can't boot into recovery mode

Search This thread

iMezouar

Sep 19, 2014
ok I fixed mine, recovery did not support partition upon boot hence why it did not load

Hello !
I'm having the same issue, my Xperia Z2 (fw 23.0.1.A.0.167) won't boot into recovery, I tried every method possible but the light never turns green on start.
Could you please tell me how you fixed yours ?
Thanks in advance !

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Recovry partition isnt supported unless suported by the kernel

M5-kernel for lolipop CM12 supports this but thats CM12 and not stock

I recomend using one of the many adv stock kernels since they are bundled with a recovery

moba1700

Aug 14, 2009
Hello friends I have the same problem, my xperia z2 isn't booting into recovery mode neither by the hardware keys nor by adb although the usb debugging is turned on, when I use "adb reboot recovery" cmd the phone boots up normally.

Note: the notification light doesn't light when the phone boots.
Another question: if I flashed acustom recovery could I receive the official lollipop update?
Please help me...

the_crevis

Feb 22, 2012
Bristol
Hello friends I have the same problem, my xperia z2 isn't booting into recovery mode neither by the hardware keys nor by adb although the usb debugging is turned on, when I use "adb reboot recovery" cmd the phone boots up normally.

Note: the notification light doesn't light when the phone boots.
Another question: if I flashed acustom recovery could I receive the official lollipop update?
Please help me...

If you havent already fixed it. Fastboot flash (fastboot flash boot boot.img) a advanced stock kernel like this one http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/kernel-advanced-stock-kernel-multirom-t3005894 that includes a recovery.

naujoks

May 27, 2006
If you havent already fixed it. Fastboot flash (fastboot flash boot boot.img) a advanced stock kernel like this one http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z2/development/kernel-advanced-stock-kernel-multirom-t3005894 that includes a recovery.

I have the same problem. No stock recovery available (no flashing light). Trying to install other recoveries doesn't work, either hangs or returns an error.
Trying to install a different kernel stops at "waiting for device".
Brand new phone, nothing done to it.
I'm stuck! :(

manunbr3130

Apr 22, 2015
help

hellooo.... i have a karbonn titanium octane . i have rooted it using kingo root. after that i tried to install cwm/twrp etc.... for installing custom roms.... i have searched online for the problem no result so far.. the problem is i cant reach into recovery mode... when i use quick boot, it just reboots.. then if i it manually(holding vol up+power) it is completely in chineese.
i realy wanted to change the rom dat also which want available easily. then when itry to flash using flashify etc... then also it just reboots!!
What to do pls reply!!

J.Garp

May 25, 2012
Hillerød
Can't boot into recovery mode

I have the same problem. No stock recovery available (no flashing light). Trying to install other recoveries doesn't work, either hangs or returns an error.
Trying to install a different kernel stops at "waiting for device".
Brand new phone, nothing done to it.
I'm stuck! :(

As far as I understand this thread Unlocked bootloader is needed else nothing will work?

moji_vb

Jul 6, 2015
Hello !
I'm having the same issue, my Xperia Z2 (fw 23.0.1.A.0.167) won't boot into recovery, I tried every method possible but the light never turns green on start.
Could you please tell me how you fixed yours ?
Thanks in advance !

Me too. I downloaded TWRP recovery from its official site for my device (xperia M c2005) from URL="dl.twrp.me/nicki" (but it was/could not be installed on the ways described on TWRP official page and I don't know why) and finally found out my recovery was not installed and then I installed it forcibly by booting into bootloader using
Code:
adm -d reboot bootloader
and
Code:
fastboot flash boot twrp.img
and then reboot using
Code:
fastboot reboot

RacerT8200

Nov 2, 2010
hello i have a sony xperia z2 i installed the doom kernel and its was finish, but i can´t started the recovery

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

someone here there have a idea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @dfire86 That's Samsung territory, doesn't work that way with Sony.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Haven't you forget to turn on USB Debug? Not kidding you.I've done it before.

Sent from my D6503

Maybe not booting the phone in fastboot mode?

OP, if you haven't already you should install flashtool, link here that I used last night https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByK8JL7P6wDTMXRvcTdjMzVuNFk/edit

You'll need the drivers to go with it, here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2635830

I went through all this last night. Unlocked bootloader fine. Used fastboot to install DooM's adv stock kernel but the rom I was on was stock 255 and kernel was for 402 so I was getting a black screen. I think the easiest thing for me would have been to fastboot on the 255 kernel but I wasn't thinking straight, used flashmode to put on a stock 402 rom and then used fastboot to put on the 402 kernel, finally got into recovery.

Man, this is much more work than doing a Samsung phone!
    hello i have a sony xperia z2 i installed the doom kernel and its was finish, but i can´t started the recovery

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

someone here there have a idea
    Why would you use doom kernel?