Ouya vs Nvidia Shield

Search This thread

Windiddy

Jun 7, 2010
I personally think that Nvidia shield is better than this one. With the shield, you can stream your PC games on it.

matatouille96

Jan 16, 2012
Cairo
for me, streaming steam games isnt the deciding factor...it 's that project shield has tegra 4 which is claimed to be 2.5x faster than ouya 's tegra 3 with 45% less power consumption AND that a new version of ouya will be available by next year....all that aside, i believe project shield is a lot more portable than ouya...unless you manage to link ouya to your phone 's screen or something, you 're gonna need an actual screen .-.

Malnoth

Feb 9, 2013
youre trying to compair a 100$ tv connected box with a 500$ handheld system. Its like compairing the wii from yesteryear to the psvita. Two completely different things. The ouya will be powerfull enough to do basic things but supposedly there will be a better one next year with the new Tegra chipset.

Exactly! For me my android phone and Bluetooth controller are good enough for "mobile gaming". The ouya will make a good xbmc streaming device. But that's about all I'll use it for.

bee55

May 11, 2010
The Tegra 3 in the OUYA is going to be more powerful than the ones found in mobile devices because that there is no power constraint.

Reactions: UnOfficiallyDNG

TouchscreenLover1

Jan 30, 2013
Weinstadt
AW: Ouya vs Nvidia Shield

New i think if i would have to decide nvidia project shield and Ouya i would take the project shield

Send From my Acer Iconia Tab A210 With James Rom 3.0

mancur

Feb 28, 2009
I geuss we'll have to wait for end-user benchmarks and test to see for sure :S

I got an Ouya because I'd rather drop $500 on a Nexus device and have a separate media/HD Game device for the TV than spend $500 on one that does both.
Just for reference, the Ouya uses the highest-end Tegra 3 (T33), which by comparison, is clocked significantly faster than the version inside the Nexus 7.

Ouya clock speed relative to Nexus 7 (Tegra 3):

CPU: +33%
GPU: +25%
RAM: +20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra

It's no where near a Tegra 4, but with XBMC it should handle virtually any 1080P 24fps video you throw at it, which is why I really want it. The games are a bonus.

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
Just for reference, the Ouya uses the highest-end Tegra 3 (T33), which by comparison, is clocked significantly faster than the version inside the Nexus 7.

Ouya clock speed relative to Nexus 7 (Tegra 3):

CPU: +33%
GPU: +25%
RAM: +20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra

It's no where near a Tegra 4, but with XBMC it should handle virtually any 1080P 24fps video you throw at it, which is why I really want it. The games are a bonus.

Yeah, I knew it was significantly faster than teh Tegra 3 tablets, but the claim was that it would be superior to the Tegra 4 speeds... I believe it'll be fantastic for Tegra 3.

fiktion

Apr 22, 2008
Deer Park, TX
youre trying to compair a 100$ tv connected box with a 500$ handheld system. Its like compairing the wii from yesteryear to the psvita. Two completely different things. The ouya will be powerfull enough to do basic things but supposedly there will be a better one next year with the new Tegra chipset.

Or SNES to GameBoy.

Still, though, I'd like to have both. Simply for the reason that one is on-the-go gaming, and one is console gaming.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why would I want to stream games? I'd need the hardware in my PC to do so and at that point...why am I not gaming on my gaming desktop? The logic doesn't follow with that at all.
    I personally think that Nvidia shield is better than this one. With the shield, you can stream your PC games on it.

Well, i agree with you. Remember that you' ll need an NVIDIA graphics card to do that "magic" trick :cyclops:
    The Tegra 3 in the OUYA is going to be more powerful than the ones found in mobile devices because that there is no power constraint.
    are two different devices too ...