www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
icZPqYAaWhIPD.png

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
ybunuhus.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

supade9e.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

aquariuz23

Mar 3, 2011
Clifton, NJ
hbB93VS.png
95szgAH.png

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

awesome background!

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Thts great... May i ask how did you do that ?

Sure thing. Since you didn't specify which one you'd like to know, I guess I'll explain both.

For the lockscreen, I am using WidgetLocker, although if you are using JB 4.2, it won't really be necessary since you can add widgets to the lockscreen. The widget you see in the middle is UCCW with a skin by iWizard called Shapes UCCW Skin. That is all for the lockscreen.

As for the Homescreen, it is much more complicated but here goes. I am using Nova Launcher Prime. I'll start at the bottom and make my way around.

Bottom: Those at the bottom are just regular folders that you can set up in any ICS or JB launchers. I'm not sure if any of the other launchers have the circular background, but I know Apex Launcher didn't have it when I switched to Nova several months back. They might have it now. Also, using the options available in Nova Launcher, I removed the bottom dock, since I won't be needing it.

Left: Now on the left side, technically there is nothing there. The picture below is how it looks like normally. I have placed a widget by the left center area called Circle Launcher. It is a widget that when you tap on it will reveal the apps you've attached to it. I've made it to sorta mimic the bottom dock. Now to make it invisible, you will have to replace the default widget icon with a blank, transparent icon. I used Simple Text to create a transparent circle and replace the icon with it. Now it's not there until you pressed on it.

Screenshot_2013-02-15-00-07-53_zpsba408651.jpg

Top and Right: These two sides are using the same widget called Zooper Widget Pro and it is an awesome app if you are interested in custom making your own widgets. It is similar to UCCW, although I feel Zooper is much easier and straight forward to use, with really nice outcomes. Also, you technically can use Zooper Widget Free version, which is exactly the same, but you are limited to only 1 save file for your custom widget. That means you can only create or modify one file each time, and if you lose that widget, your hard work is gone for good. I forked out the 2 bucks and it's worthed. The top widget is completely custom made by me, inspired by other similar looking widgets I've seen long time back. It consists of multiple layers; the hour, the minute, weather, battery, and calendar. I might move the calendar with the date widget on the right side and instead put location there. The right side widget is a modification of an existing template that comes with the app. I just modified it to the way I like, nothing much to it.

If you're interested in the either the top or right widget templates, I can see if there is a way to export them as a package. Hope this answers your question :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthDerron

Mr.S.K.

Jan 26, 2012
Mumbai
awesome background!

---------- Post added at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Sure thing. Since you didn't specify which one you'd like to know, I guess I'll explain both.

For the lockscreen, I am using WidgetLocker, although if you are using JB 4.2, it won't really be necessary since you can add widgets to the lockscreen. The widget you see in the middle is UCCW with a skin by iWizard called Shapes UCCW Skin. That is all for the lockscreen.

As for the Homescreen, it is much more complicated but here goes. I am using Nova Launcher Prime. I'll start at the bottom and make my way around.

Bottom: Those at the bottom are just regular folders that you can set up in any ICS or JB launchers. I'm not sure if any of the other launchers have the circular background, but I know Apex Launcher didn't have it when I switched to Nova several months back. They might have it now. Also, using the options available in Nova Launcher, I removed the bottom dock, since I won't be needing it.

Left: Now on the left side, technically there is nothing there. The picture below is how it looks like normally. I have placed a widget by the left center area called Circle Launcher. It is a widget that when you tap on it will reveal the apps you've attached to it. I've made it to sorta mimic the bottom dock. Now to make it invisible, you will have to replace the default widget icon with a blank, transparent icon. I used Simple Text to create a transparent circle and replace the icon with it. Now it's not there until you pressed on it.

Screenshot_2013-02-15-00-07-53_zpsba408651.jpg

Top and Right: These two sides are using the same widget called Zooper Widget Pro and it is an awesome app if you are interested in custom making your own widgets. It is similar to UCCW, although I feel Zooper is much easier and straight forward to use, with really nice outcomes. Also, you technically can use Zooper Widget Free version, which is exactly the same, but you are limited to only 1 save file for your custom widget. That means you can only create or modify one file each time, and if you lose that widget, your hard work is gone for good. I forked out the 2 bucks and it's worthed. The top widget is completely custom made by me, inspired by other similar looking widgets I've seen long time back. It consists of multiple layers; the hour, the minute, weather, battery, and calendar. I might move the calendar with the date widget on the right side and instead put location there. The right side widget is a modification of an existing template that comes with the app. I just modified it to the way I like, nothing much to it.

If you're interested in the either the top or right widget templates, I can see if there is a way to export them as a package. Hope this answers your question :)

Thanks for that explanation. I was interested in both. I tried using uccw before but couldnt figure it out. It would be great if you can export those widgets and guide me lil bit on how to use it...

once again, thanks a ton for details explanation :good::)

xstayxposix

Feb 13, 2011
Surprise, Arizona
My current home screen. Haven't touched lock screen yet. App drawer button is part of the nav. bar; recents is right next to it but blacked out.

Sent from my phone. Expect typos.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360914169865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360914169865.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 168

eujin209

Dec 3, 2010
New one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360952877796.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360952877796.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 269

luc.highwalker

Oct 26, 2012
This is probably my favorite set up I've made. :)

Lock screen
uploadfromtaptalk1361038762358.jpg

Main screen
uploadfromtaptalk1361038773191.jpg

School page
uploadfromtaptalk1361038783901.jpg

Game page
uploadfromtaptalk1361038799051.jpg

Game page pulled out
uploadfromtaptalk1361038810898.jpg

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

Reactions: oddspec