[ROM][GSM][STOPPED] Turbo UI v0.61 (MIUI4 v2.8.10 on CM9)

Search This thread

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Development stopped. Use Turbo MIUI instead.

adh4GrmQ.png

Features/Highlights:

• MIUI4 v2.8.10 (ported from MIUI UK's Arc S ROM) based on CM9-FXP133
  • Stable, Fast, Clean and Light with no bundled nonsense - design goal of a fast and lite ROM
  • Volume+ Mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks while screen is off)
  • New Adreno Drivers, KSM-enabled and many other reliable performance enhancements
  • Everything works (nearly, important stuff works). See the "Status" section below.
  • See the changelog for extended details on changes compared to stock MIUI.

When the ROM gets to a mature state, I will be releasing my kitchen just like I did for CosmicUI (MIUI on CM7 for X10) in the spirit of open-development

Fully working (bug reports accepted if you find issues):

• Wifi and Wifi Hotspot
  • Data and Calls
  • SMS and MMS
  • MIUI Browser
  • Camera (from CM9)
  • Gamepad/Touchpads (Partial - working in most good games and emu's - same as CM9)
  • Rotation (Auto and on gamepad slide)
  • LBE Guard
  • All other MIUI apps (including Gallery and Music)
  • YouTube HD Playback
  • USB Storage
  • Location, Compass and GPS
  • Google Maps (but buggy Positioning/Compass, OK in other Map software)
  • Everything else? Report it if something is missing here.
Partially working or not yet working, currently in progress:

• CDMA Network/Patch (R800x)
Broken (bug reports NOT accepted; but patches, help and dev. discussion on possible leads/fixes WELCOME):

• Proximity sensor (CM9 issue)
  • Automatic Brightness (CM9 issue) (Disable it manually)
  • MTP (Media-mode USB) (MIUI issue)
  • Google Maps compass/orientation (Unknown issue :crying:)

Other/minor issues (low priority) already known are in post #2. Check there too before reporting any issues.

Download and Installation:

(1) Flash any CM9-based kernel with fastboot.
(2) Download Turbo UI v0.61 flashable ZIP and copy to sdCard

(3) Boot into CWM-Recovery 6; Format Data, Format Cache, install the update ZIP, reboot.
(4) Let the ROM settle for a bit, it will be laggy and the Media scanning will take a while to "kick in" - this seems to be an MIUI bug. Wait a few minutes, keep checking Gallery and Music for it to start filling up. Then reboot again. Keyboard does not work until you reboot once.
(5) If you want to set custom tones from SDCard, I suggest ES File Explorer for browsing to the Ogg/Mp3 manually (I've tested it and it works, many other File Explorers don't).

If you have issues such as bootloops, frozen kernel logo, wifi issues, anything not reported here - please try to flash latest stock firmware in flashtool and start from step (1) again! This will fully wipe the phone and start off with a clean slate, it CAN and DOES fix random issues after flashing a lot of ROM's and kernels! For R800i, R800a, R800at (GSM) - Flash Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 with latest Flashtool.

CDMA TESTING

(1) Ensure you have the CDMA baseband for CM9 - R800x_4.0.2.E.57_Verizon.ftf
(2) Install the ROM as normal (steps above), then install the Turbo UI CDMA Patch Alpha 1
(3) It is currently in testing stages, please logcat any FC's or if something doesn't work (full logcats please). Do not use it yet if you are unwilling to deal with it not working and can't send logcats!

CDMA Work in progress I have enough logcats until next patch. R800x users - do not use this ROM yet.

