Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock Now available @ Expansys

Search This thread

SKYLINESSUCK

Sep 14, 2010
Okinawa, Japan
I'm getting the Nexus again (had both the GSM & VZW models). I think I'll hold off on the desk dock for now. I've really been wanting this but, $111.00 is kind of steep to bring it to the U.S.

I'll just use my Seidio dock for now.

Don't know where you are looking at, but it was $65 shipped for me.

does the dock work with the GSM extended battery?

According to many sources, yes. I will give you my first hand account in a week or so.

Reactions: aly19

f231f

Aug 12, 2010
Don't know where you are looking at, but it was $65 shipped for me.

According to many sources, yes. I will give you my first hand account in a week or so.

I don't own an extended battery so I won't contradict what others have said, but this dock is molded to the exact size of the phone. If the extended battery makes it 1mm thicker, I don't see how it would fit.

59Qs7.jpg

7pzdE.jpg

sansnil

Dec 6, 2007
I just received the two docks from Expansys and the OEM 2000 mAh battery fits beautifully. Nice cradle overall, still overpriced but nice. No HDMI out though, just a 3.5 mm audio line out.

Reactions: aly19

qnet

Oct 26, 2011
ATL
www.network-creations.net
Don't know where you are looking at, but it was $65 shipped for me

It not coming out that cheap for me for shipping to the U.S. Are you getting yours shipped to the U.S. ? When I click on shipping to the states, it's and additional 25.95 pounds and brings the total to 67.61 pounds. That converts over to about $111.00

I read were you chose USPS priority but, Fedex is the only selection I see.

Last edited:

descendency

Jun 26, 2010
I got my desktop dock today and it's a high grade plastic with a nice anti slip bottom. It has a nice heft to it without being heavy. It feels like the dock is perfectly fit to the phone. It stops just short of "clicking" into place, but it almost feels like it could/should because of how close of a fit it is. It's definitely stable. Easy to load and unload. It's a bit pricey for some at 60+shipping. It also doesn't come with a spare micro USB cord which seems kind of cheap.

The one main complaint I have is with Android's clock. It takes forever for it to go into "dark" mode and when it does, the time has an annoying "feature" of moving about and being a bit small (it could be larger). I couldn't find a half decent substitute though... Is there a half decent clock [preferably made for ICS]? Because this dock makes the phone perfect as an alarm clock.

The other complaint I have (also with Android) is that landscape mode is just flat ugly. It ruins most widgets. A few stock ones and well designed ones fair well, but landscape ruins most.

f231f

Aug 12, 2010
The one main complaint I have is with Android's clock. It takes forever for it to go into "dark" mode and when it does, the time has an annoying "feature" of moving about and being a bit small (it could be larger). I couldn't find a half decent substitute though... Is there a half decent clock [preferably made for ICS]? Because this dock makes the phone perfect as an alarm clock.

Press the screen once and it will go somewhat dark, press and hold for 1 second after that and it goes completely dark except for the blue clock. The clock moves around to prevent screen burn-in.

Dock Clock is nice. You can customize the font and size, add weather, date, etc:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Has anybody that has the dock, that also have an HDMI MHL adapter tried connecting the two together via the micro usb to get them to work together?

anfozy

Sep 16, 2011
Sydney
This dock is soon damn nice but it is abit pricey for what it is, another close my eyes and try not to think about howmuch it cost when I buy it for now this will do lol

3ab31d66-4ba3-b927.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rmcsc

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
This dock is soon damn nice but it is abit pricey for what it is, another close my eyes and try not to think about howmuch it cost when I buy it for now this will do lol

3ab31d66-4ba3-b927.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Its a mi, Mario. Butt stomping your wallet into oblivion.

zippity doo da.

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
I just got my dock. The thing is built like a tank and it's very high quality. Compared to the N1 dock it's not even in the same ballpark.

My fiance isn't home right now so I can't test the LTE version but I doubt it will fit.

I have the audio out hooked up to my system right now and it sounds very good. I'm actually really surprised how good it sounds. However, there is no way to adjust the volume out on the phone. It's either on or off.

