HELP!! Removed OS on htc one m8 verizon wipe TWRP

Search This thread

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
My phone now no longer boots as I accidentally removed the OS. How can I fix this?

If you are s-off you can simply download the RUU and put it on your ext sdcard and then follow the instructions in the post. If you are not s-off just download a custom rom to your ext card and flash it in twrp.

HeyNumbNutz

May 24, 2014
If you are s-off you can simply download the RUU and put it on your ext sdcard and then follow the instructions in the post. If you are not s-off just download a custom rom to your ext card and flash it in twrp.

Hi, can you explain how I can get an RUU. I am new to android since I just switched from iOS and have no clue how to do this.

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
Hi, can you explain how I can get an RUU. I am new to android since I just switched from iOS and have no clue how to do this.

There's a thread in the development by dotthat with the RUU for our phone. Just follow his directions exactly and you'll be back to out of the box fresh but still s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Here's the thread for the RUU.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727831

Personally, I would just flash CleanROM. It's a super stable and slick cleaned up stock rom by an awesome dev.

HeyNumbNutz

May 24, 2014
There's a thread in the development by dotthat with the RUU for our phone. Just follow his directions exactly and you'll be back to out of the box fresh but still s-off.

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Here's the thread for the RUU.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727831

Personally, I would just flash CleanROM. It's a super stable and slick cleaned up stock rom by an awesome dev.

After I restore it back to stock with RUU, will I have to redo root, s-off and twrp recovery? or will everything stay the same and I will just have to add Roms back on

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
After I restore it back to stock with RUU, will I have to redo root, s-off and twrp recovery? or will everything stay the same and I will just have to add Roms back on

You will keep root. I have an ruu mode TWRP posted there to for your convenience. Alternatively you could flash TWRP and go to advanced and select adb sideload. You can then adb side load a rom to your device

Reactions: GoBears

GoBears

Nov 1, 2011
You will keep root. I have an ruu mode TWRP posted there to for your convenience. Alternatively you could flash TWRP and go to advanced and select adb sideload. You can then adb side load a rom to your device

Boom! There you go, doesn't get easier than that! Thank you Dottat for all the time and work you put into creating the RUU for us. It's very much appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.