[INFO]Please download Latest/Official CWM v5.8.2.0

Search This thread

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
A preface:
This is neither development or a question. This is simply an informative post that needs to be in the development section to save many users issues. (also most people looking for custom roms dont look in general section)

I did not create this.

New official CWM v5.8.2.0 (link below)

A few of us have confirmed that it now properly backs up and restores the boot.img
This Helps with the following issues
-Possibly fixes bricks (by properly restoring boot.img)
-Correctly comes with Staging/System unmounted
-Nandroid Restores properly the boot.img (of backups created with this CWM). This means no more issues when restoring a Rom if you are coming from another from (for example, if you are restoring Virtuous after wiping cm9)

Additionally:
-Backups are now about 10x faster
-Restores are a bit faster (not as dramatic as backups)

Still no go:
-External SD Card (Pretty sure)
-Reboot into recovery (probably a software issue within OS anyway)

Manual install:Here is the link to the file if you prefer to manually install (EASY WAY BELOW) -Must have unlocked bootloader
DeathByFugu said:
it IS a blob file, i checked it.. the guy just forgot to name it blob, instead of .img :)
Just rename to .blob and follow these instructions http://androidroot.mobi/2012/02/22/introducing-cwm-for-asus-transformer-prime/

------

Easy Install -Must have unlocked bootloader.
Use Rom Manager:
Install Rom Manager from the market -> Open -> First Option: 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery'-> Done.

This can be done over your current CWM (if you installed it via ViperMod) or manually)

If you have issues installing via RM try this
I had the same issue, when I first tried to install CWM via Rom Manager.
I solved it by installing the version that installs via the Prime Time Root program. Then installed the Rom Manger version without a hitch.
I think he is referring to this THREAD/Tool
or
you need to update the superuser binary. open the superuser app and go to the top right wrench icon. click it and scroll down to "Su Binary x.xx" click it to update, do it a couple times for good measure. re-install rom manager after uninstalling it from market. open it up and try again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Sent from my Droid Incredible (using one of them app things)

I take Zero Credit, just trying to be informative
credits said:
Credits:
Androidroot.mobi guys for porting the original CWM (and basically giving something for koush to look at)
CWM Team for adding to it
Anyone else who has contributed

moderators:

This is no more or no less development than this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510983

This cwm is more up to date and will prevent many end users from making the mistake of installing an outdated version. These 2 threads can (and should) be merged as long as the thread title has the latest CWM in it and the OP has some information regarding it.

Thanks

-Mike :)

Last edited:

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
cool...so this wont mess with any backups already made or any ROMs that we have already flashed?
Sorry for the noob type question, just want to be sure

mtotho

Oct 29, 2010
Union, NJ
cool...so this wont mess with any backups already made or any ROMs that we have already flashed?

It should not. all my previous ones are there after flashing in RM

Though: I dont think it will retroactively fix the boot.img restore and backup issue :p meaning, you should probably make new backups if you want to be able to restore the kernel properly in the future

Reactions: Demiurge7

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
just DL Rom Manager and tried to "Flash CWM Recovery" and it just FC's?

anyone else?

** It asks for model type and only lists the prime". I select that and it runs but never gets all the way across and then says RM is not responding?

Last edited:

GreginNH

Jul 23, 2010
Hooksett
Hmm very odd.

-I assume you are unlocked.
-Rooted
-Try opening up Rom Manager in application manager and hit clear cache.

Yep, I am runnig Virtuous ROM.
I did go in and clear cache and data and tried all over again.

It starts, the "blue bar" at the top of the screen starts to scroll across and gets to about the end and just hangs. If I remember correctly from my other phones it should boot at that point and do its thing?

I will uninstall...reboot and reinstall.

If that doesnt work, maybe I will try the old fashion adb deal.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Yep, I am runnig Virtuous ROM.
I did go in and clear cache and data and tried all over again.

