[Q] symlinks failed when installing CM 11 KitKANG

Search This thread

FriendlyPear

Sep 9, 2012
Copenhagen
Hi,

I am trying to flash CM 11 KitKANG to my Desire, but without succes so far.

The installation log from 4EXT reads:

Installing KitKANG
Installing Gapps to /data
Creating symliks
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-kitkang-20140208-v0.5:slim.zip
(status 7)

Does anyone know what is causing this and what I can do to resolve it?

I have followed instructions and got a 1024mb ext4 sd-ext partition and AlphaRev Jelly Hboot; as well as tried both the latest 4EXT and twrp recoveries. This is the only ROM so far that I have tried installing that fails.

All help appreciated, thanks.

Tonal4Nagual

Apr 9, 2011
Zagreb
Are You sure that You have AlphaRev Jelly hboot?Boot in 4ext recovery and check info tab.
Size of your system partition must be 250 mb.

FriendlyPear

Sep 9, 2012
Copenhagen
Yes.

Opening info in 4EXT I see:

system / mtd3 / 250.0MiB
data / mtd5 / 185.8MiB
cache / mtd4 / 5.0 MiB

By the way, I am using 4EXT Recovery Touch version 1.0.0.5 RC9. It is dated Jul 13, 2013 and the newest version according to the 4EXT Recovery Updater app. That is still pre-KitKat though, so am I missing a recovery?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Yes.

system / mtd3 / 250.0MiB
data / mtd5 / 185.8MiB
cache / mtd4 / 5.0 MiB

By the way, I am using 4EXT Recovery Touch version 1.0.0.5 RC9. It is dated Jul 13, 2013 and the newest version according to the 4EXT Recovery Updater app. That is still pre-KitKat though, so am I missing a recovery?

Yh try flashing latest 4ext (1.0.0.6 RC1)

Reactions: FriendlyPear

Tonal4Nagual

Apr 9, 2011
Zagreb
Yes.

system / mtd3 / 250.0MiB
data / mtd5 / 185.8MiB
cache / mtd4 / 5.0 MiB

I managed to install this rom with this version of 4ext.
Maybe is something wrong with your sd partition.Somewhere on the forums I saw that guys solved that problem by
mounting sd-ext in recovery before installing rom.

Reactions: FriendlyPear

FriendlyPear

Sep 9, 2012
Copenhagen
Maybe is something wrong with your sd partition.Somewhere on the forums I saw that guys solved that problem by

Got it to work with the new v0.6!

Think you are right about the SD card being the problem. I removed it from the phone and reformatted with my PC using a card reader. Strange thing is that I have been formatting the card many times, also after I first saw the symlink failure, but always from phone recovery.So maybe one of the recoveries created an error that the following ones didn't...

Thanks for your help.

Tonal4Nagual

Apr 9, 2011
Zagreb
Got it to work with the new v0.6!

Think you are right about the SD card being the problem. I removed it from the phone and reformatted with my PC using a card reader. Strange thing is that I have been formatting the card many times, also after I first saw the symlink failure, but always from phone recovery.So maybe one of the recoveries created an error that the following ones didn't...

Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you made it.
Partitioning SD card is always better to do with 4ext or gparted with sim inserted in phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes.

system / mtd3 / 250.0MiB
    data / mtd5 / 185.8MiB
    cache / mtd4 / 5.0 MiB

Yh try flashing latest 4ext (1.0.0.6 RC1)
    Yes.

system / mtd3 / 250.0MiB
    data / mtd5 / 185.8MiB
    cache / mtd4 / 5.0 MiB