~ See post #3 for Fixes/Patches and Addons ~

Screenshots:

NenaMark2 Benchmark:

Setup: FXP-Turbo1a kernel; Intellidemand @ 249-1401mhz, CFQ

Changelog

Code:
v0.61
-----

- Fix FC's due to APKTool bugs from Wifi Hotspot fix
 - Fix Play Store FC's (had to update AppWidgetPicker and remove integrated Play Store update)
 - Updated LBE Guard with newest fixed version (v2.8.10 Multilang)

v0.60
-----

- Project reboot: ROM Renamed, reworked all framework patches, performance and stability improvements
 - Update: CM9-FXP133
 - Update: MIUI v2.8.10
 - Update: Adreno graphics drivers (better performance)
 - Update: System package signature checking disabled entirely (unsigned system packages now possible)
 - Update: Ported older LBE Security app in since the newest one in 2.8.10 is broken
 - Fixed: Contacts > Set up my profile
 - Fixed: Contacts > Add New
 - Fixed: Screen Security
 - Fixed: Browser crash on Listview invoke
 - Fixed: MMS (tested picture message sending and receiving)
 - Fixed: Wifi Hotspot (tested)
 - New: Default theme
 - New: DSP Manager (from CM9)
 - New: Service Menu (enter *#*#SERVICE#*#* on dialpad) (Many things not working due to CM9 base)

v0.50
-----

- Update: Wifi modules for LuPuS v3 kernel
 - Update: 720p video recording (requires LuPuS v3 kernel)
 - Update: Reverted attempted MMS fix to get SMS going again (will release MR's for a bit after this)
 - New: Default tones, wallpapers and GoogleTTS returned to /system
 - New: Aroma installer
 - Aroma: 'Customize' option (modify most things below without reinstalling)
 - Aroma: VM Preset option (Elite install) (defaults to new tweaked 'Balanced' setting)
 - Aroma: Bootanimation selection (LuPuS UI, CosmicUI or original MIUI4)
 - Aroma: Added/returned Gtalk which installs to /data
 - Aroma: Removed apps from system, now optional /data installs: MIUI Compass, MIUI Gallery, MIUI Music
 - Aroma: Added apps as optional data installs: ES File Explorer, SD Maid, Titanium Backup
 - Aroma: Added Link2SD options with selectable ext2/3/4 script preinstall

v0.40
-----

- New: CM9 libraries and binaries updated to FXP-131
 - New: MIUI version updated to v2.7.27
 - New: Playstation and Xperia Play certification
 - New: Chargemon (offline charging) graphics
 - New: System package signature verification/comparison disabled (makes modding/updating possible without resigning entire framework)
 - New: AppWidgetPicker (group Add > Widget by subpackage)
 - New: Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) enabled
 - New: Assets allowed to be purged now enabled
 - Update: Gamepad/touchpad fixes (for most games, same as CM9)
 - Update: Fixed MMS. Maybe. Hopefully didn't break SMS :)
 - Update: Sorting initial Home icons
 - Updated: Attempted fix on MediaScanner taking too long to start (MIUI v2.7.27 bug)
 - Removed: All ringtones/notifications/alarms/wallpapers except defaults (download ZIP and extract to SDCard if you want all back)
 - Removed: GoogleTTS.apk
 - Removed: All TTS languages

v0.31
-----

- Removed Telocation (useful only in China)
 - Fixed Calls (again) -_-
 - Fixed Data and APN's
 - Fixed SMS
 - Initial work for future R800x compatibility (merge in massive chunks of CM9 code)
 - Removed AudioEffectService, AccessoryKeyDispatcher and ServiceMenu (they were broken)
 - Removed unneeded permissions
 - Reverted to MIUI Browser due to CM9 browser issues (but still uses CM9 webkit)

v0.3
----

- Added Volume+ mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks) (Credits to... me!)
 - Fixed Phone and Data (properly this time)
 - Fixed Phone app crashing when headset plugged in
 - Removed FM Radio (does the Play support it? Don't know, doesn't interest me)
 - Added some SEMC stuff... something about audio effect (xLoud?) and Service Menu. Needs testing.
 - Removed "Dark Blue Mint" theme due to bugs (e.g. black-text-on-dark-background). Might bring it back later.
 - Updated Phonesky (Play Store) to latest version
 - Fixed "AccessoryKeyDispatcher". I think. Whatever it is.

v0.2
----

- Fixed Media Scanner, MIUI Gallery and MIUI Music
 - Fixed MIUI Phone app crashing due to disabled proxy sensor in kernel (force ignore set)
 - Replaced MIUI Browser (and most of the WebKit core) with CM9 version, MIUI Browser is too difficult to port
 - Removed broken MIUI Camera and replaced with CM9 Camera
 - New theming and wallpaper in LuPuS style (FYI, Lupus is Latin for 'Wolf') 
 - Some other last-minute fixes before public release, I forget the details...

