[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(NS 4G) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ircsmith

Jan 7, 2010
had a new issues this weekend. went on a three day hike and am almost certain I turned the phone off before I left. when I got back the phone was dead so I must not have. but my problem is, now that its fully charged all my setting are gone. none of the widgets will load. all the apps are there and will function but its like the phone went back to the original settings of this ROM.

any ideas? will this ROM do this every time I let the phone die?

protectress

Apr 7, 2012
After carefully reinstalling the past two versions to verify my findings.. I found out that adding the following circle battery(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1559005) would not allow my torch on the notification bar to work and would not allow me to connect via USB.

The torch issue would not even turn on.

The USB issue was weird... whever I would reboot, the little USB symbol would appear but instead of saying "preparing USB storage " it would say "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ" it was very weird. And it wouldnt let me connect. Once I pushed to connect it would say System UI has stopped, the I would be forced to push 'OK" and it would be an endless loop an i had to go to recovery to connect.

And, NO i did not have the fast charge checked off... so that wasnt the above's issue with the USB. I just think that the circle battery zip was made for 2.9 and it was for 4.03 or an earlier version of ICS so conflicts had to occur... but since the circle battery worked fine... I just thought it wasnt the issue. Yet it was. So I'll just wait for a newer circle battery zip that work or just deal without it.

But since I did not install non-SLIM ICS addon or tweaks... all is fine on the torch and USB connect issues.

Just info I wanted to share... nothing serious....
Thanks again for the ROM

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

i tried and got the same issue... sound but no video on the Netflix app.

my downloaded movies play fine though

i flashed a battery that was made for 3.3 I guess, and now i dont have a status bar and get the system ui has stopped working error on startup...

what do? factory reset will fix it?

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad
If you use Luzactive try these settings
42576779-16ff-319d.jpg

°•neXus S4G•°

Hey flood, I am trying those settings now.
I wanted to ask you what LIVE OC values to use
with the settings you mentioned above.
Also I am trying deep idle so what are your thoughts on that?

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Hey flood, I am trying those settings now.
I wanted to ask you what LIVE OC values to use
with the settings you mentioned above.
Also I am trying deep idle so what are your thoughts on that?

I don't use use live oc or deep idle. Long term I have never had any luck with either. Always caused bootloops at some point. I don't use deep idle as it has no benefit for my personal use. Guess it really just depends on your personal use and what you like. I have given just about everything a shot. As of right now I am still trying different kernels daily trying to find that right balance of speed and battery. As the kernels and roms have become faster, of course, battery has suffered. So my quandary, do I want to go as fast as I can and enjoy the responsiveness every time I open my phone or run a little slower and get better battery? I have been struggling with this for a while and trying everything out there since ICS dropped in November. People that know me, know I have been making myself nutty trying to find that magical combo. No luck yet but I will keep trying because my a.d.d will allow nothing less.

†††

Reactions: waqasr

jjhrrsn

Aug 3, 2011
Portland
I don't use use live oc or deep idle. Long term I have never had any luck with either. Always caused bootloops at some point. I don't use deep idle as it has no benefit for my personal use. Guess it really just depends on your personal use and what you like. I have given just about everything a shot. As of right now I am still trying different kernels daily trying to find that right balance of speed and battery. As the kernels and roms have become faster, of course, battery has suffered. So my quandary, do I want to go as fast as I can and enjoy the responsiveness every time I open my phone or run a little slower and get better battery? I have been struggling with this for a while and trying everything out there since ICS dropped in November. People that know me, know I have been making myself nutty trying to find that magical combo. No luck yet but I will keep trying because my a.d.d will allow nothing less.

†††

I am in the same boat currently trying slim with r4 from franco with the tweaked conservative but miss the trinity colors. I've been bouncing between gummy and slim but have tried them all.

Sent from my Crespo4g using xda premium

waqasr

Nov 20, 2010
Islamabad

†††

Bro to be honest with you, I was very happy with my stock Gb2.3.7
I was getting 2+ days with 3 hours talk time. I had no tweaks
or anything installed. Just stock Gb rom. Phone was fast/smooth and
stable. Never had any issues with it. Since I got ICS OTA on my
phone it became slow, unstable and battery life also got bad.
I mostly use the phone for talking, So not much screen time plus
I also turned data off and turned it back on only when needed.
Now i rooted my phone and trying to look for good ICS rom/Kernel
to be where I was with stock Gb.2.3.7 with speed/stability/battery life
but I am failing miserably.

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
Bro to be honest with you, I was very happy with my stock Gb2.3.7
I was getting 2+ days with 3 hours talk time. I had no tweaks
or anything installed. Just stock Gb rom. Phone was fast/smooth and
stable. Never had any issues with it. Since I got ICS OTA on my
phone it became slow, unstable and battery life also got bad.
I mostly use the phone for talking, So not much screen time plus
I also turned data off and turned it back on only when needed.
Now i rooted my phone and trying to look for good ICS rom/Kernel
to be where I was with stock Gb.2.3.7 with speed/stability/battery life
but I am failing miserably.

