Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jbrew78

Sep 30, 2010
Tampa
MOD Edit: This may not be compatible with UK models and may result in a brick. Proceed with caution!
Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.

I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Temporarily Unavailable

Last edited:

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
One day warning.

I will be taking this utility down until it encompasses the newest fixes and adequately warns about the EU issue.

I would have taken this down sooner except I was taking a disconnected writing /teaching break and didnt see the issues.

Last edited:

yankele

Jun 29, 2010
Florida, NY
Nice! Too bad I rooted before this came up but its nice to see more things available for our xooms!

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC EVO using the XDA app.

Gwartan

Mar 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
Not sure it worked.

I followed all the steps but i do not see Super User in the app drawer. Should i re-do the steps?

Gwartan

Mar 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
I'm a noob to rooting. haven't done it since my htc wizard. how would i check in terminal?

ok search is my friend. i downloaded a terminal emulator from the market. i enter su and get su:permision Denied

and I guess I should mention I am trying this on a WiFi only Xoom.

Last edited:

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
Thanks Jason for making this. I'll wait for you to add in the HRI66 update first. Gotta have that flash 10.2

One question, does this wipe the device when used? I'd like to root without loosing all my data and game saves. Is this possible yet for this?

Steady Hawkin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 27, 2011
Seattle
I'm a noob to rooting. haven't done it since my htc wizard. how would i check in terminal?

ok search is my friend. i downloaded a terminal emulator from the market. i enter su and get su:permision Denied

and I guess I should mention I am trying this on a WiFi only Xoom.

OK well your not rooted then. Unfortunately I won't be much help due to the fact I rooted via adb.

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
Hey dude thanks for trying the tool. I am working on updating the tool and when I get the new version posted I will work with you on getting it to work. Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: droidrev71

xguntherc

Mar 25, 2010
Viva Las Vegas!
For those that might be worried about this because jwtyler has 10 posts... check his sig out. He's been around for a long time and is the Author of App Inventor for Android. So don't worry, he'll take care of it.

I'm excited to try this easy root method out, then overclock my beastly Xoom to 1.5 Ghz :)

paulnelson88

Jan 2, 2011
Portland
www.paulmnelson.com
a step by step would be wonderfull. thanks

I'm just a local electrician but Ive been fascinated by all the work everyone does in here. So I learn things by experimenting I had a hard time with the SDK install and trying to Root my wifi only i just dont have the time to mess around for 4 hrs trying to figure it out but I got lucky with this One Click Root!

Download the updated Tiamat Xoom 1.1.6 BOTH MODELS WORK and unzip them. Then download the One Click Root flies unzip them. Now open the Tiamat 1.0 file in One Click then Delete the flies in there. Go to the 1.1.6 flies and copy them all not folders but files and images then paste. Close out thee program and repopen and install Tiamat follow the instructions. Thats all I did. Worked great ran 2 benchmarks clocked at 1.5 no FC at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: jshuford

jwtyler

Nov 7, 2010
I removed the files while I fixed an issue with HRI66 OTA breaking the root and soft bricking. The files are in the 3rd post now and Jbrew will update shortly.

Reactions: pugsby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD Edit: This may not be compatible with UK models and may result in a brick. Proceed with caution!
    Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.

I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
    1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Temporarily Unavailable
    One day warning.

I will be taking this utility down until it encompasses the newest fixes and adequately warns about the EU issue.

I would have taken this down sooner except I was taking a disconnected writing /teaching break and didnt see the issues.
    worked on my WIFI-Xoom on the first shot, thanks man!!

Now I wonder what the best app is for backups... Titanium doesn't seem to support honeycomb (apps list is empty save for some random settings)

1. Uninstall titanium
    2. Install stericson busybody installer from market
    3.choose the beta busybody.
    4. Install titanium.
    5. All elements should appear.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App
    Show of hands for new version

I think I can make the next version pull the user data from common folders and store it locally i.e. a data backup if that is something that would interest the community.
    Try this:

1. Open a CMD prompt.
    2. Switch to the directory where you unzipped the RootMyXoom and all its files.
    3. type: adb devices
    4. Hit enter.
    5. See if it lists your device.