v0.1
----

- Initial version
 - Based on official CM9-RC2 for Zeus and MIUI UK's 2.7.20 for the Arc S

Credits and Thanks:

wedgess
- For bringing LuPuS kernel (the roots of the ROM), inspiration and motivation :)

WhiteBoy
- For giving permission to integrate his theme "Dark Blue Mint" with my own modifications

collins521
- The main icons are a small rip from "Suave HD Redone" theme for MIUI (used with permission). If you want the full icon pack with over a thousand awesome launcher icons, check out the original thread (make sure you get the MIUI4 version).

Cyanogenmod Team, Jerpelea (and FXP contributors), Sony Mobile and Xiaomi
- Self-explanatory really *bows*

Lens_flare

- His valuable guide on porting MIUI (and also for suggesting what I'm doing was just too much work = incredible motivation :laugh:)

CosmicDan (myself)
- For being a legendary Android addict with no personal life, hacking around for fun and education... yeah, I rock... well done Dan xD
...and everyone who used CosmicUI for the X10, include all the credits there too :)

Choice Tips and Tricks
for those new to MIUI:

Some of these were taken from the official MIUI English site - check this page for more!

• Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen. The printed image is saved as PNG in "Pictures\Screenshots" on the SDCard.
  • On the lockscreen, hold "Home" to turn on the Torch
  • On the lockscreen, double-tap the padlock icon to toggle the music controls on or off
  • By default, MIUI will group all app notifications together. If you want the classic behavior back, check the option in Settings > Status bar Settings > Customize status bar notification > disable "Hide notification"

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Known Issues / Bugs

General

• Settings > About Phone has some strange graphical glitches and is missing baseband info Fixed in v0.2 Hotfix 1
  • Settings > About Phone > Status causes FC Fixed in v0.2 Hotfix 1
  • Some minor color issues with the new dark theme. Nothing too serious. Work-in-progress.
Phone/Contacts

• Pressing "Set up my profile" in Contacts results in an FC. Don't click it :) Fixed in v0.60
Browser (Web)

• Searching from the address bar doesn't work (must visit google.com manually) Fixed in v0.31 (MIUI Browser working yay)
  • Some UI strings are wrong, such as 'Remember Username/Password' when logging in (I think that's what it is). Just press back twice to get away from that if it scares you. I use Dolphin HD browser myself so I couldn't be bothered trying to fix it.
Media (Audio/Video)

• Default SMS tone is "silent" - MIUI bug. Remember to change it manually on a fresh install. Fixed since v0.60
  • Some strange pops and glitches when AudioFocus is dropped (sound stops playing), not sure how to fix that one. Fixed in v0.31.
  • Can't set custom tones from SDCard - known MIUI issue. Set with ES File Explorer (select "Others" when choosing the tone > ES File Explorer > browse to the file). Alternatively, push the ogg/mp3 file to /system/media/audio/whatever/

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Ringtone/Notification Packs

All non-default MIUI tones were ripped in order to get the maximum free space for /system to give to /data. In order to use these, you must extract to your SDCard. MIUI still has a bug that doesn't show custom tones on SDCard, the way I do it is to install ES File Explorer then when changing sounds select "Other > ES File Explorer" and manually browse for the audio file you want. I have only tested this method as working, other File Explorer apps might not assign the file properly (and it goes quiet).

- Missing MIUI ringtones/notifications - Mediafire

Default ringtones have been restored in v0.50. Remember - if you want to set custom tones from SDCard, use ES File Explorer!

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
No problem, I missed MIUI based on CM so I could mod it with more CM features, so I spent many days straight getting it going....

But I still need people to test if phone call works! As soon as it does I can work on CDMA patch so more users can test.

Reactions: idiotzach15

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden
Testing now:D

UPDATE 1: Just installed, (Used the FXP RC 2 kernel, figured it should work like the one provided by you) it booted fine and is sooo smooth, but one problem, I couldn't get signal and settings.apk crashed when trying to opening mobile networks, trying with your kernel now...

