Search This thread

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH
Flashed about an hour ago and so far everything is working fine for me. I don't have any of these problems that people are reporting with the home button and what not. This makes me think it is something in settings. Make sure you go through all of the settings thoroughly. Seems strange that some people are having issues and some are not. If you updated through Rom Manager, I suggest booting into recovery and wiping cache and davlik cache a couple times then flash the Rom and see if that helps. I use AmonRa recovery and was running nightly #38. I booted into recovery, wiped cache and davlik and flashed the Rom. Everything is working perfectly so far.

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Is GPS better in the final? I remember CM7 team saying it was one of the things they were aiming for in the final release.

edit - I read the changelog and didn't see anything related to gps.

Last edited:

brofist

Jan 22, 2011
Is GPS better in the final? I remember CM7 team saying it was one of the things they were aiming for in the final release.
aGPS is fully working, and many of the surrounding problems are solved, but the hardware itself in some early-gen models are just finicky and cause frustrating bugs (specifically, a few incarnations of the hardware will just *stop* in the middle of its tracks with OSS in CM7 ; CM6 used binary blobs which were essentially HTC code). Most early hardware stumbles on the Sense GPSCLRX fix while significantly more of the later-gen hardware handles the call correctly.

Cyanogen is still working on it, and has stated intently that while 7.0 is out, progress will continue constantly. The Evo and its illustrious ball of tangled fishing line called its GPS are going to get its comeuppance in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: adma84

adamantypants

Nov 8, 2008
las vegas
Flashed and after maybe half an hour it's running perfect. Just as good as my RC4 that was running. After tomorrow I should have a better idea though. I'll put it through the GPS and 4g paces and whatnot. Seems fine though. Considering using the stock kernel for once though

Toxin715

Nov 19, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
So far everything is working great for me, only had trouble with gps then did the recommended fix and bam it works fine. Also took off Rom Manager as i never use it.

Funkmon

Sep 11, 2008
Detroit
aGPS is fully working, and many of the surrounding problems are solved, but the hardware itself in some early-gen models are just finicky and cause frustrating bugs (specifically, a few incarnations of the hardware will just *stop* in the middle of its tracks with OSS in CM7 ; CM6 used binary blobs which were essentially HTC code). Most early hardware stumbles on the Sense GPSCLRX fix while significantly more of the later-gen hardware handles the call correctly.

Cyanogen is still working on it, and has stated intently that while 7.0 is out, progress will continue constantly. The Evo and its illustrious ball of tangled fishing line called its GPS are going to get its comeuppance in time.

Exceptional post, sir.

Sent from my Liberty using XDA App

NiMiNuM

Sep 2, 2010
I hope the Evo 3d doesn't have all different kinds of hardware versions like the Evo does. That's the main culprit of all these issues people are having. I got lucky no issues with mine

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

nabbed

Aug 15, 2010
My gps hardware isn't working with the latest cm7 builds.

Are they gonna build a version for evo with the cm6 code for gps?

generalExpert

Aug 11, 2010
Burbank
generalexpert.blogspot.com
Ok, just flashed CM7 Final and the phone, so far, seems fast and smooth.

BUT....

ALL video, whether it be YouTube or just recorded video on my phone, is super choppy!

I tried fixing permissions and uninstalling and reinstalling flash... still messed up. I'm on hardware 003.

HELP!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

luvtorev

Apr 14, 2009
Danbury, Connecticut
Ok, just flashed CM7 Final and the phone, so far, seems fast and smooth.

BUT....

ALL video, whether it be YouTube or just recorded video on my phone, is super choppy!

I tried fixing permissions and uninstalling and reinstalling flash... still messed up. I'm on hardware 003.

HELP!!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Same here. Very choppy video playback, anyone else?

sugewhite

Feb 21, 2009
Sunny/rainy south Fla
Good morning,
Couple of things I noticed.
1.The first theme in the theme switch app wouldn't load. The top would be green but no green display.
2.I could not connect my phone to pc. It wouldnt show up on pc(doing a nandroid now and recheck).
3. The drop down top of phone(sound,wifi,gps, etc was not there)

I and doing a complete wipe after I nandroid and reflash to see if that fixes things.

Rican Bx Bomba

Aug 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
All these issues.. I'm glad I switched back to fresh... no beef, no flaming, I love CM but these issues makes it hard for me to use it as a daily OS.. I use my evo as much as I.blink.

sugewhite

Feb 21, 2009
Sunny/rainy south Fla
Good morning,
Couple of things I noticed.
1.The first theme in the theme switch app wouldn't load. The top would be green but no green display.
2.I could not connect my phone to pc. It wouldnt show up on pc(doing a nandroid now and recheck).
3. The drop down top of phone(sound,wifi,gps, etc was not there)

I and doing a complete wipe after I nandroid and reflash to see if that fixes things.

No go.... I nandroid back to RC4. I will wait to see if the issues get fixed as well. Thanks

I

inyrules

Same. And I would prefer to use CM, but I think they can't keep up with the many hardware iterations of Evo. My G2 on CM7 is like silk.

