: (YOUR PHONE NUMBER)
PCS: (YOUR PHONE NUMBER)
NAME PAGEPLUS

preferred SETTINGS:
SYSPREF: HOMEPREF
CDMA_HDR
HOMEONLY
BANDPREF:AUTO
ROAM PREF:AUTO
ALL THREE BOXES IN VOCODER SECTION CHECKED
ALL THREE OPTIONS BELOW THAT SET TO EVRC

Also, when on my phone when I hit the mobile data tab I set it to cdma only.

In the end I don't think I needed to do those changes, but my problem was really not the settings sticking. Writing multiple times with nam1 and 2 seemed to work.

Reactions: insuusvenerati

insuusvenerati

Aug 15, 2010
Pensacola
www.gulfcoastpcrepair.com
Yeah, that's the part that gave me a pain too. The guide by ryoung does work, probably the one you used to initially flash it:

The part that was giving me trouble was having the settings for mobile ip "stick"

I would make the changes and write, but when I read the phone a sin, it would still be the sprint settings

What I wound up doing was writing the data multiple times until it stuck, something like:

Profile Settings:

Registration settings:

settings:
PRQ IF Traffic:

Under profile column:

Current User Profile

AAA Shared Secret

HA Shared Secret

Detail

Finally, hit the read button and your values should be edited ( only the hass and aaass will be gone which I guess is normal, I think you have to rewrite them every time you read the profile), it they are back again to the sprint settings, just try writing again. This is what went wrong with mine, but I don't know if you have a different problem.

One other thing, when you enter the ha and aaa shared secret, don't have the hex box checked, you can write vzw, then hit the check to turn it into hex, but if you initially have it checked I don't think it writes to the profile.

I think just that would have worked for me, but I did have a few deviations from his guide because I was trying a few things to get my data to work, and I'll just let you know for completeness.

I actiually had profile 0 And 1 active with the same information since it seemed to be wanting to continually revert to profile 1, though I think this is from my settings not wanting to stick.

Something like

attachment.php

Imsi IMSI T

NAME PAGEPLUS

preferred SETTINGS:
CDMA_HDR
HOMEONLY

In the end I don't think I needed to do those changes, but my problem was really not the settings sticking. Writing multiple times with nam1 and 2 seemed to work.

Awesome thank you very much. I'll try tonight and report back.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Profile Settings:

Registration settings:

settings:
    PRQ IF Traffic:

Under profile column:

Current User Profile

AAA Shared Secret

HA Shared Secret

Detail

Something like

attachment.php

Imsi IMSI T

NAME PAGEPLUS

preferred SETTINGS:
    CDMA_HDR
    HOMEONLY