It starts, the "blue bar" at the top of the screen starts to scroll across and gets to about the end and just hangs. If I remember correctly from my other phones it should boot at that point and do its thing?

I will uninstall...reboot and reinstall.

If that doesnt work, maybe I will try the old fashion adb deal.

Sounds like it's borking when it would normally ask for Superuser permissions. Make sure your Superuser app isn't blocking it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A preface:
    This is neither development or a question. This is simply an informative post that needs to be in the development section to save many users issues. (also most people looking for custom roms dont look in general section)

I did not create this.

New official CWM v5.8.2.0 (link below)

A few of us have confirmed that it now properly backs up and restores the boot.img
    This Helps with the following issues
    -Possibly fixes bricks (by properly restoring boot.img)
    -Correctly comes with Staging/System unmounted
    -Nandroid Restores properly the boot.img (of backups created with this CWM). This means no more issues when restoring a Rom if you are coming from another from (for example, if you are restoring Virtuous after wiping cm9)

Additionally:
    -Backups are now about 10x faster
    -Restores are a bit faster (not as dramatic as backups)

Still no go:
    -External SD Card (Pretty sure)
    -Reboot into recovery (probably a software issue within OS anyway)

Manual install:Here is the link to the file if you prefer to manually install (EASY WAY BELOW) -Must have unlocked bootloader
    DeathByFugu said:
    it IS a blob file, i checked it.. the guy just forgot to name it blob, instead of .img :)
    Just rename to .blob and follow these instructions http://androidroot.mobi/2012/02/22/introducing-cwm-for-asus-transformer-prime/

------

Easy Install -Must have unlocked bootloader.
    Use Rom Manager:
    Install Rom Manager from the market -> Open -> First Option: 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery'-> Done.

This can be done over your current CWM (if you installed it via ViperMod) or manually)

If you have issues installing via RM try this
    I had the same issue, when I first tried to install CWM via Rom Manager.
    I solved it by installing the version that installs via the Prime Time Root program. Then installed the Rom Manger version without a hitch.
    I think he is referring to this THREAD/Tool
    or
    you need to update the superuser binary. open the superuser app and go to the top right wrench icon. click it and scroll down to "Su Binary x.xx" click it to update, do it a couple times for good measure. re-install rom manager after uninstalling it from market. open it up and try again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Sent from my Droid Incredible (using one of them app things)

I take Zero Credit, just trying to be informative
    credits said:
    Credits:
    Androidroot.mobi guys for porting the original CWM (and basically giving something for koush to look at)
    CWM Team for adding to it
    Anyone else who has contributed

moderators:

This is no more or no less development than this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1510983

This cwm is more up to date and will prevent many end users from making the mistake of installing an outdated version. These 2 threads can (and should) be merged as long as the thread title has the latest CWM in it and the OP has some information regarding it.

Thanks

-Mike :)
    Same here, how do your properly update from this .img file?

Download Rom Manager from the market and hit 'install recovery' at the top
    Your welcome.

Thumbs up to the CWM team for finally releasing a more working recovery.
    Thumbs up to "DeathByFugu" who brought it to my attention in IRC.
    Thumbs up to those who tested with me and confirmed it was working as it should (DeathByFugu, youngex/tg3x)

Yes, you're welcome. (see the Androidroot github for our modified kernel base that allows this, by exposing boot and recovery partition)

It should not. all my previous ones are there after flashing in RM

Though: I dont think it will retroactively fix the boot.img restore and backup issue :p meaning, you should probably make new backups if you want to be able to restore the kernel properly in the future
    Simple and excellent. Worked like a charm. Thumbs up to you, sir!

Your welcome.

Thumbs up to the CWM team for finally releasing a more working recovery.
    Thumbs up to "DeathByFugu" who brought it to my attention in IRC.
    Thumbs up to those who tested with me and confirmed it was working as it should (DeathByFugu, youngex/tg3x)