What wall chargers are everyone using

Search This thread

JuanTheMower

Jan 22, 2013
I use the stock HTC charger when I'm traveling. I replaced my wall sockets at home with ones that have USB ports in them. They work perfectly fine. I believe the ones I have are about 1 amp.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Wow, I might have to hop on that. Looks pretty awesome

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
I just use a standard USB hub with a power input

Take apart the usb hub and disconnect the data lines from the hubs circuitry (Just cut the tracks) and then solder the data lines together (this lets the phone draw more than 500ma from the socket)

Then I use a big beefy power adapter, I thinks its 3a

Overall only cost me a few £'s and it can easily charge between 1 and 5 devices depending on power draw of each device (can charge 3 phones at 1a each)

EDIT: I use one of these but with a 3a power supply: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Spee...t=UK_Computing_USB_Cables&hash=item43b7edce59

Last edited:

Kindatired

May 25, 2011
HTC charger, I just went an bought a new cheap but longer usb cord. The one that came with the phone is way too short.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

eskimochaos

Nov 19, 2007
I've noticed that this phone is stupidly picky about USB cords and charging medium. It really only likes the original USB cable and wall charger.

mjwitt2

Feb 15, 2010
Youngstown
I've noticed that this phone is stupidly picky about USB cords and charging medium. It really only likes the original USB cable and wall charger.

I've used a mini to micro usb adapter on a mini usb cable and it worked to charge my one x through my television. I mean, I guess I'm just lucky, but I've never had a problem using any cable medium or any charging source. :confused:

xlmama

Jan 5, 2013
I'm using my stock one, much better quality than my N7 charger which has been half broken since I opened the box; the damn casing around the end of the usb comes off really easily - ill need to glue it in place, feels a bit sketchy having copper wire at your finger tips, even if its low volts/amp.

nikjft

Jan 23, 2013
Boulder, CO
blog.nik.me
I purchased this one for my Nexus 7 and it's also excellent for the HOX. Unlike many chargers, it puts out a full 2 amps even with non-Apple-devices. The HOX only draws what it needs, but it seems to charge quicker with this adapter than with stock. Plus two ports, so you can charge up two devices. (Although voltage is split between the ports if you have two things plugged in.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091XIUKY/ref=wms_ohs_product

slojko

Oct 30, 2011
Nokia charger with Nokia cable. Works great

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Braxton355

Feb 5, 2013
I use a stock BlackBerry charger, (Own 2) and they are OKAY in my option.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Greygollum

Jul 21, 2012
a few different ones

I still mainly use the factory HOX charger, but also use an old motorola micro usb charger (cable is part of it), have used a nexus 7 charger without issues, and even iphone car charger with an extra usb port and generic micro usb cable. All have worked with no issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently they are a higher voltage but they charge the phone faster and are safe to use. Also you can get them for cheapo online

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

I doubt anything with higher voltage is
    safe to use. Higher amperage is what enables fast charging. Regular USB is 500ma, the stock HTC chargers are 1000ma (1amp) that have faster charging.

Sent from my HTC One XL
    +1 for the blackberry charger. The cord is way longer too so you can prance around while its plugged in.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
    i would be wary of HTC ebay wall chargers, there's probably tons of fakes out there. I somehow managed to buy a pair of fake HTC "oem" headphones the other day that lasted about two days before one ear broke (not to mention the phone controls were WACK).
    Checkout monoprice.com . We get all our cables and chargers there