[Q] [MAYDAY]Phone fell into water, touch not working?

Search This thread

liverpool4lyf

Dec 24, 2012
Delhi
Im going to try and give as much detail as possible.

My samsung galaxy ace s5830 fell into the toilet two days back. I immediately removed the battery, sim card, sd card and put it an a bowl of rice for 48 hrs. I am running The Ultimatum a cm 7.2 based rom for the ace.
So first when i was turning the phone on it was showing the Samsung logo and the Samsung screen after that but then getting stuck on a black screen.
Recovery opened fine, so i reflashed the rom.(i noticed here in aroma installer that touch wasnt working)
This time the phone booted up, but in safe mode!
So while its working absolutely fine, the touch is not working!!!
My phone has fallen into water before :rolleyes:
last time it fell i had taken it to a local repair shop and he'd changed the digitizer.
Is this another digitizer issue?
Is there any hope for my ace??
Any solutions, ideas tips anytging will be most welcome!
Thanku for all your help because im not getting a new phone if this one is gone:(
Put my phone back in rice for now
Once again thanks

sharingan

May 30, 2013

My samsung galaxy ace s5830 fell into the toilet two days back. I immediately removed the battery, sim card, sd card and put it an a bowl of rice for 48 hrs. I am running The Ultimatum a cm 7.2 based rom for the ace.
So first when i was turning the phone on it was showing the Samsung logo and the Samsung screen after that but then getting stuck on a black screen.
Recovery opened fine, so i reflashed the rom.(i noticed here in aroma installer that touch wasnt working)
last time it fell i had taken it to a local repair shop and he'd changed the digitizer.
Thanku for all your help because im not getting a new phone if this one is gone:(
Once again thanks

my brother i would say suggest you to take it to samsung customer care

Reactions: liverpool4lyf

sharingan

May 30, 2013
thanx for the reply man
it means a lot

But my PHONES WORKING!!!
left it for 6 days in rice!!!
working perfectly!!
Its such an amazing feeling!!
ACE IS BACK to LIFE!!
:D :D:D

oh man sorry i dont know how this rice trick did not came into my mind but it works good as it worked for you
and have fun with your ace buddy :good::good::good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Once again thanks

my brother i would say suggest you to take it to samsung customer care