There is no way to lock the phone directly when its in the dock. But, you can press home to get back to the home screen and let it timeout. Then, you can press the volume key to wake the phone. Pretty handy.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. It may be a bit overpriced, but to a dock junkie like me I'm very pleased.

If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to answer. I will update my post when I check for the verizon nexus compatibility.

UPDATE: The Verizon LTE Nexus with standard battery does NOT fit in the GSM dock.

Last edited:

vishious89

Jan 19, 2011
Baltimore
I just got my dock. The thing is built like a tank and it's very high quality. Compared to the N1 dock it's not even in the same ballpark.

My fiance isn't home right now so I can't test the LTE version but I doubt it will fit.

I have the audio out hooked up to my system right now and it sounds very good. I'm actually really surprised how good it sounds. However, there is no way to adjust the volume out on the phone. It's either on or off.

There is no way to lock the phone directly when its in the dock. But, you can press home to get back to the home screen and let it timeout. Then, you can press the volume key to wake the phone. Pretty handy.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. It may be a bit overpriced, but to a dock junkie like me I'm very pleased.

If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to answer. I will update my post when I check for the verizon nexus compatibility.

Much appreciated mate. Question about the Verizon GN LTE you're gonna test with the dock, is it with the stock or extended battery?

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010

I have one on order but could you please describe the audio functions in more detail?

What happens when someone rings? Do I need audio plugged in? Can you have a hands free conversation with the phone still in the dock? Does it only play certain audio out the jack and if so details? Anything else you think is worth mentioning? I plan to have my phone pretty much sitting in this dock at my work desk unless I need to go somewhere. TIA :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one on order but could you please describe the audio functions in more detail?

What happens when someone rings? Do I need audio plugged in? Can you have a hands free conversation with the phone still in the dock? Does it only play certain audio out the jack and if so details? Anything else you think is worth mentioning? I plan to have my phone pretty much sitting in this dock at my work desk unless I need to go somewhere. TIA :)

General Use: When docked everything switches to landscape. Lock screen (with music controls), launcher, app drawer, etc. The dialer however, doesn't display correctly in landscape. I've attached photos to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Audio: This dock, unlike the Nexus One dock does not pair to bluetooth for audio. I'm guessing the audio is transferred through one of the pogo pins.
    When you play music, youtube, etc. the sound comes only from the audio out. Notifications and the phone ringer seem to play from both the phone and audio out.
    When playing music, if you adjust the volume from your phone, the levels do not change until you get to zero. It then mutes the audio.
    If you take the phone out of the dock while playing music the audio will pause.
    If you don't have anything plugged into audio out sound will function as normal.
    The manual states to not use the audio jack with headphones.

Phone calls: When the phone rings while in the dock, the orientation will change to portrait. I haven't tested the speaker phone while in the dock but the handset mic is blocked by the dock housing so my guess is it won't work. You can pair the phone to bluetooth and answer calls that way if you want.

I hope that answers most of your questions.

For my initial reaction and other info check this post
    Dunce Much?

had you have stated WHICH Amazon site you were looking we would have this solved by now. don't get ****ty with me, your the typical person who doesn't know how to use the internet to search for things correctly.

u mad bro? :D

Right. Spot on. Thank you for clarifying what I was doing wrong all this time by providing incredibly helpful feedback. Never would have thought to search.
    Someone have the Gnex Desk Stand and Extended Battery with cover ?

I'm interrested with both of them :)

Edit:
    Hello,

Just tested this and the slightly larger cover does not interfere with the Desk Stand.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

source: http://www.expansys.fr/ft.aspx?k=253500

Press the screen once and it will go somewhat dark, press and hold for 1 second after that and it goes completely dark except for the blue clock. The clock moves around to prevent screen burn-in.

Dock Clock is nice. You can customize the font and size, add weather, date, etc:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock
    Yes, you need to have the 4.0.4 update for dock mode to work. The release of 4.0.4 is what's been holding up the release of these docks for the past few months supposedly.

@ El Daddy--Expansys supposedly tried the dock with an LTE model and said it almost fit, but was off by just enough that you had to push the phone down into the cradle to make it touch the pogo pins and as soon as you stopped pushing, it would disconnect.