I'd so much prefer to use it too, but all these bugs are preventing me from switching. I'm on hardware version 0002, and I can't remember where I read it, but some post said that the older hardware versions won't have stable GPS on CM7 due to something or another. I'd flash now just to try it now, but I need my GPS tomorrow to get to a concert.

ahavens17

Nov 11, 2006
Mouse Pointer

Hello all,

First, let me say what an Awesome ROM CM is. I love it and I love CM7 even better.

I was hoping to request that the Mouse Pointer for BT HiD mice that was in CM6 could be brought into CM7?

I would make a huge impact on my use of the ROM and I am sure for others also.

HDMI mirroring and the cursor = perfection.

Anyone know if that is even being worked on ? Now that we have HDMI, 4G, keyboard via BT, it is the last remaining piece of the puzzle to make the EVO a full-fledge laptop replacement when traveling...

I wanted to ask this question again, does anyone have any other information regarding the mouse pointer? I ask because this thread mentions the possibility of it being included in CM7 Final. I was able to get the HID support for the keyboard to work with Bluetooth just like on RC4, however still no mouse pointer that I'm able to locate.

Last edited:

sinistersai4d4d

Oct 21, 2009
I'd so much prefer to use it too, but all these bugs are preventing me from switching. I'm on hardware version 0002, and I can't remember where I read it, but some post said that the older hardware versions won't have stable GPS on CM7 due to something or another. I'd flash now just to try it now, but I need my GPS tomorrow to get to a concert.

I mean... you could just mapquest and print the directions lol. I remember a time before GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Evo (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image (You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    CM7 FAQ/ISSUES

This is being compiled by ausch30, and all credit should be given to him. I am simply helping by posting it here in the second post.

Visual Voicemail: Flash into sense, backup with titanium, flash back into CM7, restore data. Or use Google Voice or Youmail

WiFi Sleep Policy: Change WiFi sleep policy to never, menu>wireless and networks>WiFi settings>menu>advanced>WiFi sleep policy. Honestly it's been so long since I've done this I'm not quite sure what it fixes but I know it's been mentioned quite a bit. I do know that this will significantly improve your battery life also with some ROMs changing the WiFi sleep policy setting to never sleep can prevent random reboots.

Camera Shutter Sound: To remove shutter sound you need to remove shutter.ogg in system>media>audio>ui. Remove it through Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, ADB, etc

GPS fix: Flash into a sense rom, download MSL reader from the market, input ##GPSCLRX# into the dialer, reboot, reflash into CM7

Facebook Contacts that fail to Sync: First go into the Facebook app and select settings>sync contacts>sync all, then go into sync and sync now. Now go into your contacts list and select a contact the press menu>edit contact>menu>join, you should see all your facebook contacts in there and you can join them to your phone contacts. After that you can go back into the facebook app and switch back to sync with existing contacts.

Google Apps: For apps such as market, gmail, etc. you have to download and flash the latest gapps after flashing the rom, it can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/7/universal/

Does the camcorder app support 720p video recording: As far as I know not yet, but they are working on it.

HDMI: Working for the most part, not integrated into the rom yet. Should be in there by CM7 final.

How can I get the swype? : Go to Swype.com and sign up for the beta, it's really simple to download and install from there. http://beta.swype.com/ Thanks ItsDon

There are a lot of kernel questions. There is a stock kernel included in the rom (a rom won't work without one). There are alternate kernels available, if you have issues and are using an alternate kernel, post those questions in the associated thread.

This is what I have so far. I'm not foolish enough to believe that after posting this there won't still be people that post questions without bothering to look anywhere for the answer but my hope is that it might help to answer some questions and reduce the number of repeat questions.

Edit: SD card speed issues, I'm not sure if this has been fixed in newer releases yet

Edit: The issue is SD card speed over USB mount, use the "USB-MS" option in Amon_RA recovery to mount your SD card. That has not been addressed in RC2 or any of the nightlies so far yet. Thanks aph. There is a know issue that has been logged (#3067) by the CM team about the SD card becomming "Damaged" during RC2 install. This affects a small number of phones with a possible work around of a second reboot after the install. Thanks to s2kdriver

CM7 Supersonic FAQ
    http://xdaforums.com/wiki...sonic/ROMs/CM7

Cyanogen site
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Download link
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=supersonic

Forum
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/43-htc-evo/

Wiki
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=HTC_Evo_4G
    7.0 final is here. Have fun :)
    The GPS in the Evo is the buggiest thing I have ever seen. Before 2.3, we were using binary blobs for the GPS driver which contains who-the-hell-knows-what from HTC to fix these things. Now we are using opensource code that is based on Qualcomm reference designs which is pretty close to correct but sometimes the hardware just fails certain calls for no apparent reason (and sometimes they work just fine).

This is a blocker bug for 7.0 final, so it'll get resolved.
    GPS does not work on my Evo (old 003 hardware) on CM7 final. I came from Warm 5, so wiped everything (several times). I guess I'll try GPS Status or the Sense fix again (GPS was working on a few of the nightlies and RCs).

There is still an issue with time injection with GPS. Effing buggy hardware :( I'm gonna work on it for the point release.