UPDATE 2: Exactly the same with your kernel, no signal and crashing when opening settings.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: CosmicDan

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Testing now:D

UPDATE 1: Just installed, (Used the FXP RC 2 kernel, figured it should work like the one provided by you) it booted fine and is sooo smooth, but one problem, I couldn't get signal and settings.apk crashed when trying to opening mobile networks, trying with your kernel now...

UPDATE 2: Exactly the same with your kernel, no signal and crashing when opening settings.apk

This is not a kernel problem, CosmicDan will fix this asap I'm testing nowMy kernel is built on cm9 sources but with lots of governors added plus extra IO-Scheduler and custom CWM Recovery 6 Check my thread, click here for Changes

Reactions: idiotzach15

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)

d_zen

Dec 4, 2011
Leeuwarden

idiotzach15

Apr 7, 2012
Laurel, MD
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
man, i really wish i data working so i could use this as my daily driver... but I'll have a galaxy nexus by tomorrow anyway... so this will be the first rom i can test with out calling, so i wont mind testing anything experimental for you guys! :)

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
@wedgess - hahaha "links man the links"

LOL

Does touchpadswork ?

R800i cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

No not yet. It's being worked on still, as the Status section says (it's in blue)

man, i really wish i data working so i could use this as my daily driver... but I'll have a galaxy nexus by tomorrow anyway... so this will be the first rom i can test with out calling, so i wont mind testing anything experimental for you guys! :)

Damn it, I knew it was too good to be true to work straight away lol.... OK I'm working on it non-stop (apart from sleep) there'll be a patch soon.

EDIT: OK I found it, my hack to fix the crash due to disabled proxy sensor in CM9 kernel is what is causing phone app to crash. I need to find a better way to do this hack. Hotfix soon.

I'll be flashing later tonight, looking forward to testing. I'm glad you guys liked my logo enough to use it, lol

Thank you, it's a cool emblem!

Last edited:

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hotfix for v0.2 is up, tested it by calling my phone and it works :) Just install over the top of v0.2. You know it sucks, dunno if it's an MIUI thing but when I call it, the phone I ring from rings for a second and a half before the screen even appears on the Play. It also happened on the X10, maybe it's an MIUI thing or this ROM just needs more work.

FYI, I had to update my kitchen. APKTool 1.4.3 is broken for apps from this ROM so I compile Phone.apk with baksmali 1.3.3, but baksmali 1.3.3 is broken for framework jar's so I have to use APKTool 1.4.3. :eek:

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Hotfix for v0.2 is up, tested it by calling my phone and it works :) Just install over the top of v0.2. You know it sucks, dunno if it's an MIUI thing but when I call it, the phone I ring from rings for a second and a half before the screen even appears on the Play. It also happened on the X10, maybe it's an MIUI thing or this ROM just needs more work.

Does the same thing on sony based roms when I tried to mess with them. Def want to test this when I can.

tempest918

Jun 27, 2012
Bloomington
I tried flashing it but I'm just hanging up on the kernel splash screen. Could it be since I'm on an r800at? CM9 RC2 works fine on my phone. I wiped data/cache, not sure what's going on.

CosmicDan

Jun 19, 2009
Sydney
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I tried flashing it but I'm just hanging up on the kernel splash screen. Could it be since I'm on an r800at? CM9 RC2 works fine on my phone. I wiped data/cache, not sure what's going on.

It might be. I think the R800at is the same as the R800a, and I run an R800a (was Telstra Australia branded, their 3G bands are different). All I can suggest is to move the Phone.apk from the hotfix into the original v0.2 ZIP and start from scratch.... but maybe it is an R800at issue in which case I'll need a logcat. EDIT: If you can't even get to logcat then it's a kernel issue.

