USB OTG cable working in my SGSII [Video proof!]

Search This thread

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Hi everyone, quick word to all that these are working with the SGSII. No need to wait until Samsung release them in 1-2 months, and at 6x the price!

Clove Blog will have my video proof up in a couple of hours.

Only enough power to supply pendrives, but drives with their own power supplies, or drives connected to the phone via an externally powered HUB, will work.

Read speeds are fast enough to watch 1080p content.

Unfortunately USB keyboard/mouse, and two different USB gamepads were a fail.

If only I knew a place I could post this where there might be devs around who could read it and make USB gamepad support happen...

Last edited by a moderator:

dainys

Jan 5, 2006
Vilnius
Hi everyone, quick word to all that these are working with the SGSII. No need to wait until Samsung release them in 1-2 months, and at 6x the price!

Only enough power to supply pendrives, but drives with their own power supplies, or drives connected to the phone via an externally powered HUB, will work.

If only I knew a place I could post this where there might be devs around who could read it and make USB gamepad support happen...

Thanks mate, just bought it...

Reactions: azadan and Danielfr

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
If the card reader doesn't draw too much power. I tried with one and it didn't work, but if I plug it into my externally powered USB hub then it works fine.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
The Dell Mouse is freely available, I got mine for a song on Ebay.

The keyboard is awesome, but sadly no longer made. Its a Dell-branded 'iGo Stowaway Ultraslim" keyboard, has a truly great hinge mechanism and folds down to next to nothing. You may be able to find it somewhere, but last time I checked I couldn't find any. There are lots of cheap HID profile BT keyboards out there, check my thread in the Galaxy S forums - lots of people confirmed various ones working.

Jul 5, 2010
OP, thank you!

Are you rooted? Anything special needed to do the bluetooth? Anything special other than the adapter cable needed for the USB memory stick?

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
OP, thank you!

Are you rooted? Anything special needed to do the bluetooth? Anything special other than the adapter cable needed for the USB memory stick?

Yep, its Rooted, but that was only for app restoration. There are no mods or hacks applied, everything you're seeing is stock functionality.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
I don't think either the Desire or the Galaxy S will do USB OTG (although the Desire may have it baked into a custom ROM, because I know it was enabled in the Nexus 1 with a mod, I don't know enough about Desire custom ROMs to know).

The original Galaxy S does support bluetooth keyboard and mouse though (I have a demo of that in my youtube channel also).

kior22

May 20, 2010
Buenos Aires
Hope they release the USB on the go cable ASAP!!!. Thank you very much for the video, it made me get more ansious to get one of this cables and be able to connect my external hard drive full of MKV files.

Last edited:

mentalinc

Sep 27, 2010
Hope they release the USB on the go cable ASAP!!!. Thank you very much for the video, it made me get more ansious to get one of this cables and be able to connect my external hard drive full of MKV files.

The first post links to ebay which has cables that work already. They are not OEM but do the trick

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Got this one:

And it doesnt work. Phone says that it's high-power device and need external power :(

And no, i dont have anything else plugged in than this adapter. It doesnt do anything if i connect memory stick or powered usb hub on it.

Hello,

Really sorry.

I am the seller of this cable. I seldom visit here.
    One of my buyers showed me your comment.
    Maybe there is something wrong with the cable you received.
    A new cable will be sent to you today.

And any buyer can contact us for replacement or refund if there is similar problem.
    (Don't need to send the cable back).

Thank you all.

Thanks mate, just bought it...
    I don't think either the Desire or the Galaxy S will do USB OTG (although the Desire may have it baked into a custom ROM, because I know it was enabled in the Nexus 1 with a mod, I don't know enough about Desire custom ROMs to know).

The original Galaxy S does support bluetooth keyboard and mouse though (I have a demo of that in my youtube channel also).
    Hello,

Really sorry.

I am the seller of this cable. I seldom visit here.
    One of my buyers showed me your comment.
    Maybe there is something wrong with the cable you received.
    A new cable will be sent to you today.

And any buyer can contact us for replacement or refund if there is similar problem.
    (Don't need to send the cable back).

Thank you all.

Now that is what I call customer service.