[Q] Cyanogenmod 10.2 - Network Time on Boot

Search This thread

alrosh7

Feb 9, 2012
I have just flashed Cyanogenmod 10.2 on my LTE version S4 mini.

Its works fine, as I found no bugs yet expect one. It needs to sync with network time to give you a correct time. If I go under date/time in settings and unclick the network date/time and timezone sync, and I reboot it gives me a wrong time.

Is this normal? Does Cyanogenmod relies on your network only to get the time? What if I am on aeroplane mode? I travel a lot and this is a problem for me.

Any solutions?

alrosh7

Feb 9, 2012

Its works fine, as I found no bugs yet expect one. It needs to sync with network time to give you a correct time. If I go under date/time in settings and unclick the network date/time and timezone sync, and I reboot it gives me a wrong time.

Is this normal? Does Cyanogenmod relies on your network only to get the time? What if I am on aeroplane mode? I travel a lot and this is a problem for me.

Any solutions?

Bump?

jake3317

Feb 24, 2014
When you set the time right, does it still change to a 'wrong time' during the next reboot?

maardiweb

Oct 8, 2009
I experienced the same with a S4 mini LTE on CM11. Googling the problem learned that it's a random bug without a clear cause. A few options to work around it:

- disable network time (auto time zo may stay on)
- install clock sync (root) from the play store

I did the last one and also cleared the dalvik cache. Works fine now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin

Any solutions?

maybe if the time isn't correct in the recovery it could cause this!?