Ya I think we are almost there speed wise but because of ics' pretty interface we are just asking to much from this device. That's why this rom does so well overall, in comparison to what's out. It's lean and stripped down. Just the right amount of features without killing the phone with extra smilies and fluff. Funny you mentioned gb because I have a nice nand that I have been using lately when ics just drives me nuts with the battery. I hope that we will be there someday with the battery but by then I will have a gnex, lol. :D

†††

michalurban

Jul 11, 2010
Near Prague
titanium backup allows you to backup and restore your wireless info. i use it often (though things did change a bit between gb and ics so keep that in mind...things may break).

Thanks for the tip, its useful! But the wifi was just an example. I just want to restore my settings without the risk of messing something ... Is there a way to just force the classic ICS after-flash update?

Last edited:

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Ya I think we are almost there speed wise but because of ics' pretty interface we are just asking to much from this device. That's why this rom does so well overall, in comparison to what's out. It's lean and stripped down. Just the right amount of features without killing the phone with extra smilies and fluff. Funny you mentioned gb because I have a nice nand that I have been using lately when ics just drives me nuts with the battery. I hope that we will be there someday with the battery but by then I will have a gnex, lol. :D

†††

when I had my nexus s I used to get 7 hours of screen on time in wifi with auto brightness at half way with slim. Just saying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
when I had my nexus s I used to get 7 hours of screen on time in wifi with auto brightness at half way with slim. Just saying

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ya yours is the best of the bunch but there are only a few folks, that comment anyway that get anywhere near that with any rom / Kernel combo. Seems as though as close as they are in specs and physical look they do seem to be different in the way of battery performance. There is a kernel that I use regularly that if you go to the ns forum people regularly get 4-5 hours of onscreen time and I would say I get half that. I am a heavy user so I take it with a grain of salt when comparing others use to mine. ICS, to me, was just not optimized for our phones like gb was. Which makes sense because gb was the latest greatest when this phone was released. Gb on this phone is a totally different experience. It's more like using ics on the gnex or et4g. Smooth, flawless, good battery, etc. Like I mentioned in my other post, this is getting pretty darn close for the short time it has been out but I am going to be pessimistic and say I don't see this ever having the same battery life or responsiveness that gb did. That being said won't keep me from flashing away trying everything under the sun, cause that's what I do. Thanks for this rom as it is one of the very few built from scratch roms for our device and with every update adds performance and stability that others lack.

†††

Reactions: krarvind

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Ya yours is the best of the bunch but there are only a few folks, that comment anyway that get anywhere near that with any rom / Kernel combo. Seems as though as close as they are in specs and physical look they do seem to be different in the way of battery performance. There is a kernel that I use regularly that if you go to the ns forum people regularly get 4-5 hours of onscreen time and I would say I get half that. I am a heavy user so I take it with a grain of salt when comparing others use to mine. ICS, to me, was just not optimized for our phones like gb was. Which makes sense because gb was the latest greatest when this phone was released. Gb on this phone is a totally different experience. It's more like using ics on the gnex or et4g. Smooth, flawless, good battery, etc. Like I mentioned in my other post, this is getting pretty darn close for the short time it has been out but I am going to be pessimistic and say I don't see this ever having the same battery life or responsiveness that gb did. That being said won't keep me from flashing away trying everything under the sun, cause that's what I do. Thanks for this rom as it is one of the very few built from scratch roms for our device and with every update adds performance and stability that others lack.

†††

GB was optimized after many releases. ICS has only had 2 and in IMO i can't ever go back to GB. I posted a few screen shots of my battery in my sgs and nexus s threads i think. As you said, battery life is all user dependent and whats teh point of having battery last for 2 days or whatever ( slim will do that do as it sleeps fine), phone is there to use, so use it :p.

jeffreynothing43

Apr 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
www.myspace.com
My screen just went crazy and I had to reboot. It looked like a television set with static only it had colors. What caused this? And will this be a recurring issue with this ROM? I really hope not, because I really like this one.

I'm guessing this has something to do with screen density settings. I made mine back to default...it was too small upon boot. Either way, has anyone had this issue as a recurring problem?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common- ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    3.6 Released, Have fun.
    ROM Updater worked flawlessly this morning and upped me to 3.4. Wish it would have prompted me to select a download directory before dl'ing. Other than that, perfect.

its there in OTA App -> Settings, you just have to choose it.

btw guys, do hit the thanks button on updates, even if i don't post the update, find one of my posts. cheers
    4.1 Released:
    Note:
    Overall change in how i am structuring Slim. No more Base + essentials + gapps. Device ROM + SLim Common ( which inclues slim gapps among other common non compiled stuff). Just flash Device ROM version THEN Slim Common ( includes Slim Gapps). you should be set.