Fixing compass (orientation) is really annoying me, it seems to work fine in MIUI Compass and GPS Status but does all retarded crap in Google Maps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development stopped. Use Turbo MIUI instead.

adh4GrmQ.png

Features/Highlights:

• MIUI4 v2.8.10 (ported from MIUI UK's Arc S ROM) based on CM9-FXP133
    • Stable, Fast, Clean and Light with no bundled nonsense - design goal of a fast and lite ROM
    • Volume+ Mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks while screen is off)
    • New Adreno Drivers, KSM-enabled and many other reliable performance enhancements
    • Everything works (nearly, important stuff works). See the "Status" section below.
    • See the changelog for extended details on changes compared to stock MIUI.

When the ROM gets to a mature state, I will be releasing my kitchen just like I did for CosmicUI (MIUI on CM7 for X10) in the spirit of open-development

Fully working (bug reports accepted if you find issues):

• Wifi and Wifi Hotspot
    • Data and Calls
    • SMS and MMS
    • MIUI Browser
    • Camera (from CM9)
    • Gamepad/Touchpads (Partial - working in most good games and emu's - same as CM9)
    • Rotation (Auto and on gamepad slide)
    • LBE Guard
    • All other MIUI apps (including Gallery and Music)
    • YouTube HD Playback
    • USB Storage
    • Location, Compass and GPS
    • Google Maps (but buggy Positioning/Compass, OK in other Map software)
    • Everything else? Report it if something is missing here.
    Partially working or not yet working, currently in progress:

• CDMA Network/Patch (R800x)
    Broken (bug reports NOT accepted; but patches, help and dev. discussion on possible leads/fixes WELCOME):

• Proximity sensor (CM9 issue)
    • Automatic Brightness (CM9 issue) (Disable it manually)
    • MTP (Media-mode USB) (MIUI issue)
    • Google Maps compass/orientation (Unknown issue :crying:)

Other/minor issues (low priority) already known are in post #2. Check there too before reporting any issues.

Download and Installation:

(1) Flash any CM9-based kernel with fastboot.
    (2) Download Turbo UI v0.61 flashable ZIP and copy to sdCard

(3) Boot into CWM-Recovery 6; Format Data, Format Cache, install the update ZIP, reboot.
    (4) Let the ROM settle for a bit, it will be laggy and the Media scanning will take a while to "kick in" - this seems to be an MIUI bug. Wait a few minutes, keep checking Gallery and Music for it to start filling up. Then reboot again. Keyboard does not work until you reboot once.
    (5) If you want to set custom tones from SDCard, I suggest ES File Explorer for browsing to the Ogg/Mp3 manually (I've tested it and it works, many other File Explorers don't).

If you have issues such as bootloops, frozen kernel logo, wifi issues, anything not reported here - please try to flash latest stock firmware in flashtool and start from step (1) again! This will fully wipe the phone and start off with a clean slate, it CAN and DOES fix random issues after flashing a lot of ROM's and kernels! For R800i, R800a, R800at (GSM) - Flash Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 with latest Flashtool.

CDMA TESTING

(1) Ensure you have the CDMA baseband for CM9 - R800x_4.0.2.E.57_Verizon.ftf
    (2) Install the ROM as normal (steps above), then install the Turbo UI CDMA Patch Alpha 1
    (3) It is currently in testing stages, please logcat any FC's or if something doesn't work (full logcats please). Do not use it yet if you are unwilling to deal with it not working and can't send logcats!

CDMA Work in progress I have enough logcats until next patch. R800x users - do not use this ROM yet.

~ See post #3 for Fixes/Patches and Addons ~

Screenshots:

NenaMark2 Benchmark:

Setup: FXP-Turbo1a kernel; Intellidemand @ 249-1401mhz, CFQ

Changelog

Code:
    v0.61
    -----

- Fix FC's due to APKTool bugs from Wifi Hotspot fix
     - Fix Play Store FC's (had to update AppWidgetPicker and remove integrated Play Store update)
     - Updated LBE Guard with newest fixed version (v2.8.10 Multilang)

