[q] z1 warranty/bootloader help

Search This thread

Brownman33

Feb 25, 2014
Hey everyone,
I have a problem.
Long story short, my phone decided to commit suicide.
It seems the battery doesn't want to hold a charge any more.
I guess I have to have it sent to Sony to get fixed or replaced (Does anyone know which it will be?)
I need to check if my bootloader is unlocked or not because of course I can't send it off unlocked.
Before it died, it was on official Kit Kat from Sony, which I put on with Sony Update Service because the phone was in a boot-loop which I couldn't Flashtool out of.
Would the SUS have re-locked the bootloader and unrooted it completely?
Is there some way to check the status in my position?

Thanks

Brownman33

Feb 25, 2014
It will only be relocked if you relocked it.

Flashing with sus or pccompanion will not work with an unlocked bootloader anyway

If it was unlocked, it will still be unlocked

does your phone turn on at all?

Well before I flashed with SUS I was using TWRP, which I thought needed an unlocked bootloader, but am hoping I'm wrong.

Yes, but only for about a minute at most, after having it plugged into my PC for about 10 minutes I can boot into Android but then it'll just shut itself off again, it's constantly at 1% until it dies.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
You seem to not know what an unlocked bootloader is?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to have root

Did you go trough the process of unlocking your bootloader through the sony website about unlocking the boot?

If not, then its not unlocked as you have never tried to unlock it.

If you can boot up the phone
dial *#*'7378423#*#* and goto service info / configuration. The last line will tell you the status of your boot.

Have you tried flashing the most recent 757 FTF using flashtool?

Brownman33

Feb 25, 2014
You seem to not know what an unlocked bootloader is?

You do not need an unlocked bootloader to have root

Did you go trough the process of unlocking your bootloader through the sony website about unlocking the boot?

If not, then its not unlocked as you have never tried to unlock it.

If you can boot up the phone
dial *#*'7378423#*#* and goto service info / configuration. The last line will tell you the status of your boot.

Have you tried flashing the most recent 757 FTF using flashtool?

I get confused sometimes my bad D:

I'll try that in the morning and let you know.

No software will detect the phone.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
Well before I flashed with SUS I was using TWRP, which I thought needed an unlocked bootloader, but am hoping I'm wrong.

Yes, but only for about a minute at most, after having it plugged into my PC for about 10 minutes I can boot into Android but then it'll just shut itself off again, it's constantly at 1% until it dies.

well, try plugging you phone into a wall charger for 24 hours.

If your battery is really bad a USB charger will not give it a decent charge