v0.60
    -----

- Project reboot: ROM Renamed, reworked all framework patches, performance and stability improvements
     - Update: CM9-FXP133
     - Update: MIUI v2.8.10
     - Update: Adreno graphics drivers (better performance)
     - Update: System package signature checking disabled entirely (unsigned system packages now possible)
     - Update: Ported older LBE Security app in since the newest one in 2.8.10 is broken
     - Fixed: Contacts > Set up my profile
     - Fixed: Contacts > Add New
     - Fixed: Screen Security
     - Fixed: Browser crash on Listview invoke
     - Fixed: MMS (tested picture message sending and receiving)
     - Fixed: Wifi Hotspot (tested)
     - New: Default theme
     - New: DSP Manager (from CM9)
     - New: Service Menu (enter *#*#SERVICE#*#* on dialpad) (Many things not working due to CM9 base)

v0.50
    -----

- Update: Wifi modules for LuPuS v3 kernel
     - Update: 720p video recording (requires LuPuS v3 kernel)
     - Update: Reverted attempted MMS fix to get SMS going again (will release MR's for a bit after this)
     - New: Default tones, wallpapers and GoogleTTS returned to /system
     - New: Aroma installer
     - Aroma: 'Customize' option (modify most things below without reinstalling)
     - Aroma: VM Preset option (Elite install) (defaults to new tweaked 'Balanced' setting)
     - Aroma: Bootanimation selection (LuPuS UI, CosmicUI or original MIUI4)
     - Aroma: Added/returned Gtalk which installs to /data
     - Aroma: Removed apps from system, now optional /data installs: MIUI Compass, MIUI Gallery, MIUI Music
     - Aroma: Added apps as optional data installs: ES File Explorer, SD Maid, Titanium Backup
     - Aroma: Added Link2SD options with selectable ext2/3/4 script preinstall

v0.40
    -----

- New: CM9 libraries and binaries updated to FXP-131
     - New: MIUI version updated to v2.7.27
     - New: Playstation and Xperia Play certification
     - New: Chargemon (offline charging) graphics
     - New: System package signature verification/comparison disabled (makes modding/updating possible without resigning entire framework)
     - New: AppWidgetPicker (group Add > Widget by subpackage)
     - New: Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) enabled
     - New: Assets allowed to be purged now enabled
     - Update: Gamepad/touchpad fixes (for most games, same as CM9)
     - Update: Fixed MMS. Maybe. Hopefully didn't break SMS :)
     - Update: Sorting initial Home icons
     - Updated: Attempted fix on MediaScanner taking too long to start (MIUI v2.7.27 bug)
     - Removed: All ringtones/notifications/alarms/wallpapers except defaults (download ZIP and extract to SDCard if you want all back)
     - Removed: GoogleTTS.apk
     - Removed: All TTS languages

v0.31
    -----

- Removed Telocation (useful only in China)
     - Fixed Calls (again) -_-
     - Fixed Data and APN's
     - Fixed SMS
     - Initial work for future R800x compatibility (merge in massive chunks of CM9 code)
     - Removed AudioEffectService, AccessoryKeyDispatcher and ServiceMenu (they were broken)
     - Removed unneeded permissions
     - Reverted to MIUI Browser due to CM9 browser issues (but still uses CM9 webkit)

v0.3
    ----

- Added Volume+ mod (Hold volume to skip music tracks) (Credits to... me!)
     - Fixed Phone and Data (properly this time)
     - Fixed Phone app crashing when headset plugged in
     - Removed FM Radio (does the Play support it? Don't know, doesn't interest me)
     - Added some SEMC stuff... something about audio effect (xLoud?) and Service Menu. Needs testing.
     - Removed "Dark Blue Mint" theme due to bugs (e.g. black-text-on-dark-background). Might bring it back later.
     - Updated Phonesky (Play Store) to latest version
     - Fixed "AccessoryKeyDispatcher". I think. Whatever it is.

v0.2
    ----

- Fixed Media Scanner, MIUI Gallery and MIUI Music
     - Fixed MIUI Phone app crashing due to disabled proxy sensor in kernel (force ignore set)
     - Replaced MIUI Browser (and most of the WebKit core) with CM9 version, MIUI Browser is too difficult to port
     - Removed broken MIUI Camera and replaced with CM9 Camera
     - New theming and wallpaper in LuPuS style (FYI, Lupus is Latin for 'Wolf') 
     - Some other last-minute fixes before public release, I forget the details...

v0.1
    ----

- Initial version
     - Based on official CM9-RC2 for Zeus and MIUI UK's 2.7.20 for the Arc S

Credits and Thanks:

wedgess
    - For bringing LuPuS kernel (the roots of the ROM), inspiration and motivation :)

WhiteBoy
    - For giving permission to integrate his theme "Dark Blue Mint" with my own modifications

collins521
    - The main icons are a small rip from "Suave HD Redone" theme for MIUI (used with permission). If you want the full icon pack with over a thousand awesome launcher icons, check out the original thread (make sure you get the MIUI4 version).

Cyanogenmod Team, Jerpelea (and FXP contributors), Sony Mobile and Xiaomi
    - Self-explanatory really *bows*

Lens_flare

- His valuable guide on porting MIUI (and also for suggesting what I'm doing was just too much work = incredible motivation :laugh:)

CosmicDan (myself)
    - For being a legendary Android addict with no personal life, hacking around for fun and education... yeah, I rock... well done Dan xD
    ...and everyone who used CosmicUI for the X10, include all the credits there too :)

Choice Tips and Tricks
    for those new to MIUI:

Some of these were taken from the official MIUI English site - check this page for more!

• Press "Menu" key and "Volume Down" key at the same time to print a screen. The printed image is saved as PNG in "Pictures\Screenshots" on the SDCard.
    • On the lockscreen, hold "Home" to turn on the Torch
    • On the lockscreen, double-tap the padlock icon to toggle the music controls on or off
    • By default, MIUI will group all app notifications together. If you want the classic behavior back, check the option in Settings > Status bar Settings > Customize status bar notification > disable "Hide notification"
    Known Issues / Bugs

General

• Settings > About Phone has some strange graphical glitches and is missing baseband info Fixed in v0.2 Hotfix 1
    • Settings > About Phone > Status causes FC Fixed in v0.2 Hotfix 1
    • Some minor color issues with the new dark theme. Nothing too serious. Work-in-progress.
    Phone/Contacts

• Pressing "Set up my profile" in Contacts results in an FC. Don't click it :) Fixed in v0.60
    Browser (Web)

• Searching from the address bar doesn't work (must visit google.com manually) Fixed in v0.31 (MIUI Browser working yay)
    • Some UI strings are wrong, such as 'Remember Username/Password' when logging in (I think that's what it is). Just press back twice to get away from that if it scares you. I use Dolphin HD browser myself so I couldn't be bothered trying to fix it.
    Media (Audio/Video)

• Default SMS tone is "silent" - MIUI bug. Remember to change it manually on a fresh install. Fixed since v0.60
    • Some strange pops and glitches when AudioFocus is dropped (sound stops playing), not sure how to fix that one. Fixed in v0.31.
    • Can't set custom tones from SDCard - known MIUI issue. Set with ES File Explorer (select "Others" when choosing the tone > ES File Explorer > browse to the file). Alternatively, push the ogg/mp3 file to /system/media/audio/whatever/
    First Comment wuhoooo going to be using this as my Daily Driver Now :)
    I wonder, would people prefer I focus on fixing MMS/CDMA on this ROM or focus on an MIUI based on Jellybean? Nevermind, I'll try to fix MMS/CDMA/Lock option on this first.

EDIT: Next update will take some time because I am updated my kitchen with diff patch capability, right now it just replaces smali files and that makes it very difficult to update the CM9 and MIUI bases to newer versions. But I am also doing heavy research of the entire framework while I do it, so there is a chance that CDMA, MMS and the Lockscreen-settings crash will be 100% fixed in the next release.
    OK guys, I have some bad news and then some good news.

Bad is that I can't fix CDMA on this ROM.

Good is that I already have a ROM that boots and has most things working already - based on MIUI5 (Jellybean) - which is a port from the Galaxy Nexus. Since the Galaxy Nexus also has GSM and CDMA versions, it should be possible to create a CDMA version of MIUI5 for the Play (as long as CM10 has working cdma).

The new ROM will also keep the default theme, since MIUI5 is changed a lot again and I won't have time to theme it.

With that said, this ROM will no longer be developed - unless something good happens. It's on to JB for me :)